Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hobb's Hollow - Subterranean Starter Home!

by QBUILDERZ Posted 29th Jan 2011 at 8:04 PM - Updated 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:04 AM by QBUILDERZ : Fixed some bad formatting :P

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 8:34 PM
This is no CC correct?

I absolutely adore it!

I'll probably fiddle with it, and add some stuff from the EA Fairy set. Thank you so much for this brilliant little house!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 8:36 PM
So cool. You should make more that are bigger!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 8:53 PM
Oh wow! That is encredible! Downloaded!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM
What a cute house and a great idea! I´ll have to read that tutorial. Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:44 PM
Public announcement- in the first post Qbuilderz states "I did it thanks to... Simsample for reverse engineering this feat!"

I'd just like to point out that it was in fact Qbuilderz that figured out how Domangcop did this, I wrote the tutorial based on Qbuilderz' instructions!

Well done Qbuilderz, this house is brilliant!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:47 PM
I wanted to make a house like this, too (but modern) after seeing that thread. You've beaten me to it. Well done!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:11 AM
This is really awesome that you managed to solve the puzzle and figure out how to do this! First of surely many awesome lots in this style!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:06 AM
As an extremely intrigued downloader I'm amazed at how well this looks. It feels like something I would see while playing Dragon Age, lol. And I love it. While I can easily see how it's created, simply creating this would had never occurred to me. Spectacular job.
Veteran Finn
#10 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:09 AM
So cute
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:02 AM
I HATE you.....for evicting your Ramirez family from their so sweet nest !!! Poor Ramirez !

And,like the previous posters,I LOVE your house.This lot is stunningly amazing.Of course technically a masterpiece, and esthetically a true jewel.Everything looks natural and so real,full of peace and harmony.Thank you so much !
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 12:15 PM
Wow terrific ! What a great creation ! Well done fellow, thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:14 PM
This is really interesting, you should really play around with this and see what else you can get with it, maybe put a house over the basement and make the basement into a guest apartment, or just make a bigger house
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:35 PM
This is great, so cute, thank you!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 5:19 PM
This is so freaking awesome! :lovestruc but omg hobbit hole >.> lol, it's genuinely stunning, you didn't just 'use' the technique, you really made a stunning home with it! Your finishing touches make it so dang hobbity!
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:00 PM
I love this. I also greatly appreciate that you posted the tutorial.

I did have one routing problem with it however, not going over the home but coming out of it.I had my sim cook dinner and then told her to go check the mail, she walked up the hill through the roof and out to the mail box. The real problem came when i tried to make her go back inside she would disappear at the front door and then every action she did afterwards she would reappear coming out through the roof at the back of the kitchen, walk all the way around to the front door, then disappear as she went in and do one action while invisible before repeating.

I fixed this by turning on testingCheats and then shift clicking inside the house to have her 'teleport' in. This seemed to fix the problem. Just letting everyone know in case the same happens to them.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful little house. I love it.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:03 PM
Whoa! This is a true Hobbit home - looks almost like the ones in the movie except the windows and doors. I'll have to redo all my hobbit homes now, I guess. *lol*

Excellent job done!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TBLite
I love this. I also greatly appreciate that you posted the tutorial.

I did have one routing problem with it however, not going over the home but coming out of it.I had my sim cook dinner and then told her to go check the mail, she walked up the hill through the roof and out to the mail box. The real problem came when i tried to make her go back inside she would disappear at the front door and then every action she did afterwards she would reappear coming out through the roof at the back of the kitchen, walk all the way around to the front door, then disappear as she went in and do one action while invisible before repeating.

I fixed this by turning on testingCheats and then shift clicking inside the house to have her 'teleport' in. This seemed to fix the problem. Just letting everyone know in case the same happens to them.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful little house. I love it.

Hmmm, that is really strange. As my post said, I playtested, and I had similar scenario, but no glitching. See, I wanted to get some sims sitting on top of the house for a nice "Look! The sims LOVE eeet!" picture. My sims (completely honestly! lol) were cooking as well at the time They finished and went on their merry way to the top of the house. Granted, I then found out sims couldnt just sit on the ground, nor write in their journal...nor hang out. But...that is beside the point XD

However, thank you for reporting this. When I make the tutorial for the tutorial section, I will leave a note saying that there may be some routing issues in certain situations, as well as any possible fixes for it

To the first commenter: No, I almost never use CC, and if I did the post would say so. The queue moderators are quite vigialant when it comes to snuffing out CC

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
I aim to misbehave
#19 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:28 PM
Well, now my hobbit hole looks like crap compared to this hahaha You managed to do a real one Really great job
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 3:26 PM
I would love to download this at first, but then i discovered that there only was 2 windows! Try next time to make more, so I can get myself to downloading it. (: (It may be hard, but if there was an opening on both sides? Then there could come much more light into the house!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 4:20 PM
Simmeramalie, it's a basement lot, which you would realise if you looked carefully at the pictures. Qbuilderz is also working on a tutorial so that you can build your own, with lots of windows if you want (and there is a link to a thread explaining how in the first post). However the point of this building is that it is underground.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 6:04 PM
ขขอบใจนะ
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
#23 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 11:56 PM
Great job! I was attempting to use the tutorial mentioned today. I had a great house going, and my game went "not responding." I'll give it another whirl. It's a great concept and very useful for fantasy homes or walkout basements. I love this little starter! Thanks for sharing :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 1:14 PM
absolutely amazing.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 11:52 PM
excellent architectural design here~ Just fab!
Page 1 of 2