Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

St Mary the city church - a great place for weddings and funerals

by Xrizzy Posted 24th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM - Updated 27th Jun 2009 at 3:11 PM by Xrizzy : Share your screenshots

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
I think this is very well done. The first church I've seen! It'll look great in Riverview for sure!

Thanks for creativity and effort put into this!
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
Nice! This will come in handy for my Sims' weddings. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:59 AM
Very Nice! Great Job on it! I'll put this in my towns for sure.

Check out my Gaming Site!
http://www.petreak.com/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:07 AM
Thank you -- love being able to light a candle.
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:28 AM
I love making churches but you did such a great job I think I'll just use yours! Thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM
Yeah i agree with these people. It looks just beautiful and heart-shaped pond is a cherry on top of a cake. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM
Awesome post, we really needed something like this around. I'll definitely celebrate my weddings here.

+thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:48 AM
I have been looking for a church for the longest. Great work!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:32 AM
This is brilliant! I just love all of your creativity in this item. (Especially the heart shape pond.) =D It really adds a nice touch.

Thank you for generating such a lovely creation. I look forward to seeing more of your work. ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:45 PM
Hello.

I just submitted a church yesterday but it's not out yet

I love the creativity in this, nice work! The bell, oh why didn't I think of that?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:06 PM
Hello Im having trouble placing the lot. Everytime I try it says lot is too big or can not place at that location. Any suggestions?
Scholar
#13 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:12 PM
Lovely work....sure could use it, also. I'm hoping that EA brings back the wedding arch from TS2.....community weddings are fun to have. Thank you for sharing your beautiful church!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
Such a great idea, specially with the possibility of throwing parties on community lots! And funerals...! This rocks '=)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Gabriel : 25th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by FzzyDg8
Lovely work....sure could use it, also. I'm hoping that EA brings back the wedding arch from TS2.....community weddings are fun to have. Thank you for sharing your beautiful church!!

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't do that. Perhaps they researched weddings more and the current wedding options more neutral. An altar usually is meant for Christian wedding rituals (and Jewish)... uh actually I think I need to do some research of my own... but feel free to educate me (so I can further limit my ignorance).

Sold my Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM Last edited by Xrizzy : 24th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM.
Thank you all for your thanks. That makes sharing even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin997
love being able to light a candle.

Me too. I was so delighted when I realized it could be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncandy
I just submitted a church yesterday but it's not out yet

I'm looking forward to have a look at your church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FzzyDg8
I'm hoping that EA brings back the wedding arch from TS2

Me too. And I do hope they bring back the possibility to bath babies. I used that in "The Sims 2" to have a working baptistery. I really miss that.

Is there a thread here where we can post what we want EA to implement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Yeah, I wonder why they (EA) didn't do that. Perhaps they researched weddings more and the currents wedding options more neutral. An altar usually is meant for Cristian wedding rituals (and Jewish)... uh actually I think I need to do some research of my own... but feel free to educate me (so I can further limit my ignorance).

I guess EA probably wanted to keep it neutral, because not everybody is christian. And that is alright with me. One of the things I like best about "The Sims" is that we can build whatever we want, if we want to have it in our game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREANAN
Im having trouble placing the lot. Everytime I try it says lot is too big or can not place at that location. Any suggestions?

Did you place it at 415 Skyborough Blvd or somewhere else?

Does anybody else have the same problem?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BREANAN
Hello Im having trouble placing the lot. Everytime I try it says lot is too big or can not place at that location. Any suggestions?

It's probably saying cannot place at that location because you're looking at residential lots, instead of community lots. It may also be possible (I don't know really) that a community 'house' like this one must fit the lot size exactly, that you can't place a community building on a larger community lot. When you're in Edit Town click on all the lots first, you get up a window showing the empty lot and you can change the lot from residential to commercial. So choose the lot first, one the same size as this church lot and make it commercial, then select the church in the Library.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:36 PM
Lovely! Will surely take place of that pity cemetary, if there's enough space. Else i could do the old wet job and fit it to the lot...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
this church is perfect thank you.
Instructor
#20 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:44 PM
Lovely lot, My favoritre part , The Heart Shaped Pond!!Excellent work!!Thanks for sharing!

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
It's just georgous, thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
I can't wait to try this out, you did an amazing job and I love all the details! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:05 AM
Great job, but where did you get the bell from???

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by red_dragons
Great job, but where did you get the bell from???

You'll find the bell in
> Buy mode (F2)
> Decor
> Miscellancelous Decor (towards the end of the listing)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nitrogen [2]
Lovely! Will surely take place of that pity cemetary, if there's enough space. Else i could do the old wet job and fit it to the lot...

I once placed a mausoleum in my cemetary, but then the community lot was shown as cemetary and I wasn't able to have a party there. I just thought I let you know before you sweat about it ....
Page 1 of 3