Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 6:40 AM
I've been starting to play in Hanogi Port and the more I explore it, the more I like it. There's some really unique houses, for example there's a bunker house where it's all underground and has a very sci-fi look to it. The only real drawbacks are that all the lot descriptions are only links to the creator's blog, every club seems to be open to all sims, classical music played at the sports bar, and I had to add the Ambitions lots myself (though that only took a few minutes to do). Otherwise it's awesome. If you want something similar but not too similar to Bridgeport I recommend trying out Hanogi Port. With all the apartment buildings I think I may be able fit about 200 sims. Hopefully a decent amount of sims will show up at hotspots once I'm done populating the place.

I played in Saskan Harbour for a good few months, pretty decent world. It has a lot of room for putting in the new lots from EPs. I even made a tomb underneath the military base where at the end your sim could take a dive well to that house on one of the small islands. The way it's laid out almost encourages you to use your imagination to make the world your own. I definitely went to town with that (pun intended!).

Los Aniegos looks amazing, but I don't think my laptop would handle it too well. Judging from all the pictures I think I want to experience that world with a good graphics card regardless, so I'll wait until I get a higher-end computer. Same goes to Georgia Falls.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I've been starting to play in Hanogi Port and the more I explore it, the more I like it.

Los Aniegos looks amazing, but I don't think my laptop would handle it too well. Judging from all the pictures I think I want to experience that world with a good graphics card regardless, so I'll wait until I get a higher-end computer. Same goes to Georgia Falls.

I actually downloaded Hanogi Port a few days ago and have been overhauling the whole city. It has good bones but like you said, it needs some work.

Also, before I updated my graphics card I was playing Georgia Falls perfectly. It's not a very demanding world in terms of graphics and such.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 3:51 PM
Like many of you I love Georgia Falls and Los Aniegos. They are the only custom worlds I play in other than my own. But with Georgia Falls I had to delete A LOT of trees there were way too many, and with Los Aniegos, the lag is kind of unbearable for me.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:09 PM
I just took a look at Los Aniegos Late Night edition. I'll deffo be giving it a try and looks like it might become a favorite.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 7:27 PM
I'm afraid to try and custom world because I only have Ambitions and most of the worlds calls for all packs..... so I'ma just wait till I have the money to buy the other packs THey are rather purty tho
Eminence Grise
#31 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calicoskies
I'm afraid to try and custom world because I only have Ambitions and most of the worlds calls for all packs..... so I'ma just wait till I have the money to buy the other packs THey are rather purty tho

Just look for older worlds, or older versions. Only the latest ones require all packs, after all
Scholar
#32 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 3:38 AM
If you don't have a ton of EP's SP's try The Victorian Bay by RuthlessKK- it is a great world, has houses at all income levels from starters to mansions and all of the lots are really terrific lots by MTS's own RuthlessKk, there is no Cc and it only requires base game. You can get it here http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=154235 . You may have to edit it to add in the Ambitions lots, I am not sure the game does that for custom worlds.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 6:47 AM
I've been using Monte Verde since June. I just love it, and the scenario in it. I have two separate towns in it, Midsomer is a small quiet town, while Basin City is the "big" city. What I love about this world the most, is the mountains.
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 8:31 AM
I've played a few .. I love LA except now with the LN edition it seems to be slow as hell, and that's with my packages combined, and with caches being deleted. It might be my computer but I haven't found a smaller non CC world that has LN stuff in it.. I played Redcliffs but it didn't have starter houses, I don't think, which annoyed me, and I was on my laptop then so it was laggy.. Pleasant Valley which doesn't work for some weird reason, and Pleasantview which is just Sunset Valley with Sims2 houses and characters..

I do love LA, but I wish people wouldn't make such big worlds.. =[
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 10:25 AM
Custom worlds seem to come in two styles: (1) the show ponies that are meant to be looked at and not played, and (2) the games which are meant to be played. The former seem to greatly outnumber the latter. The key difference appears to be whether the creator has actually played his own world. If a creator will not play in his own world, why should anyone else?

Usually, one can tell whether a creator has actually played in his own world within a couple of sims days (several hours) of gameplay. If he has not played in his own world, basics will be missing -- things like an absence of spawners, basic rabbitholes, and starter homes. Typically an unplayed world will have lots of EA lots, or lots which are half baked and which no sim has obviously lived in. An unplayed world also tends to lack things that most players will insert into worlds -- things like places to get married. A good clue is whether kitchens have fire alarms. Often these worlds have an unfinished feel to them. If a world has a lot of lag, it almost certainly is a show pony.

It does really take a lot of time playing a world, however, to see if it is playable. It pays to be cautious about comments on the world where it appears that the person making the comment has never actually played a world and has just looked at a few screenshots -- anyone can look at screenshots.

Unfortunately, to date, I have not found many worlds which were designed to be played in. There are a lot of show ponies. A lot of simmers apparently judge a world by its preview pictures without ever playing it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle
I've played a few .. I love LA except now with the LN edition it seems to be slow as hell, and that's with my packages combined, and with caches being deleted. It might be my computer but I haven't found a smaller non CC world that has LN stuff in it.. I played Redcliffs but it didn't have starter houses, I don't think, which annoyed me, and I was on my laptop then so it was laggy.. Pleasant Valley which doesn't work for some weird reason, and Pleasantview which is just Sunset Valley with Sims2 houses and characters..

I do love LA, but I wish people wouldn't make such big worlds.. =[

I think it's pretty laggy even for those of us who have higher specs. I messed around with view distance, and it runs like a dream on low distance setting. I wasn't happy with that though, because I missed being able to see a view. So after all of that, I decided that perhaps the abundance of trees and shrubbery was to blame. It took awhile to delete a lot of it but it ran a lot smoother when I finished.
Theorist
#37 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 3:57 PM Last edited by tizerist : 14th Feb 2011 at 4:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nadzicle
I wish people wouldn't make such big worlds.. =[

You do realise that, like Jay just said, the more you delete, the smoother it will run, right?
You can turn any power-hungry town into a small map this way, with the added bonus of distant land.

I need towns that have a unique layout, or look. They must be large. (Or they must be Coconut Island )
Any hood that uses rugs instead of EA buildings gets an extra 10% from me. Thats a sign that the creator wasn't happy with the tools they were using, and improvised accordingly.

This town is an excellent example. Completely has its own vibe.
I so hope this sees a release.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/250892.page
*Youtube vid is down now, you can't see anything*

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#38 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:41 PM
thanks for the links SB

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#39 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Night Racer : 14th Feb 2011 at 7:59 PM.
I just found Red Cliffs thanks to this thread and im ecstatic. Im growing old of Sunset valley and want my sims to move, and Los Anegios causes to much lag. I hope this town works out well.

Edit: To anyone else that downloaded and played Redcliffs; Do you find it to be pretty much a DIY world? Minimal to no built residential lots and no sims? i downloaded the Late Night version and in the thread it mentioned many apartments and sims, but i dont have that :I My town is pnly community buildings and a few select residential lots.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 2:46 AM
@tizerist

You should definitely check out Hanogi Port and e-Seoul World then. Everything on the website is Korean, but it's pretty easy to find the dl links - it's worth it imo. The worlds are both very unique, and you can tell the creator put their heart into both of the maps, adding features I haven't seen implemented in many other worlds.

http://blog.naver.com/museaka/100117853259

@Night Racer

It's pretty much a 'turn-key' world - not requiring much, if any, DIY. I'm a very picky sims player and like my world to be perfect, so if you're like me you'll probably find some of the lots may need work, but not many. Not many families come with the town either, so nuking them shouldn't be that time consuming.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 3:04 AM
Hanogi Port looks amazing, now if only I hadn't lost LN
Scholar
#42 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
@Night Racer

It's pretty much a 'turn-key' world - not requiring much, if any, DIY. I'm a very picky sims player and like my world to be perfect, so if you're like me you'll probably find some of the lots may need work, but not many. Not many families come with the town either, so nuking them shouldn't be that time consuming.

Nevermind. I forgot to download the Save Game file with it when I installed it; I did that and now I have all kinds of houses and sims. So im happy
Forum Resident
#43 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:45 AM
The only custom world I've spent a lot of time playing is Los Aniegos. I've tried other custom worlds, but usually I never go back to them and end up deleting them. I'd always end up going back to either Sunset Valley or Twinbrook. But I've played LA since it was released (I have the new version now) and even on the old version, I didn't have much lag. I think it really depends on if your computer can handle it or not. Anyway, I really like LA because the whole place is gorgeous with lots of places to take nice pics and all the houses are decorated really nicely. I've barely changed anything about the decor, unlike when I play an EA-made world, where I go and rebuild all the houses from scratch. I love the sims in LA as well.
Scholar
#44 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:48 AM
I like Riverblossom Hills a lot too. But after reading this thread I need to check Moon Base Charlie and Los Aneigos now too
Or maybe not, because I wont be able to chose which to play then, hm
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 8:33 PM
Well I've been fooling around in Los Aneigos Late Night edition but there is inexplicable freeze lag ever so often. And I have a top spec pc. Need to find another city that'll combine rural areas with late night compatibility.
Eminence Grise
#46 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 2:00 AM
I've started playing Kiwi_Tea's Riverblossom Hills, and I love it :-) The sims have soooooooooooo much character. Right now I'm playing the family based on Sherlock Holms and Dr Watson. Sherlock is a PI, as expected, but Watson... wants to be a movie director... and he's shy And of course they're lovers (the slash fiction version of Doyle, I guess ).

I am having some issues with various PI cases being bugged, but I think that's just Ambitions bugs, rather than world-related.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:24 AM
My favorite custom world would have to be Constant Springs.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:57 AM
MrNobody19: Constant spring looks really lovely.
Alchemist
#49 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 11:44 AM
Well, now I have both Moon Base Delta and LA. Is it possible to check them out in game, whithout losing my current neighborhood and family? If I start a new game it shouldn't erase the old one, right? LA looks such a gem but I'm worried about the lag so many have experienced.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Well, now I have both Moon Base Delta and LA. Is it possible to check them out in game, whithout losing my current neighborhood and family? If I start a new game it shouldn't erase the old one, right? LA looks such a gem but I'm worried about the lag so many have experienced.

you can have many save games. Just make the name unique if you want to keep it!
Page 2 of 42