Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beret - child to elder, wear with several hairstyles and glasses - UPDATED 6/1/10

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 15th May 2010 at 1:47 AM - Updated 9th Jan 2012 at 9:12 AM by CatOfEvilGenius : update kids mesh

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:33 AM
I've got to try this, it's so cute!
Scholar
#3 Old 15th May 2010 at 7:32 AM
this is great! perfect for my old French quarters where a bit old fashioned women live!!!
thank you!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:37 AM
This will be great for a couple of my child sims. I've been wanting a beret for them for a while. ^_^
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:58 AM
Adorable! I love berets, they go with everything.
Instructor
#6 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:03 PM
I love this! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th May 2010 at 4:22 PM
woop wooop!
thanks a lot! they look adorable and so much better than especially the ea games hats (they look like they are covering a baloon instead of a sim head )
a-dorable!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th May 2010 at 7:38 PM
So adorable! A must-have!
(also: om nom nom )
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2010 at 7:50 PM
Wow, they look fabulous! And I love the fact that they are multi-wearable with different hairs and accessories. Thanks for these.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:47 PM
Very, very cute! Don't be surprised if these show up in some of my pictures in the future!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th May 2010 at 12:47 AM
Nice work on these! Will definitely be snagging once I finish sorting through my mountains of CC...

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th May 2010 at 4:48 AM
They turned out great, Cat! I especially love the ones with the feathers. Jaunty indeed.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th May 2010 at 10:32 PM
That was such a great idea to make them available as BV jewelry! My accessory folder is choked almost to death.
And I love the feathered ones. How stylish is that.
Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:23 PM
Loving the feathered ones!

Necromancy is Good
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:12 PM
These berets show up very shiny in my game. Here's a picture (animated, because it's easier to see the shine):

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:49 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 1st Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM.
fakepeeps7 Thanks for the report, I'll see if I can fix that. Probably something to do with the TXMT... stay tuned...

--------------------------------------

update:
fakepeeps7 Can you please alter just the purple hat in your game, let me know if it looks fine for you? If so, I'll change the rest and reupload. Turns out I may have inadvertantly used the wrong specular settings. Try these, especially that 2nd one. They're in the TXMT, and you can just change the two TXMT for the kid (cf).

stdMatSpecCoef 252,252,252 (or in the other tab, 0.99,0.99,0.99)
stdMatSpecPower 2

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:22 AM
The settings that make the hats look like your pictures:

stdMatSpecCoef 0,0,0
stdMatSpecPower 2

Much better, eh?

(The settings you suggested were way too high. They were so shiny, they were blindingly white!)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
fakepeeps7 Thanks for checking that. You've set the specular color to nothing which is clever since it makes the shiny bits add nothing to the overall color. Seems spec power 2 is wrong, probably makes the shiny highlight so diffuse it's all over that hat. I should have just this this up in pixelhate's awesome TXMT reference.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! Don't want shiny hats!

I'll update all hats, accessory and BV jewelry, with the settings you gave.
I'll post here when this is done...

Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
You've set the specular color to nothing which is clever since it makes the shiny bits add nothing to the overall color. Seems spec power 2 is wrong, probably makes the shiny highlight so diffuse it's all over that hat.

Nothing clever about it. I just guessed.

spec power 2 is what I used. It was the spec coef number that I played around with the most. I don't really know what those numbers do... so stumbling across working settings was a bit of a fluke!

(I'm still confused as to why they showed up fine for you, and that you could take pictures of them without any shine...)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:22 AM
My graphics settings or card is probably not doing specular highlights, so borked specular highlights just don't show up for me. I believe specular power controls how "sharp" or "concentrated" the specular highlight is. A high value makes the shiny part smaller, a low value makes it bigger. So power 2 and color 252,252,252 (white) would give a huge white highlight, like what you saw earlier.

Writing a program that will modify all my recolors quickly so I don't spend hours doing it by hand. Should be all fixed later today, will let you know...

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:57 AM
UPDATE 6/1/2010 - fixed "shine" problem

If these hats were too shiny on your machine, please redownload.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

I cannot see the bad shine no matter what my graphics settings, so missed my bungle the first time around. Thank you fakepeeps7 for finding this issue.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 5:53 PM
I keep seeing these berets on Fakepeeps7's wonderful creations. I've tried to be strong, and refrain from downloading, but I've just got to have these. They look so useful-- fashionable and pretty, and the Maxis hats are just awful. And there's enough variety, so that lots of sims in a neighborhood can wear these without it looking repetitive.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:55 PM
I don't have BV, but because jewelry was enabled through Freetime, I assumed I'd be able to use the jewelry version. These don't show up in the misc. jewelry catalog, and I would prefer to have berets available as outerwear, not everyday. I'm really hoping these can work, instead of getting the accessory version. Otherwise, is there a way to make an accessory version that is only outerwear?
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:45 PM
marie2sims I have BV, and they show up for me, under Misc, with brow rings or nose rings, or some such. Let me try it with an AnyGame with Freetime and no BV and get back to you...

If we can't get jewelry to work for you, you can recategorize the accessories with JFade's Wardrobe Wrangler.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 11:48 PM
Thanks for checking on this for me. If it doesn't work, I will fiddle with the WW to recategorize them. I really appreciate you taking time to check this for me. THanks
Page 1 of 2