Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
@tairourou - You can randomize the LTWs by going into the trait selection window and going out again. With the trait build I gave above, she has 2-3 that stay the same, and the rest are random. I just randomized them until she rolled one I could do(renneisance(sp?) sim). It would be a bit difficult for her to write novels, because a computer isn't allowed on the lot(I hate my sims becoming loser couch/desk potatos, so I like to make houses without computers or tvs).

Hi! I couldn't help but ask you, wether you're allowed to hire maid/butler to help? Truthfully I suck at keeping those brats alive let alone happy, so I called in a maid already... Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:43 AM
I've always wanted to try this challenge, it seems fun!

I hope you don't mind me sharing some pictures of my sims!
(Hehe, I enjoyed naming them after moons! I'm going to keep the tradition with all the children.
I did give a bit of backstory for them, but not much.
Luna: Previous Athletic Superstar
Phobos: University Graduate (All degrees aside from Communications!)
Deimos: Previous 5-Star Chef
Nix: Previous Bartender & Frequenter

The Sisters :D

Luna Milhk, Earth Elemental. She's the eldest of the four sisters and a friggin health nut. She decided to retire from her Athletic career and help take care of her sisters and all the kids. She knows almost every & anything about Athletics, Gardening, Fishing, or any outdoor activity. She hopes that at least one of the children will share her passion for health.

Phobos Milhk, Air Elemental. She's the Elder twin of Deimos, she's an introvert and dislikes any and all physical contact. But, she has a passion for teaching and education, so she'll try and take care of the children to the best of her abilities.

Deimos Milhk, Water Elemental. She's the Younger twin of Phobos, she's incredibly nurturing and adores children! She tries her best to help take care of the little ones, and prepare them for life. She hopes that she can help the kids be able to successfully take care of a house!

Nix Milhk, Fire Elemental. She's the youngest of the sisters, and the only one who can 'get freaky'. She has an incredibly high libido and is incredibly charismatic. She despises children, so she lets her sisters take care of them until teen-hood.

My theory is that the Milhk family was cursed, so only the youngest (Male or Female) would have a sexual drive or be able to reproduce! But the witch who cursed it messed up, so the youngest will always be incredibly fertile..
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:08 AM
@LoveYourself: It sounds like there could be an interesting history behind your sisters and their legacy.
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:03 PM
I have been playing this game rather obsessively. I think I'm on the third or fourth Ambrosia cycle. Apollonia has produced nine children, and they have produced five grandchildren and even one great-grandchild. Here are some pictures and details of the children. As you might guess, it's difficult to get this information for those who have moved out. Although daughter Ariadne and her family moved to the closest neighboring house (Eterne House is sort of on the outskirts of town), and actually drops in for visits rather often.

Those familiar with Moonlight Falls may recognize some of the fathers of the older children. Not really sure when the fathers became in-game born characters, but prominent family names survive.

Adonis
Father: Chauncey Crumplebottom
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Taurus, Ascendant in Pisces
Artistic, Easily Impressed, Family-Oriented, Friendly, Neurotic

Andromeda (her picture proves that Sims blink for photos too)
Father: David Pok
Sun in Gemini, Moon in Scorpio, Ascendant in Sagittarius
Ambitious, Good, Loves the Outdoors, Over-Emotional, Virtuoso

Cassiopeia
Father: Pip Goodfellow (Fairy)
Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Pisces, Ascendant in Leo
Artistic, Charismatic, Dramatic, Easily Impressed, Excitable

Daphne
Father: Bryce MacDuff
Sun in Pisces, Moon in Sagittarius, Ascendant in Leo
Ambitious, Angler, Animal Lover, Brave, Good

Ariadne
Father: Frank Renaldo (Werewolf)
Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Leo, Ascendant in Virgo
Ambitious, Disciplined, Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Neat

Atalanta
Father: Hugh Kidding
Sun in Cancer, Moon in Capricorn, Ascendant in Leo
Ambitious, Athletic, Family-Oriented, Loves the Outdoors, Natural Cook

Cepheus
Father: Paulo Ivy-Swain
Sun in Leo, Moon in Taurus, Ascendant in Taurus
Couch Potato, Friendly, Gatherer, Heavy Sleeper, Insane

Thalia (Fairy)
Father: Casey Rodgers-MacDuff (Fairy)
Sun in Pisces, Moon in Gemini, Ascendant in Virgo
Bookworm, Disciplined, Neat, Virtuoso

Perseus
Father: Alfred Hoppcraft (Fairy)
Sun in Virgo, Moon in Gemini, Ascendant in Aquarius
Easily Impressed, Good

All of the above first-generation children are still alive in the game, although Adonis and Andromeda are now elders.

I knew that the immortal status of the Sisters would do weird things to the generations. I hadn't quite realized that the long-lived Fairies and Vampires would too. After Pip Goodfellow, a Fairy, sired Cassiopeia, he went on to spend some time married to Andromeda (although they had no children). And then after Daphne had two daughters, Pip married one of them and produced Apollonia's first great-grandchild. After Paulo Ivy-Swain fathered Cepheus, he married Ariadne and they now have a child.
Test Subject
#205 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 1:30 AM
What happens when one of the sisters grows into an adult?
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hilgersonl
What happens when one of the sisters grows into an adult?

I believe one of the challenge conditions is that you use ambrosia to make sure that none of the Sisters does age up to adult. That by strict rules, the challenge has failed if one does.
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 5:46 PM
I'm trying to be better about remembering to capture CAS photos of the Sims for these portrait shots.

Thalia, a Fairy, has grown into a young adult.
Father: Casey Rodgers-MacDuff (Fairy)
Sun in Pisces, Moon in Gemini, Ascendant in Virgo
Bookworm, Disciplined, Neat, Virtuoso, Charismatic

Perseus is now a teen
Father: Alfred Hoppcraft (Fairy)
Sun in Virgo, Moon in Gemini, Ascendant in Aquarius
Easily Impressed, Good, Friendly, Bookworm

Atlas (Witchblood)
Father: Lane Swain-Crumplebottom (Witchblood)
Sun in Taurus, Moon in Aries, Ascendant in Libra
Athletic, Disciplined, Perfectionist

Another boy, Dionysus, has been born, but he is still only an infant.

All told, Apollonia has close to twenty descendants now. The four oldest kids at least are all elders, and I think Adonis (first child) may be dead now.

Also been seeing wacky convoluted family relationships, especially involving longer-lived people in the town. For example:

1) One of Apollonia's chosen mates was Pip Goodfellow, a Fairy. They had daughter Cassiopeia.
2) Later, Pip had a relationship with Cassiopeia's older half-sister Andromeda.
3) Later still, Pip married Felicia. Felicia is the granddaughter of Apollonia, through yet another of her children. Pip and Felicia had son Nathaniel (and maybe another child by now).

It was very difficult to draw out this part of the family tree and I'm still not happy with it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#208 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:24 AM
I mixed this challenge with "Dilute the Ugly Gene Challenge"

Fire sister is the ugly one (Since she's the "breeder")

It came was an extremely fun challenge, and I couldn't help but laugh when I realized the Fire and Water sims had the worst relationship (In my world)
Test Subject
#209 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 4:47 AM
Once I get my sims game up and running on my new computer I'm going to do this, but with a modified rule set, just to try and make it a bit easier for me to remember to do certain things. I'll post my modified rules once I finish writing them up if anyone else is interested in learning how I'm doing this challenge. I'll also post pictures if I remember to!
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:38 AM
Is it possible for me to use the Young Again potion? It serves the same purpose...if so I'll be doing this challenge aswell ;D
Test Subject
#211 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveViolet
Is it possible for me to use the Young Again potion? It serves the same purpose...if so I'll be doing this challenge aswell ;D

I don't see why not - it's still a challenge to raise all of those lifetime happiness points... although you should definitely have your chef extraordinaire sister know how to cook Ambrosia.
Page 9 of 9