Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Morbid Manor

by simgrl1934 Posted 12th Oct 2010 at 4:57 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2010 at 6:58 PM by simgrl1934 : Required changes, edit lot size,

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:48 AM
Stunning!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 12:26 PM
It's lovely; I can't ever download things like these however, with the gazillion EP's needed
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:41 PM
beautiful! thank you
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 2:47 PM
It's always a pleasure to see one of your houses. Awesome build!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 3:48 PM
Um, but how to place in game a 6x6 lot?? I'd love to play it, looks so awesome, spooky and mysterious.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 4:29 PM
Hmm, very impressive. Would have been perfect for my group of monsters, (witch, vampire, zombie, and such) except I have them in a spooky house, and seems there's a bit of extra wals and such to add in, already have a ton of floors and walls.
Did notice ONE thing from the screenshots, seems the "basement" area, you can only hang stuff on the sections that are actual walls? You didn't make all the interior walls of this area useable?
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 5:53 PM
Excuse me while i gork at this for a few hours! :o This is truly amazing, you have a GREAT eye for detail and superb use of CC! Fantastic!
Scholar
#9 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:11 PM
Alright, the lot is actually 6x5 in game, so I placed it with no problems.

However, the whole terrain is flashing blue :/ Why is that?

By the way, the lot itself is simply amazing, the interior are so well thought through, I was thinking about the story I could play there while going through the rooms. You've done an outstanding job with this spooky manor, thank you!
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 6:26 PM
It was flashing blue for me too. Maybe the beach grass terrain didn't package with the lot? I'll have to check it out later to see if that solves the problem.

@therebel If you decide you want the lot after all and are going to redecorate the basement just use moveobjects on to hang things on the walls.
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:15 PM
What a fantastic creepy lot, loving the crpt the most! Wonderful job!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 10:29 PM
This is awesome! Great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 12:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments, I really appreciate it. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by Taure
It's lovely; I can't ever download things like these however, with the gazillion EP's needed

Sorry about that, but I do have some base game lots here and on my simpage. It's bad, because no matter which EP's I use, there will be someone who doesn't have them.

therebel292004,
Yes, I made a lot of walls especially for this lot. If you use Clean Installer you can dl without the extras. Thanks for the suggestion on the basement walls, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Amairani,
Opps, it is a 6x5. Thanks! I guess I hit the wrong size. I'll see if I can edit that. I'm glad you could place it.
I am looking into the flashing blue terrain, I don't understand why it is happening.

Honeywell, thank you! Please let us know about the terrain paint, maybe that is the answer.

My simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:03 AM
Wow!!! This is really excellent!
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 11:46 AM
I love this lot also but it is flashing blue for me too. Hope you figure out why. I'd love to use this lot.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:09 PM
It's happening to me, too. I have all EPs and stuff packs. I know flashing blue terrain occurs when you download a lot and the custom terrain paint isn't included, but I don't know why it's happening here since it's clearly in the package. Maybe repacking the lot and uploading it would fix it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 5:11 PM
Oh that looks awesome! Wish I could download it (lacking the Ikea stuff pack since my University Life dvd broke :'(). Great job.
Scholar
#18 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pugluvr7105
Oh that looks awesome! Wish I could download it (lacking the Ikea stuff pack since my University Life dvd broke :'(). Great job.

From what I know, you can install and play the lot if you miss a Stuff Pack. Just use Clean Installer to install the lot and it should be fine. I've done it before and had no issues with playing the lots while missing some Stuff Packs. The content from that missing SP won't be shown in game, that's all.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
From what I know, you can install and play the lot if you miss a Stuff Pack. Just use Clean Installer to install the lot and it should be fine. I've done it before and had no issues with playing the lots while missing some Stuff Packs. The content from that missing SP won't be shown in game, that's all.

I hope you're right, Amairani, because I'm missing 5 of the Stuff Packs needed.

Great job on this, by the way! :lovestruc And I have the dumbest of dumb questions to ask: is all of the CC included?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 11:27 PM Last edited by simgrl1934 : 13th Oct 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Hey everyone,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back, RL really gets in the way of simming, lol.

I am going to upload a small lot to my simpage with the terrainpaints I used on the lot. If someone who is having problems with the flashing blue terrains could dl it and see if that solves the issue I will see if I can upload it here.

OK here it is:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...asset_id=836691

The only other way I read to fix it would be to cover the terrain with maxis terrainpaint then delete it using the control key.

Thanks for your patience!

Jengem,
Yes, all of the cc listed is included.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 2:22 AM
What a beautiful job on a spooky house! You really captured the atmosphere of an old haunted house.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:48 AM
I found this regarding terrain paints while I was browsing around the Starship Enterprise lot and I remembered the manor. The threads seem to offer several solutions, maybe something will work here? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142042

If all else fails, I wouldn't mind trying to do the painting myself if I could get a guide where to put the different paints :3 the manor is awesome enough to be worth it.
Theorist
#23 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 2:25 PM
I downloaded the terrains from the exchange but all of those terrains did package with your lot so that didn't solve the problem. I also tried to repaint the lot and then remove it with the Ctrl key but that didn't work either--maybe there's terrain paint in the ponds that isn't being removed and that's why that method isn't working? It's hard to tell when everything is blue.

From the link missioninitialized posted (thank you!) it sounds like the only other option is to download every terrain you had installed in your game when you built the lot ourselves--whether you used them or not.

"The another problem is that Maxis messed the terrain paint function up by making all custom terrain paints [which happen to be present in the game when the terrain paint is applied to a lot] be essential for the lot to show up properly. Those irrelevant custom terrain paints will become necessary for the proper presentation of the lots...!"

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=116045
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simgrl1934
Jengem,
Yes, all of the cc listed is included.

Thankies xx :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 12:14 AM Last edited by simgrl1934 : 15th Oct 2010 at 1:22 AM.
Thanks everyone!
Honeywell,
Thanks,yes, that was my next idea, to upload all of my custom terrainpaint. Be forewarned, though, I have about 40. Yikes! *edit* I have 120! OMG, I had no idea! :

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...asset_id=836702

I also thought that maybe I could upload the ones that I think that I may have tried out while building, then hit the undo button when I decided against it. Here are around 22 of those:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...asset_id=836684

This makes me not to want to ever use a custom terrainpaint again! Urrgh!

My simblr
Page 1 of 2