Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Melbourne Terrace

by Beefysim1 Posted 1st May 2011 at 6:32 AM - Updated 20th Jul 2013 at 12:49 PM by Beefysim1

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:49 AM
Ooh these look lovely! I love looking at these houses whenever I drive into the city :D
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 12:41 AM
they are magnificant!! Ever since i've driven past them in the city I've always wanted to live in one
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:49 AM
these are fabby! You have captured them so well
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:55 AM
Aww, you're making me miss home. These are wonderful, good work.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd May 2011 at 5:01 AM
G O R G E O U S !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:46 AM
Wow!!! Those lots are so detailed, thanks mate!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd May 2011 at 6:22 PM
it's so beautiful...
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd May 2011 at 2:21 AM
I spent a year in Melbourne a while ago, and lived in a terrace exactly like those Good memories!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:26 AM
These are very beautiful! The Veranda custom content adds a gothic revival touch and makes it seem very realistic. Fab!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:27 AM
Love these Beefy :D:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd May 2011 at 3:49 PM
hi!i just want to ask if i can have a neighborhood Sim in this??thanks a lot!:D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:43 AM
Thank you all for the comments

@blackflame936714: I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean can anybody move into it? Yes. You can place this lot in any neighbourhood, not just Bridgeport. I made it in Riverview. Moving into it is the same as moving into a house, except that, depending on which terrace you download, the other two will be blacked out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:31 PM
I've just came onto MTS looking for a house for the first time in many months and I've stumbled across your amazing Terrace. It is gorgeous and looks so realistic, like the ones you see in any Aussie city. It's wonderful to have some well made familiar Architecture in the game. All your work is beautiful and I hope you continue with your series. I've got to ask are you considering Federation style or some of the other classics in the future? Thank you so very much these are brilliant - love them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th May 2011 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
I've just came onto MTS looking for a house for the first time in many months and I've stumbled across your amazing Terrace. It is gorgeous and looks so realistic, like the ones you see in any Aussie city. It's wonderful to have some well made familiar Architecture in the game. All your work is beautiful and I hope you continue with your series. I've got to ask are you considering Federation style or some of the other classics in the future? Thank you so very much these are brilliant - love them!

Thanks very much! At the moment I've departed from uniquely Australian houses and am making a modern one. After that, however, I will make another Australian style house. I haven't decided what specific category I'll reproduce yet. The architectural elements in The Sims 3 are mostly beneficial to American style homes, so with any Australian house one has to make compromises and sacrifices—it's sometimes the tiniest elements that turn a box into a uniquely Australian creation.

On the Gold Coast where I live, there's very few historical buildings to draw inspiration from, so whatever style I choose will probably be something from whatever I can glean from photos of elsewhere. I tried making Admiralty House at one point, but I simply couldn't replicate the style.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th May 2011 at 6:20 AM
How did you do it w/ the Apartment mail boxes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th May 2011 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsimsfan2
How did you do it w/ the Apartment mail boxes

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424060
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th May 2011 at 7:48 AM
Hey I love the terraces! They make sims feel like I have a little bit of home in my game! But U was just wondering if it was possible to make the other two terraces available to move sims in? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
Nice :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:35 PM
Amazing, good work! Thanks for sharing =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 9:31 AM
Awesome! I always wanted terrace houses in TS2 but could never find the proper CC to make them. These are beautiful, thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beefysim1
Thanks very much! At the moment I've departed from uniquely Australian houses and am making a modern one. After that, however, I will make another Australian style house. I haven't decided what specific category I'll reproduce yet. The architectural elements in The Sims 3 are mostly beneficial to American style homes, so with any Australian house one has to make compromises and sacrifices—it's sometimes the tiniest elements that turn a box into a uniquely Australian creation.

On the Gold Coast where I live, there's very few historical buildings to draw inspiration from, so whatever style I choose will probably be something from whatever I can glean from photos of elsewhere. I tried making Admiralty House at one point, but I simply couldn't replicate the style.

PLEASE make an Old Queenslander(If you havent already, ill have to check) they are the most beautiful Aussie houses and i grew up in one in Innisfail! And now living in Europe, i miss them!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 2:53 PM
This comment solved all my questions:

Quote: Originally posted by Beefysim1
Thank you all for the comments

@blackflame936714: I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean can anybody move into it? Yes. You can place this lot in any neighbourhood, not just Bridgeport. I made it in Riverview. Moving into it is the same as moving into a house, except that, depending on which terrace you download, the other two will be blacked out.

And, wow, after reading it, I decided that I want all the 3 lovely homes, so I will download all of them and play with different Sims in different cities! hehehe!

This is my dream lot. hehehe... I was just thinking about creating something very alike, but with some space else to build a swimming pool, some space for games. In the backyard, I am quite sure I'll put a bathtub. Wow! These are really my dream houses. I wish I lived in one just like these.

Congrats for the amazing creation!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:25 AM
thanx i will make the 2 i like the most apartments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 8:48 AM
I adore this lot. I just adore it. It's wonderful as it is, and with some of my favourite CC it makes me ridiculously, and quite embarrassingly, happy lol.
Page 1 of 2