Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ancient Navigation Major

by billielith Posted 16th Jun 2010 at 12:35 PM - Updated 7th Apr 2023 at 1:29 AM by billielith

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:42 PM
I'm delighted to have another option on my small list of medieval compatible majors - thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:36 PM Last edited by billielith : 25th Mar 2012 at 4:20 AM.
Hey, glad you like
I use it all the time just because it gives a purpose to building Mechanical skills early, lol.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 7:14 PM
Epic win if you are heading for Oceanography Career.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:36 PM
Billie, this is a great major - but just one thing - could you please correct the spelling for "negotiation"?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 9:49 PM Last edited by billielith : 6th Aug 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
Epic win if you are heading for Oceanography Career.

Awesome! :D
It's going to be an epic win with a few forthcoming new goodies too! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Billie, this is a great major - but just one thing - could you please correct the spelling for "negotiation"?

Sure, it's done. Thanks for telling me

Theorist
#7 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
Sure, it's done. Thanks for telling me
Thanks Billie, got it!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:00 PM
If you ever see anything else, feel free to tell. I got a few careers coming that will go with this.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 3:38 AM
Nice major with good levels.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 4:48 AM
Thank you porkypine! Glad if it's useful to you.

Wow (looking at my previous comment up there) the "few careers coming" only took a little year and a half to get done, lol.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:13 PM
Does this major tie into your Navigation careers or any of the Maxis careers (as in giving you a leg up)?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th May 2014 at 5:52 PM Last edited by billielith : 13th May 2014 at 6:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does this major tie into your Navigation careers or any of the Maxis careers (as in giving you a leg up)?

Oh, very much so.

The major is difficult because of its skills requirements, but if a sim goes through it, he'll literally breeze through most careers. I use it a lot in my game for that reason alone. The skills demanded (Mechanical, Charisma, Body and Creativity) are directly related to my Navigation careers, but of course sims going for some Maxis careers such as Military, Criminal or Adventurer, to mention only a few, can take advantage of them as well.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:38 AM
I meant does it give you the start at higher than level 1 in the career after going through University, but I've since read something that says it's impossible to tie a custom major and custom career like that, so never mind.

Thanks. I just downloaded the career, so this should be fun to tie in with it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th May 2014 at 6:54 AM Last edited by billielith : 15th May 2014 at 7:04 AM.
If your sim has high skills and some friends then I believe he could start at higher levels. The skills you gain with this major gives you an advantage for sure.

As for tying a custom major with custom careers, it would be difficult because there's 3 careers, and only 1 major. I'd need to make 3 parallel versions of the same major - I prefer to let people choose what they want the career of their sim to be. Plus like you said, I also read somewhere it was impossible to tie a custom major to a custom career.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:08 PM
Cool, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Cool, thanks.

You're very welcome