Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 4:40 AM
"Baking"?
Cookies?
For me?

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 8:58 AM
Haha, Bit keen for cookies there Wes Also to the person whom inquired about images, yes they will happen, like i said, when tools are more stable, so i don't have to update pictures weekly.

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 10:23 AM
Hey,

Wes, i have one question. Do you want to make a mcfg-plugin for maya? I know its not very easy but some people would be happy about that.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 1:41 PM
Not to sound redundant but my earlier post was not answered. How do you get an alpha to work? I'm not used to the DDS picture format. Do you do them like PNGs (in separate layers) for the alphas to work, or is it different?
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 4:04 PM
does anyone know how to import 3dsmax files into milkshape as i had created a load of stuff in 3dsmax when i spent a week with my sister?

thanks in advance

amy
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM
@amyfirbank: you can export it per *.obj
Inventor
#57 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 7:11 PM
And I will be doing stuff soon - I hope. Been really hectic for me irl, but I am keen because I'd done some nice meshes for sims 2 that never got released. And I'd like to release them for 3.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 10:16 PM
MilkShape Object plugins can not save the mesh was not msS3Objexp.dll file. Where do I need to save the file msS3Objexp.dll? I'm sorry, but as [email protected] Would you like to send?
This is Korea.
Please.
Eminence Grise
#59 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corsetcrush
Not to sound redundant but my earlier post was not answered. How do you get an alpha to work? I'm not used to the DDS picture format. Do you do them like PNGs (in separate layers) for the alphas to work, or is it different?

What image editing app are you using?

The alpha in a .dds file is manipulated just like the alpha in any other graphics file format that supports alphas... in Photoshop, you'll see it on the channels list.

The one thing you have to know is that you have to save a DDS with DXT5 or better compression for the alpha to be included.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 4:23 AM
Hmmm... I may give this a try. I want to make helmets for my Sims so I can have my own version of Daft Punk ^^

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 8:16 AM Last edited by bAdoing : 24th Aug 2009 at 8:29 AM.
Default Can't open .mcfg
Ehm... Hello.
I tried to manage creating meshes, but now I can't get on at step 4. MilkShape doesn't want to let me open those *.mcfg-Files. There's only *.ms3d to choose from.

Help please?

E: Could the reason be that I haven't got a license?
Forum Resident
#62 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bAdoing
Ehm... Hello.
I tried to manage creating meshes, but now I can't get on at step 4. MilkShape doesn't want to let me open those *.mcfg-Files. There's only *.ms3d to choose from.

You need to "import", not "open". And have the proper DLL's in Milkshape's folder.
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemoncandy
You need to "import", not "open". And have the proper DLL's in Milkshape's folder.

If you mean the two files which were with the ObjectTool. I already put them in.
And when I click on Import/Sims 3 Object Import following message appears.

This copy is not registered! If you want to use MilkShape 3D, you should buy a registration code at http://www.milkshape3d.com

But I thought this was a free trial.
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 5:45 PM
How long you have you free trial? The free trial goes 30 days, then you must buy it.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 5:02 AM Last edited by RiBlan : 26th Aug 2009 at 5:16 AM. Reason: Making it less rude, lol.
Okay. I need help, I can't find the modld application.
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:30 AM
You dont need it, the only thing you need is the Sims 3 ObjTool, open it click on Decombine and klick the file. And than look in the Direction you have the File. It must show you many file.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:43 AM
Oh, ok, thanks.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
...Step 4: Milkshape bit

Ok now open milkshape and select “file>import” and scroll down to “Sims 3 Object Import by Wesley Howe”, locate your .mcfg file that you want to edit and then select “open”, now make sure that the main mesh you make is labelled “group00” in the groups tab, in every file. Now do your meshing stuff until you are finished up (you also need to map your object before exporting it back to an mcfg).

Once you are done, and your object is mapped, click “file>export” and select “Sims 3 Object Export by Wesley Howe”, when you go to save it make sure you use the SAME FILE NAME! I cannot stress that enough, it must be the same file name as the .mcfg that you imported. Once that is done you can close Milkshape and move on.

By "map" I'm assuming you mean separate everything? I.E. Legs/Seat?
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 8:04 AM
It works beautifully.thank you very much for detailed tutorial!
now i have to figure out what exactly MLOD and MODL files stand for...
Test Subject
#70 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:08 AM
I was modifying (sp?) a painting, I wanted a bigger one, it worked well, but just when you see it near, from far view it changes its size to the one of the object I cloned it from... I am missing something? or that's something I can't do anything about?
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 12:54 PM
Thanks!but I can not download the third one----object tool by mesh!
Test Subject
#72 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:20 PM
hi. where is the modld application. i cant find it anywhere, even when i have downloaded wesH's toold over and over, and extratng them over and over. do you have to extract a certain file? i am really confused at the mo.
Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:39 PM
hey snrubsy,
i have post in #66 the solution for you problem. The Tutorial is write from a early version of wesH Tool.
Test Subject
#74 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 6:50 PM
thank you SO much, i am too stupid and lazy to read the whole forum apart from the first page! lol
Test Subject
#75 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:22 AM
i realy can't find the sims3 object inport by Wesley Howe in milkshape, so i cant import my mcfg files and whatever i need to do with them after they r in milkshape. can you use a different option in the import list?
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Outdated ... Please see wiki for more up-to-date tutorial
Page 3 of 8