Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:52 PM
Thanks <3 I've been entering contests now that Bon Voyage has so many glitches
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:54 PM
Can't wait for this to start
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 4:29 PM
Default Eliza Bakker - Application
Name:
Eliza Bakker
Tell us something about you:
Hi, i'm Eliza. This is actually my first contest, i hope everything will be ok. I'm so excited! I'm totally ready to leave this boring village and go to the big city.

i also wanted to wish the other contestents good luck!

Headshot:

Bodyshot:

Freeshot:

this is totally me, feeling convident and sexy!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:41 PM
She's added to the hive semantje!
#55 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 6:05 PM
Default Salena Lopez
Name: Salena Lopez
Tell us something about you: I am smart, beautiful, & determined.
I will work hard to get what I want..

1 head shot in a BLACK background:

1 body shot in a WHITE background:

1 free shot :
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 6:34 PM
Default Meet The Judges

Hello everyone, I'm Lei "L.O.V.E" Pattina.

I'll be your host for the whole contest. I'll also be in the example photos of each round. Ok! Enough about me! This contest is all about you guys after all!
Let me introduce you to our judges. They will give scores as well as contructive criticism.

First let's meet our first judge - the lovely Jaela

"Hello contestants! My name is Jaela and I have the pleasure and honor to be a judge in this wonderful contest. I think most of you have seen my name here and there in the contest forum. I have hosted, judged and entered many contests over the years that I have been a part of the SC2 community. I have seen the good and ugly of photos…lol…in fact a few of the ugly have been my own.

Now, down to the knitty gritty of things….what do I look for when judging. I look at how well, you followed the task requirements, and if they are not followed it will reduce your score. This is important in my eyes…while we can blame we are not talented in taking photos or photoshopping….you can not blame lack of talent for not reading or questioning the requirements . Next, I look at the photo composion…in my mind that is lighting, sharpness, is your sims placed right in the picture or is her head, leg, arm, hand missing. The razzle dazzle of filters, special lighting techniques do not impress me if your sims head is cut off. Lastly, is poses and creativity…I would rather see and outstanding in-game pose then a poorly done photoshopped one so, please keep that in mind. Finally, and the most important thing is creativity….if it is missing your scores will be low…think outside of the box, if the task is an ad for product, think about the product and how it is used besides just the normal way it is portrayed….be creative!!!! Good luck to all the contestants, please wow me!!"

Thank you Jaela! Next let our second wonderful judge Nerina introduce herself

"Hi everyone! I've got quite a big experience in contests, both as a contestant and as a judge, so I'll try to bring it all to good use in judging this contest, too.
What I'm looking for is, mainly, creativity, fresh, new ideas. I understand your graphic card may not be top-notch, but creativity usually makes up for it. another personal pet peeve I've got is sim pics pasted on real life backgrounds. It's ok if you can blend them nicely so that the contrast is not so striking, otherwise I'd suggest use an ingame bacgrounds. The game has amazing landscaping potential, believe me . Oh, and of course, be careful, read thoroughly round requirements and stick to them, because even if I like your pic a lot, if you don't respect requirements I will have to give you a lower score than I would if you had respected them. Well, I think that's all for me, have fun and good luck!"

Last but not least, this is Jason

"Hi everyone, I'm Jason - your male judge. First of all let me say I'm really thrilled to judge a contest full of beautiful ladies like this one!
When judging, I look for uniqueness, creativities and how you put the whole thing together. Whether it's in-game or photoshopped your creativity is the first to consider. Come up with something new, be advangerous, even wicked, wow the people who see your photo. And remember to always be beautiful. With me, a creative in-game shot is way better than a pose use model poses hacks! You can use those hacks but remember to change something in it. Make it your own! Stand out!
Hope to see wonderful photos from you guys!"

Now let's meet our Emergency Judge - FireAzor. She'll also be guest judge in our final round.

She'll present herself in final round.

We also have one more judge but for some reason he cannot be here now so we'll have up date on him later.

That's all for now girls. Before saying goodbye, the judges wanna have some last words for you.

"We wanna say that we will do our best to be sure this contest will be fair and enjoinable! Thank you! Ciao!"

QUEENBEE AGAINST FAVORITISM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 6:56 PM
Ok Missa, Salena's added to the hive!
Round 1 is ready, can't wait to post it, hehe!
#58 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:56 AM
Default Jasmin Reah - Application

Name: Jasmin Reah
Tell us something about you: I grew up wit only my mum, I was the only child.
My dad left when I was 2. I've always wanted to be a model,
and I think this is my chance.

Headshot:

Bodyshot:

FreeShot:

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:21 AM
Ahhhh, I see we used the same skin Shantia! But your sim looks prettier All the the sim ladies out here are very beautiful. Infact, I need to PM one of you to know where you got your skin :D
#60 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:24 AM
hehe u are correct, why you say that? your sim is lovely
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:01 AM
Shanti, she's so attractive! OK guys, I have good news! Everyone goes to round one, hehe.
The application also opens for one more day, so those who want to enter or want to finish their entry have more time!
Round 1's posted shortly! Enjoy!
Scholar
#62 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:06 AM
I'm glad everyone goes into Round 1. But everyone's sims are so gorgeous I might as well just drop out now

Off Topic but Missa, your sim bears a striking resemblance to Kimora Lee Simmons, but that's just me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:20 AM
Default Round 1-part 1
Round I

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Let's meet our host

Hi girls, I'm glad all of you can make it to round one! You guys are fabulous so far!

So here your tasks for the first round...

Let's take about your dreams! What do you see when you are sleeping? Have you ever dreamed of being a.........

PRINCESS

Ok girls, for the first task we will do an ad for Vera Wang's Princess perfume!

Click the pic to get the PNG version

I want your ad to be fantasy-like! Think you are a princess, let your imagination run free and remember to be always beautiful!

Why I come up with the photo above? Well, because it's Princess and Vera Wang is orgininally Asian, so why don't I make an "Asian Princess" ad.

Now is your turn girls! Fulfilled your dream!

Requirements
- Let your imagination and creativity run wild. It can be a face shot, body shot,etc. It's up to you.
- The pic have to be in COLOR
- You MUST put the perfume bottle in your photo
- Link me a smaller than 450 pixel version that I'll use in the showdown
- Your ad have to be fantasy-like!
- Think outside the box and do it differently

That's all for task one! Let's move one to task 2!

Turn on the music........

http://www.esnips.com/doc/33af504c-...er---Dark-Lady1

Have you ever been to a fortune teller. Has she haunted you in your dream!

Ready to be shocked girls. Cuz this time each of you will portrait one of the "dark lady"'s....

TAROT CARDS

Each of you will be given a tarot card that you have to portrait. The card is used to give you an idea of what the it's about. Don't imitate it, make the card your own creation. For example, if you receive the death, of course I do not want you to be a skull like in the card!

Requirements

- Your photo Must be 370x600(including the given frame)
- You have to put your photo into your given frame (If the frame do not match the card (ex: you're given the sun but the frame says the star), please contact me.
- Let your imagination and creativity run wild. It can be a face shot, body shot,etc. It's up to you.
- The pic have to be in COLOR

Ok now let's click on the card to see what's in store for you...

Amareea Elix FRAME

Sally FisherFRAME

Lorenda WatsonFRAME

Mandrea RaeFRAME

Tara MatlockFRAME

Galina DiotrephesFRAME

Latifah Latina EscamilloFRAME
Scholar
#64 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:27 AM
Awesome! I already created a picture...hehe after reading the first page. I'm not sure it fits but yeah
Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:39 AM
Default Round 1-part.2
Isabella SharpeFRAME

Madilyn YangthzeeFRAME

Isla HeathFRAME

Ali WoodFRAME

Shenae O'BrianFRAME

Prudence SmithFRAME

Eliza BakkerFRAME

Salena LopezFRAME

Jasmin ReahFRAME

GROUPSHOT

In this round you also have to do a groupshot
Please produce a picture in a PNG background (or at least a WHITE background) wearing this outfit with light makeup.
You can sit, stand, etc. (but please DON'T lay), be creative with the pose!
Because this one is the easiest, you should do this one first! We wanna have our groupshot as soon as possible right!

Lastly, please answer a few question below! We wanna get to know you better

1/ How do you feel about round 1 tasks?
2/ How you come up with the idea of PRINCESS ad? Tell us something about your ad.
3/ What's your sign? Are you superstitious?

That's all for this round. I expect great things from you girls!
Take care!

Round 1 will end at October 21st 9:00am GMT
#66 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:18 AM
Where's my card ? awesome idea by the way. The music, the cards, pretty cool. Kudos dude.
EDIT- Oh and is that 450 pixels total , if so what would the dimensions be like. :confused:
#67 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:25 AM
ooh, this is so awesome, I hope I can keep up.
#68 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:28 AM
*eek* Justice? uh-oh. *goes on google to find out about it*
Great round jason.

EDIT : it can be anytype of princess right?
eg . Princess of nature , princess of air /fire /clouds /water , normal princess etc etc.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:42 AM
Yes emaone! It can be any princess, let your imagination run free!
Everybody, please check back to see information about the group shot! Round 1 posting still in progess!
Nope, 450 pixel mean each side of the pic shouldn't bigger than 450, Example: 450x300!
Scholar
#70 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:54 AM
What do you mean by 'The Sun'? Can it be like
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/...loquee/1sun.jpg
I thought Sun Godess...lol

P.S- I'm putting the Vera Wang perfume pic on the 'Sun' picture later by the way, this is just a test picture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:24 AM
The Vera Wang princess and the Tarot Card th sun is two seperate tasks.
Which means you have to do 2 different picture, 1 for Vera Wang, 1 for the Tarot card. Each one have its own requirement!
For the sun, just do anything that suggest people about the sun, check the example above for the moon.
Scholar
#72 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:56 AM
Okay I did the Tarot card one already, hope this is what you meant. I'm sure the others will have better ones but I did this to my fullest extent of my abilities with PS and Sims!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/...ee/sunTAROT.jpg
Test Subject
Original Poster
#73 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:59 AM
Round 1 finished posted
Test Subject
Original Poster
#74 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:04 AM
Cool, Annelae. You just have to put it in an entry entitled Prudence Smith-Round 1 together with your others photo! Remember the groupshot also. God! You're so quick!
Scholar
#75 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:11 AM
Okay, working on it now. :P

I don't have anything to do today, hence the pictures are coming in quick.

Page 3 of 27