Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 5:55 PM
Hey now, you're an All-Star?! - we have a winner!
Overview:

As the name already states, this contest is open for everybody that wants to test his / her skills in the various aspects of Simming.
You will have to do very different tasks in each rounds, but what counts in the end is the picture you do. This is not a beauty contest, this is about creativity.

All contestants will be able to do all rounds, nobody gets eliminated.

The Rounds:

Application (closed)
Round 1 – Building and Decorating (closed) - votes
Round 2 – Creating a Sim (closed) - votes
Round 3 – Storytelling (closed) - votes
Round 4 – Final: Artist Madness (closed) - votes

The Contestants:

Everybody that would like to take part in this contest has to chose one of the following groups, which are named after the classical elements. The group name will also give you the basic theme for rounds 1-3 (though this should not limit your creativity ). Each group can have up to five contestants.
For rounds 1-3, the contestants of one group will work together. That means, that the points of all contestants of one group will be added and then divided through the number of group-members. Whichever group has the most points, is the leading one. In the last round you will work alone but if you were in the group that was leading after round 3, you will automatically receive 5 points more in round 4.

Contestans:
1. punkd20: application, round 1 - DISQUALIFIED
2. PrettyLittlePaintSplat: application, round 1, round 2, round 3 - DISQUALIFIED
3. Quinctia: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
4. leighthesim: application, round 1, round 2 - DROPPED OUT
5. foolinthemoon: application, round 1, round 2; round 3 - DROPPED OUT

Contestans:
1. coldfloral: application, round 1, round 2, round 3 , round 4
2. Vicci: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
3. Lipsy Froufrou: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
4. sawcarn: application, round 1 - DISQUALIFIED
5. GalacticSimmer94: application, round 1, round 2, round 3 - DROPPED OUT

Contestans:
1. alexisaiger: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
2. SilentPsycho: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
3. Nukeya: application, round 1, round 2 - DROPPED OUT
4. Essa: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
5. MagicBeans: application, round 1 - DROPPED OUT

Contestans:
1. SimsArtThat: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
2. h3nker: application, round 1, round 2 - DISQUALIFIED
3. cari4003: application, round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4
4. Andymy: application, round 1, round 2, round 3 - DROPPED OUT
5. JaimeA: application, round 1, round 2 - DROPPED OUT

The Judges:

I will need 4 judges and 2 emergency judges. If you would like to become a judge, please make sure that you are able to send your votes within 24 hours after a round has ended.

Judges:
1. LilacBaby
2. Stormy
3. SwiftSign
4. Daltonism

Emergency Judges:
1. Gerbera (yeah, that's me!)
2. funkyfroggy

The Prizes:

avatars (Air and Earth) and more avatars (Fire and Water)

any finalist may sign up with JoeSims ' Angelic Models Inc - thanks for donating

a custom tatooed skintone by Nymphy - thanks so much for donating! :D

a hot male Sim by MagicBeans - thank you for donating!

General Rules:

1. All contest forum rules apply.
2. One application per person.
3. Be nice to everyone
4. For photoshopping and number of pictures required please see the round rules.
5. Be creative and have fun! :D

Application Round:

This round is quite basic. Please chose your group and state it clearly.
Show us three pictures with examples of what you have done with the game. This could be a house you have built, a Sim you made, some custom content you created, or something else.
Important is only that you made it and that you showcase it in an in-game-shot.
You may use any graphics program in this round to improve the picture quality (contrast etc) and to add borders but for nothing else!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:52 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 8.2.07
Ends 9.2.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • REMEMBER that the Picture Posting Guidelines apply to the contest forum as well. If your pictures violate these rules, your pictures will be deleted and you will be alerted/warned.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:03 PM
Yes, I am here :D
If you have any questions, don't hestitate to ask.
I am looking forward to seeing your entries
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:08 PM
Gerbera WOW this looks like an amazing contest, so creative!
* thinking thinking thinking * hmmmm, I hope I can enter this one. The group concept with no eliminations sounds interesting too.

<~~wheels spinning, lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:12 PM
*lol* I hope you do enter, I always enjoy your work
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:18 PM
Gerbera, a few questions...ok no photoshopping for the app, got it. Building/decorating doesn't really need it...will the story telling round allow ps'ing? Or creating a sim? I'm sure the final round will lol.

And..what happens if someone from a group drops out?

And...(lol)...if we choose fire for example, all our entries must have something to do with fire?

and thanks! I can already tell this is going to be a great contest, Gerbera!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:27 PM
Yes, the Sim round and the storytelling round will have a certain amount of photoshopping allowed, and of course the final round as well. Maybe also the decorating round, I am not sure right now
But in no round it will be required, if you can do great work with only the game, even better :D

Well, if someone drops out (which I really hope will not happen), the group has one member less. In this case the group will still be able to work on, unless everybody from the group drops out. That's a worst-case scenario, I really hope that won't happen. I will have a better answer to this question later (I hope)

For the themes: If you choose fire, than e.g. in your building / decorating part you should work with shades of red / yellow ... And just think about what general feeling you get when you think about fire. That's what I want to see But I will give more details in the round instructions (for every group / theme), so I promise you won't be lost!

---

edit: Okay, I have to go to bed now, I am at GMT-1 so it's already past 10:30 pm here
If you have more questions or found my above questions unclear, please post your questions here. I will check back tomorrow morning (my time) and answer then :smurf:
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:22 AM
Ooh, I'd like to join this pleeease. =]

Am I suppossed to do that now, or later? XD
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:27 AM
Um...okay, okay. I was trying to decide if I have time for another contest...and I decided I'll figure out a way to make time. Heh.

Quick question: Are we going to be judged on our apps?

Because of the limited photoshop rule for the app, I have a limited number of already-taken pics I could use. But they aren't the best quality and/or size because they've mostly been taken for a blog. If the apps will be judged, I'll go in-game tonight though and get better pics.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 7:17 AM
Splat, you can post your application round entry now. I look forward to seeing it, good to have you on board

Alexis, your are not being judged on your apps. This is just to see what you already have done and what group you want to be in. Can't wait to see your entry as well!
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:08 AM
Default Fire Group--Application
I would like to be in the fire group.

Three photos:

A sim I made--Dillon--playing the piano:

A house I built:

Psi--my RP sim and current favorite teen:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 9:39 AM
Looks great, Alexis :D

I forgot to say that, if you want an Avatar, please say so in your application post (That goes for everybody that would like to participate in this contest)
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:44 AM
Gerbera hi could you please give me an idea of how many pics will be required for each round? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much time each round will take, before I commit to entering. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:49 AM
Destin, depending on the round it will be app. 3 - 5 pictures each round. The decorating round will probably be around 5 pictures, whereas the Sim round will very likely be around 3 pictures. For the final round it'll definately be 3 pictures, I havent'd decided on the storytelling part yet but that'll probably be around 4 pictures ...
I hope that helps :D
Or does anyone think that this is too much? I really don't want to cause any stress, this is supposed to be a nice, fun contest
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
Destin, depending on the round it will be app. 3 - 5 pictures each round. The decorating round will probably be around 5 pictures, whereas the Sim round will very likely be around 3 pictures. For the final round it'll definately be 3 pictures, I havent'd decided on the storytelling part yet but that'll probably be around 4 pictures ...
I hope that helps :D
Or does anyone think that this is too much? I really don't want to cause any stress, this is supposed to be a nice, fun contest

Related pics take less time than single tasks, since it's all from one set, so that sounds reasonable

er...are the sims shots going to be modeling/ads?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:00 AM
No ads, just presenting your Sim ... In a special way but I won't give away too many details now
Remember what I said in an other post, photoshopping will never be a must, it is completely optional
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:45 PM
Default SimsArtThat - Application - Team WATER
Team: WATER

Sim: Gunner Garson

Sim: Jory Grace. Also Design

Design & Building

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:48 PM
Nice, I'll add you to the list :D

Come on, everybody, join us
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:52 PM
Default h3nker - Application
Hi, gerbera! I'd like to be on the Water team, please.
Great contest idea, BTW.

In-game shot from a story I did. I made Orion and Lethos, the two sims, and also made the eighteenth-century uniforms that they're wearing.

A Japanese garden I designed for Auroraspirit's garden-design contest.

Another story pic, featuring Tyr and Chris, two more sims I created, and a set I designed for the shot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:54 PM
Great pictures, I love that garden! Added you to the team list.
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:59 PM
h3nker, suh-weet! :num:

alexis :cdance: I'm psyched to be in another contest with you lol
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:14 PM
eee im a judge now :D

Great Apps Alexis, H3nker and SimsArtThat
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:38 PM
Looks interesting. Just a question about the fourth round, it will be Sim based? I personally have no artistic creativity so I'm slightly worried about that round. :p

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:56 PM
is it to late to put a application in?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
Vicci, yes that round will be partially Sim based. You don't really have to be an "artist" for this round, all rounds are possible with only in-game shots. I'd love to see you join! If you got any more questions about that round, just PM me

satsoveranddone, no, it is not too late to post your application. In fact, the apps will still be open for a few days from now on. I hope you decide to participate! :D

Page 1 of 26