Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 12:56 PM Last edited by XionValentine : 17th Jan 2005 at 1:34 PM.
I was using Mtbeers SWAT Team outfit originaly.... I figured out why it wasn't working... it was because I wasn't clicking the commit button because it wasn't there, so I lowered my screen res to 1024 and it was there, and this time it worked... THANK YOU:D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 5:53 PM
Rockin'! I finally got my super chef! *goes to submit it*
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 6:17 PM
One thing to add (Might be worth editting to add it, because it this post might not be seen)

The LIFOs are in Sims08 - Sims12 (maybe 13, I can't remember) depending on where roughly it'll appear, The name you need to look for is the same if the outfit varies male/female - The base outfit will be something like ambody[whatever], or afbody[whatever] because the mesh differs between genders. However, the textures of many are the same for each gender, and as a result you should look under uubody[whatever]. I'm guessing the u stands for something like universal.

Great tutorial tho...
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 12:12 AM
Excellent work.

I've been trying to work out how to this for a while.

Cheers

Mike

I am not a number, I am a free man
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 12:48 AM
Have you figured out how to unlock the heads and hairstyles yet? I'm after the maid Teira thingy
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 5:13 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I HATE IT WHEN SOMEONE BEATS ME AND THEN THERE IS SOMEONE ALREADY BEATEN ME LONG TIME AGO AND I DIDN'T KNOW :'( why!!! I want to be the first to do something and i'll go crazy if I cant!!!

BTW nice work :D
Space Pony
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 6:36 PM
LOL - I just figured it out on Friday & I know - there were lots of people trying to get this to work. I'm just happy that it is now available. There's still more to be done, though. I'd like to figure out how to incorporate the bump files & how to substitute the default wedding dress & maternity clothes.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#33 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 7:07 PM
Morague,

I'll have a look at the bump map issue. I haven't had a hard time adding them to files that didn't previously have them, so this I expect would be the same. At least... I hope :D

RG
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 11:35 PM
I'm having trouble doing this operation with two particular sets of clothing; when I reinput the resourcenode and shape data into a base package, the file then somehow is able to recall one of the original LIFO textures for the object and recall it without it being imported, but the result is an outfit that I cannot recolour or alter the texture of in any way and that seems to treat the already-present texture file in the image as a second layer.

I am referring of course to the "Super chef" work uniform, which was the first one I attempted to extract; I submitted it, then found out that it was uneditable. The outfit itself appears to have a reflectivity, though none is inputted into the package's material properties; might this have something to do with the problem I'm running in to?

Just for thrills, I'll list the reference numbers for this outfit.

afBodySuperChef_cres (resource node)

instance: 0xFFBCA264
Subtype: 0x22B63DCC

afbodysuperchef_untagged0_shpe (shape)

instance: 0xFFE139CD
subtype: 0x7C8EE3C4

amBodySuperChef_cres (resource node)

instance: 0xFFE71A0B
Subtype: 0x6C46E7EF

ambodysuperchef_untagged0_shpe (shape)

instance: 0xFFBE4421
subtype: 0x42FD3B7C

Could anyone else try monkeying with these numbers? I'm stumped as to why (a)it's not working, and (b)the results I'm getting are so inexplicable.
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 11:38 PM Last edited by XionValentine : 19th Jan 2005 at 12:26 AM.
I think I downloaded your SuperChef, and yea, I found it kinda annoying that I was unable to edit the texture, I'll have ago myself in a few moments

I think I've done it sucessfully... I'm just beta testing it right now

Yup, it's working fine, editable and everything, I'm uploading it to the exchange now
Space Pony
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 12:36 AM
RGiles - that would be GREAT!! **fingers crossed**

Thanks
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 12:45 AM
if anyone is intrested in the SuperChef China Purple Editable outfit, search for "Unlocked!" and it should be by someone called "TheXeroDeath" That's me
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 12:58 AM Last edited by mcmikey : 19th Jan 2005 at 6:42 PM. Reason: Fixed it.
Here's a different approach to the issue,
It does incorporate bump files into an extraction project, but uses TXTRs instead of LIFOs
Also, the original MtBeer skins aren't required.

The notes were made while extracting the Male 'Blue Swat' uniform.

1) Start BodyShop & create a new clothing project using an existing full body skin (of the right sex and age) that already has a bump layer. Give it a sensible name, i.e. 'AM_BlueSwat', and export. Immediately import it back in, then close BodyShop.

2) Find your project in your 'SavedSims' folder (it should be the one with the latest time stamp), and note it's name. Mine was 7f07e54f_AM_BlueSwat.package. Move it this to a work directory.
Make a note of the 8 digits at the front of the name - we will call this the 'ProjectId'

3) Start SimPE, open Sims02, and find the MATD file (ambodyswat_blue_txmt).
Look at it in the plugin view / File List tab. Note the two names - these are the names of the required TXTR files.
Extract the MATD file to your work directory.

4) Open Sims07, find and extract the texture TXTR (uubodyswat-blue_txtr) file to the work directory. Save it with a sensible name like 'texture.simpe'

5) Still in Sims07, find and extract the bump TXTR (uubodyswat-all-bump_txtr) file to the work directory. Save it with a sensible name like 'bump.simpe'

6) Open Sims05, find the correct SHPE file (ambodyswat_untagged0_shpe), and note down its Subtype and Instance numbers.

7) Open Sims06, find the correct CRES file (ambodyswat_cres),and note down its Subtype and Instance numbers.

8) Open the package you created in step 1

9) In the 'Packed file' window, select the TXTR file that contains the texture image (check with the 'plugin view).
Right click on it, and select 'Replace'. Choose your extracted 'texture.simpe' as the replacement file, and commit.
In the plugin view, change the filename to ##0x********!body~stdMatBaseTextureName_txtr, but use your 'ProjectId' from step 2 instead of the ********
Click commit and save the file

10) In the 'Packed file' window, select the TXTR file that contains the bump image (check with the 'plugin view).
Right click on it, and select 'Replace'. Choose your extracted 'bump.simpe' as the replacement file, and commit.
In the plugin view, change the filename to ##0x********!body~stdMatNormalMapTextureName_txtr, but use your 'ProjectId' from step 2 instead of the ********
Click commit and save the file

11) In the 'Packed file' window, select the MATD file. Right click on it, and select 'Replace'. Choose your extracted MATD as the replacement file, and commit.
In the plugin view, change the filename to ##0x********!body_txmt (remember to replace the ******** with your ProjectId.
Change the description to ##0x********!body (Do I still need to keep reminding you about the '********'s?)
In the Properties tab click on 'stdMatBaseTextureName', and change the value to the file name you used in step 9, but WITHOUT '_txtr' on the end. Commit the change.
click on 'stdMatNormalMapTextureName', and change the value to the file name you used in step 10, but WITHOUT '_txtr' on the end. Commit the change.
Save the file.

12) In the 'Packed file' window, select the 3DIR file.
In the plugin view, select 'Shape' Change the SubType and Instance numbers to those you got from step 6. Commit the changes
Select 'Resource Node' Change the SubType and Instance numbers to those you got from step 7. Commit the changes.

13) Save the file and quit SimPE 14) Move the package file back to your 'Downloads' or 'SavedSims' folder.
It should now be available for use.

As a bonus feature, I've also added a file to this post. It's an excell spreadsheet with all the id's and filenames for the SHPE, CRES, TXTR, LIFO, MATD files from the SimsXX packages.

Comments appreciated!

Cheers

Mike
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SimsShape.zip (812.8 KB, 278 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 1:30 AM
whoa... thanks ^_^
Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 2:05 AM Last edited by yangn : 19th Jan 2005 at 2:24 AM.
..no dice. Maybe there's something wrong with my computer, but I wasn't able to edit the Superchef you uploaded either. What a pain. :weep: Maybe I should try that different approach.....
Instructor
#41 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 6:43 AM
Mikey, I lost you at step 4! lol Here are the files in the texture folder:
7EF28966-1C0532FA-FF67E444.6tx and the second has the xml extension. I dont' think that I did it right....because I have a freshly rebooted computer, its a 3GZ processor with a GIG of ram. When I click "import" you said "replace" but I get no "replace" option??? I'm just LOST. Anyway when I click "import" and double click the 7EF28966-1C0532FA-FF67E444.6tx file I get "error, out of memory" message. So I'm doing something WRONG! I just want ONE outfit, the efnannie and this is a LOT to go through to get it! hehehe Help please!
Instructor
#42 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 7:24 AM
Well, I started out with the black EF dress. After doing everything Mikey said, I ended up with a pants set! lol Trying to get the lovely nannie skirt outfit....lol I don't know what I did! If someone reading this can do it, please please make it! I thank you from the bottom of my pea-pickin lil heart! hehe
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 11:03 AM Last edited by XionValentine : 19th Jan 2005 at 2:08 PM.
That's strange Yangn... it works for me to edit it...

wait, I just tried again, and it's not working at all :S
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 6:53 PM
Hello folks, I've just corrected a couple of mistakes I made when writing up the process.

In Step 11, don't use the full names that the txtr files were saved with, remove '_txtr' from the name. This may resolve your problems

I've also added a comment in step 3 about how to find the correct txtrs for your project.

sissimoody: Are you using the latest SimPE?

Cheers

Mike.

Instructor
#45 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 9:18 PM
Mike, I'm using SimPE version 14 E. I just didn't understand step 4 at all. lol I saved the png file because I kept getting that out of memory error, and I have a gig of ram so I know that isn't right. hehe
Space Pony
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Morague : 19th Jan 2005 at 11:59 PM.
Uggg - I have the wedding dress with the bump map, but I can't re-export it to make new outfits :/ BodyShop tells me there was a problem exporting the project.

I'll start over & see what happens.

Yes I don't know what happened the first time, but I am able to edit it this time. This is great - we now have bump maps! Thanks, Mike.
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 11:51 PM Last edited by mcmikey : 19th Jan 2005 at 11:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sissimoody
Mike, I'm using SimPE version 14 E. I just didn't understand step 4 at all. lol I saved the png file because I kept getting that out of memory error, and I have a gig of ram so I know that isn't right. hehe

Ahh,

You should extract the complete TXTR file, not export the picture.
Right click on the file in the 'Packed Files' window, and select 'Extract'.

It's exactly the same process that you do in steps 3 and 5!

Also, you do the 'replace' with the complete file aswell.

HTH

Mike

P.S. Morague,
It looks like I've hijacked your thread
Apologies for that.
In restropect, I should have started a new one.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 8:32 PM
Say, McMikey.... seeing as you seem a lot more competent than I am regarding this stuff, could you offer any advice regarding the trouble we've been having exporting the "super chef" outfit?
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yangn
Say, McMikey.... seeing as you seem a lot more competent than I am regarding this stuff, could you offer any advice regarding the trouble we've been having exporting the "super chef" outfit?

I'll give it a go and see what I can come up with, but as the clocks just ticked past midnight, it won't be till tommorow.

Cheers

Mike

Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 10:38 AM
I just wanted to enthusiastically thank mcmikey and Morague for their instructions on how to unlock clothing. While I wasn't able to get Morague's method to work for me in this instance, I still appreciate your work.

Several clothes skinning projects I had been unable to construct as I wanted I now can with unlocking the male lower body mesh that your tutorials allowed. Thank so very much!

~N
Page 2 of 9