Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 4:44 AM
Hi Pinkflower!

Wish I could help you Dizor, but I didn't even mess with bodies in TS2

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:11 AM
Heh, its alright!
If worse comes to worse, I backed up the file and can always just buy Milkshape if I really need to and use Blender for my modeling.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 11:18 PM
Hi cmomoney! :D
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:25 PM
I've updated the Blender import script now to also include the UV. It should now be working for vertices, faces and UV. I have a basic idea about adding the armature which I hope to start writing in as soon I know the UV is okay.

See http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=389058 for progress.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceixari
I've updated the Blender import script now to also include the UV. It should now be working for vertices, faces and UV. I have a basic idea about adding the armature which I hope to start writing in as soon I know the UV is okay.

See http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=389058 for progress.

Hi All. this is my first quote or reply, dont know if I am doing this right. But, we have a new Blender 2.5.1 It is awsome, although I am new to Blender and have a lot to learn. I am a newbie in meshing and hope to learn a lot from you guys. I hope I can mesh like a pro soon, although it will be objects.. Sims3 can do with a few.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 4:11 AM
Hi, Flowerpower! I haven't been brave enough to try 2.5 yet, but we'll try to help you as much as possible

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:23 AM
I hope I am doing this right. My question is to Ceiraxi. I have used your scripts to import a mesh, and have altered it quite a bit. I was reading your little decription and noted that it said if I alter the mesh it will not work in the game. If this is true, do I need to create a whole new clothing "set" per se? All I did to this point is export the GEOM files out of CTU into a file folder, then loaded the first mesh into Blender and altered it. Can I just save it back as a GEOM file to replace the original or do I need to alter other pieces to make it work?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:37 AM
Ceiraxi didn't make the GEOM file scripts. He just linked to them in his thread for people wanting to do body meshes and not objects meshes. The author of that script hasn't been active lately, but you might try posting in the CAS Part forum.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:00 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Ceiraxi didn't make the GEOM file scripts. He just linked to them in his thread for people wanting to do body meshes and not objects meshes. The author of that script hasn't been active lately, but you might try posting in the CAS Part forum.

Thanks CMOMONEY. Have you used the Plugin? I can load in the LOD1 Mesh and edit it but when I export it it exports as a .geom file, not a .simgeom file. Any ideas? BTW, great group effort going on here!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:39 AM
I used it it the beginning stages just to try it out, but that was before the exporter was made, so I don't have a clue.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Site Helper
#36 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 11:26 PM
Hi. I just got Blender. My previous meshing experience has been in Second Life and Anim8tor. So far with Blender I have finally managed to figure out what I did to make the cube move around.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#37 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 12:07 AM
Ghost sdoj, if you need info on how to use blender, have you looked at the blenderwiki? It has quite excellent tutorials.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:07 AM Last edited by oscarzoa : 31st Mar 2010 at 3:11 AM. Reason: thought of something xD
Hey guys, I'm thinking of downloading Blender. Good idea? I've totally memorized how to make poses with it, but I don't have it. O_O And yush, is Blender good? I hope so ^_^

Edit: Oh, does Blender do the same things as Millkshape. I had to do something like that. Tutorial for PS with GIMP >_<

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
WOO GREEN DAY!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#39 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:23 AM
Um, define "good"? If we'd all think blender were completely useless and sucky, this group would hardly exist =D. Whether or not it does what you need to do right now is a different question of course.

It does the "same things as Milkshape" in the sense that it is also a 3D editor, yes. It does them in different ways though, is more complex overall, and has a very different interface. If you don't remember how it works anymore, maybe read through the manual linked in the wiki (see link in my last post)?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Site Helper
#40 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for the link, plasticbox. I have it bookmarked now. I think I've even found out what it was that I did when I was experimenting with moving the cube and it suddenly got bigger!

And yes, Blender and Milkshape both make meshes. (Assuming you can figure out the controls)

Edit: This is what I get for forgetting to hit "post" before going back to the wiki!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#41 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Having fiddled with Blender 3D a little before I started creating for Sims, I've never really used anything else. Like many, I found the layout daunting, but with the mass amounts of video and written tutorials for Blender on the web, and the few tutorials here on how to get stuff in the game, I'm happy I stuck with it. It is a very versatile and robust program with lots of features, not to mention its FREE! Also, Some of the best creators on MTS use Blender.
I'm starting this social group as a place for questions, tips, tricks, and discussion about Blender. So, do YOU use Blender?

I've been trying to learn how to use a 3D editor for a few months now. When the import/export plugins for Milkshape came out, I splurged and bought it. (Yech! I can't begin to work with it.) Blender is sooo much easier to use I'm so glad that plugins are being developed for Blender now... I may even be able to do some content soon. :cylon:

I'm really looking forward to the 2.5 series, the new interface is so much easier to use than the 2.49 and before (IMHO, anyway).
Test Subject
#42 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 3:21 PM
Yeah the old 2.49 were a bit confusing sometimes, but i still need to learn where which tool does what ^^
Field Researcher
#43 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 8:36 PM
I downloaded 2.5x yesterday to have a look, mainly to test whether my scripts will still work in that. Some changes were made to the scripting in 2.5x which basically makes my scripts usable for 2.49 and to a lesser degree some earlier versions, but not many. I'll start upgrading my scripts in te next few weeks.

Other than that I'll have to get used to the new interface as I've been using the 2.49 type interface for a long time.
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 7:54 PM
Any Idea when the plug-ins for animations will ever get brought up. I am settling for milkshape and blender as a duo... U see I can barely see the screens in milkshape. and rather like the many tools in blender along with the larger window.... lol. I noticed that there were some changes over at the blender wiki... Do I need to update? and which ones do I need.. I love new plugins.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#45 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 9:10 PM
What version are you currently using?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#46 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 8:00 PM
Yes, there are some changes between the API for 2.4x (and prior) and the API for 2.5. I know I will have to start looking at modifying my scripts for 2.5, but for now i'm sticking with the 2.49 versions.

As for the GEOM scripts, I don't know whether they'll be updated. Morgade might do so when 2.5 is actually released. For now it's still in Alpha. I haven't done any CAS stuff, so don't know whether those scripts need changing.
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 11:17 AM
I have been using Blender since yesterday because I wanted to make a custom animation; so I tried following orangemittens' tutorial but I was having a hard time playing with the arms and hands. I wanted to make the pose look like a scared Sim with their legs knock-kneed (I think I was successful to that) and one hand with close fist on the chest. I'm actually trying to make another pose/animation for Coward Sims (cause I love it when they do those scary animation ).

The forearms tends to get longer and I have no idea how to deal with the fingers and hands to make it look like they're touching the chest.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flowerpower42
Hi All. this is my first quote or reply, dont know if I am doing this right. But, we have a new Blender 2.5.1 It is awsome, although I am new to Blender and have a lot to learn. I am a newbie in meshing and hope to learn a lot from you guys. I hope I can mesh like a pro soon, although it will be objects.. Sims3 can do with a few.

Oh ehM Gee! So am I! I have no idea what Blender (or Milkshape) is at first and this is also my first attempt! Good luck to both of us!
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:16 AM
ok yes seeing as this thread hasn't had a reply for months, i will still step my toe into the water and see what this is all about, so yes
does this count as a spam post though?
i want to cry so much right now because i thought making clothes for my sims would be so much easier, and now i'm stuck downloading, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling tons and tons of stuff and still not a single step towards my actual goal, sigh
might've figured out by now i'm a lazy bring-it-on-a-silver-platter person, and i don't like to put in a lot of effort but i'm really determined to do this!!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yusra347
ok yes seeing as this thread hasn't had a reply for months, i will still step my toe into the water and see what this is all about, so yes
does this count as a spam post though?
i want to cry so much right now because i thought making clothes for my sims would be so much easier, and now i'm stuck downloading, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling tons and tons of stuff and still not a single step towards my actual goal, sigh
might've figured out by now i'm a lazy bring-it-on-a-silver-platter person, and i don't like to put in a lot of effort but i'm really determined to do this!!!

Its a bit daunting at first, but once you get all the plug ins you need its not so bad. unless you want to animate. most people have gone on to sims 3 which I can't stand. I like having more control over my sims than it allows. I am still hoping someone will make the plug ins needed for animation for sims 2. unless they came out during my last break from gaming... but I havn't found them yet.

Page 2 of 3