Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:34 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 31st May 2009 at 8:59 AM.
Default SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009 - FINAL RESULTS POSTED!

SimCity Magazine is searching for one man to be named the city's most eligible bachelor.
Use your looks, personality, and skills to earn the title!

Rules
Your bachelor must be an adult male of any species, age 18-50.
Photoshopping is allowed but will not be judged.
Bachelor must be your own creation.
Only one entry per person allowed.
Custom content is allowed.
Your bachelor does not have to be from SimCity but must currently live there.
Follow all forum rules.
You must type the round number and your name in the title of your entry.

Eliminations
There will be no eliminations! Whoever has accumulated the most points will win the contest.

Judging
Entries will be judged on the following-
Photo creativity- 20
Story/writing creativity- 20
Adherence to rules- 10

Your bachelor will have to present himself not only through pictures but through writing as well.
If your English skills are not perfect please let the judges know so it can be taken into consideration.

Application
Due 10pm PST (GMT-8) on May 3, 2009
Please include:
Name
Short biography: Introduce us to your bachelor! Just a short paragraph is needed.

Pictures required:
One headshot
One bodyshot
One freeshot

You may use a plain background for the application round.

Applicants
Please see post #3

Judges
1. boolPropped
2. singing_Noel
3. amymnel

Emergency Judges
1. chowgilly
2. ktbcca

Timeline
Application- 4/27/09 to 5/3/09 - App. Scores
Round I (He Works Hard for the Money) - 5/1/09 to 5/6/09 - RI Scores
Round II (Precious Free Time) - 5/6/09 to 5/12/09 - RII Scores
Round III (The Romantic) - 5/12/09 to 5/20/09 - RIII Scores
Round IV (The Bachelor, The Model) - 5/20/09 to 5/29/09

Petchy has provided these amazing sims as prizes.

The first place winner will win all three sims, second will win their choice of two, and third will win their choice of one sim. Thank you Petchy

x-tashi-x has also provided a beautiful sim. This sim will go to the first place winner. Thanks x-tashi-x
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 11:59 PM Last edited by boolPropped : 26th May 2009 at 10:36 PM.
Contest Approved
Begins 4.27.09
Ends 5.30.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:23 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 30th May 2009 at 6:17 AM.
Applicants:
1. John Carl (happyasabunny)-Round III|Round IV
2. Ainsley Harbour (TRIriana)-Round III|Round IV
3. Johnny Harper (clw8)-Round III|Round IV
4. Kevin Levin (1306)-Round III|Round IV
5. Clark McKay (ajaacooly)-Round III|Round IV
6. Luc Waverley (jj1010)-Round III|No Round IV
7. Kyler Dewayne Taylor (MizzGin03)-Round III|Round IV
8. Happy Lawrence (SlashMaster/Sta_r_obin)-Round III|Round IV
9. Travis Jefferson (sims2controlfrk)-Round III|Round IV
10. Darien Alisandriel (Piyokochan)-Round III|Round IV
11. Doom Slater (Deatherella)-Round III|Round IV
12. Lucas Ruben (sakrayami)-Round III|Round IV

Dropped Out/Disqualified:
00. Penn Hanks (hale)
00. Dylan Thompson (DDTKID)
00. Seth Dalton (Raindrops757)
00. Corey Pierce (kiddO.)
00. Anthony Tong (HyghTyme)
00. Connor Camper (aba23)
00. Donovan Olay (cavilez1987)
00. Charlsey Heartland (titi)
00. Landon Dugan (betterthanbarbiie)
00. Frances Aian (Landersy)
00. Tyson Madden (x-tashi-x)
00. Charlie Tan (goabigail)
00. Rynder Ryder (PuX- 80's)
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:34 AM
Ops, so sorry about posting too early. Uh, I'm in! I will apply.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:35 AM
Great! Can't wait to see your app ajaacooly!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:37 AM
Ditto, assuming we don't actually have to use Downtown lots - for some reason Downtown fraks up my game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HyghTyme
Ditto, assuming we don't actually have to use Downtown lots - for some reason Downtown fraks up my game.

You shouldn't have to actually go downtown for any of the rounds.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:57 AM
Oh I shouldn't enter this... but Im addicted to contests so count me in! Im off to start up my game I especially love the "any species" part. WOO!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:26 AM
Wow ktbcca, this looks like an amazing contest. I'd join, but I can't, however I'd love to be a judge if you'll have me?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:32 AM
Hey ktbcca! Can I join? I have my app almost ready.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:36 AM
Default Application-happyasabunny
This is John Carl. He is 19 years old and has just graduated from SimCity High School. He loves to hang out with his friends and go see movies. He doesn't have a lot of luck with women, he really isn't sure why. His whole life he has been trying to find the girl of his dreams and hasn't had very much luck but he is hoping that it will change.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beatnikbunny
Oh I shouldn't enter this... but Im addicted to contests so count me in! Im off to start up my game I especially love the "any species" part. WOO!

Can't wait to see your app! I hope we get a lot of different species, would definitely make it interesting
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
Wow ktbcca, this looks like an amazing contest. I'd join, but I can't, however I'd love to be a judge if you'll have me?

I would love to have you as a judge. Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by jj1010
Hey ktbcca! Can I join? I have my app almost ready.

Of course, everyone is welcome!

happyasabunny- Great application! I love John Carl's style
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still have one judge position, and two EJ positions open if anyone is interested.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:05 AM
Please can I be a judge or EJ!! Hope I'm not too late!

I'm going there...but I like it here wherever it is
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amymnel
Please can I be a judge or EJ!! Hope I'm not too late!

Definitely not too late. I'll add you as our third judge, thank you!
Scholar
#15 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:16 AM
Default TRIriana: Application: Ainsley Harbour
Name
Ainsley Harbour

Biography
Originally from a typical, suburban and almost "Stepford-esqe" area, Ainsley moved to SimCity when he was twenty-two. His father always had aspirations for his second eldest son to go into the family business: running a private lawfirm. Ainsley always had more artistic persuits in mind however - but perhaps starting at the very beginning, however brief that may be, would be best.

Ainsley was the fourth child in a family of family of seven, and the second boy. He came from a particularly competitive family, and Lord knows his two older sisters fought like cats and dogs most of the time in order to see who was the best at...everything.

As it was, Ainsley was actually the best; though initially he learnt how to better his sketching abilities by watching big sister Anabel. As his father wished, while he studied in school, Ainsley learnt about the family business and had to endure listening to the ins and outs of law and how to handle business assets, from a very early age. He understood the logistics of what these things entailed, but it simply didn't interest him. He witnessed his father leaving very early in the morning and returning home very late at night, and most times this did include self-inflicted overtime. Ainsley veru quickly learnt that his father cared more about his business than family - unless the boys in said family took an interest in law.

Though seeing how hard his father worked instilled a strong work ethic in Ainsley, and taught him diplomacy at the same time, he steadfastly did not want that type of life for himself. He lost himself in his sketching, but it proved to be music that kept him truly enthralled. His love of the piano, violin and saxaphone were kept secret from his father until he actually left home to move to SimCity.

He plays piano at a small Jazz Bar in his spare time, to add on an extra bit of money toward paying his rent and is at least attempting to put his "business head" to good use by spearheading a project to clean up the City's abandoned piers and dockyards. This is where his formal work comes in - he latched onto an idea of using Robots to help clean up areas, and several prototypes are already well under way. This of course costs a lot of money, adn most of his earnings goes into helping the Project keep on its toes. He hopes the Humans of SimCity will see what a good idea it is and, not only aid funding, but see that they too can follow suit - and help the Robots better their city.

Of course he still touches base with home, and the last he heard his brother was going to join his father in working at their law firm - it had to interest at least one other person in the Harbour household!

Headshot

Bodyshot

"Taken on the edge of one of SimCity's dilapidated piers, this was the rough picture for the poster taken. It was ah...pretty damn cold that day. And the smell of garbage was utterly rancid. It took a lot of lemons to get rid of the smell."

Freebie

This wasn't an actual photograph taken at any concern Ainsley played at - but it is one of his recurring dreams. To play in front of a large audience within one of SimCity's magestic Concert Halls? It would be a dream come true!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:22 AM
Wow TRIriana great app! Thanks for joining

I'm still looking for two EJs, any takers?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:22 AM
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!! I'm so excited. LOL! *imagines herself doing a cartwheel* Believe me, it's not happening in real life. Looking forward to judging.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
Default Round One - HyghTyme

Name: Anthony Tong

Bio: Anthony grew up in Sim City, and attended Belladona Cove School of Design, earning a bachelors of the fine arts in photography. Since returning to Sim City he has rapidly become one of the city's most sought after portrait artists, and has shown in several prominent galleries. He was recently commissioned to photograph the wedding of famous retired boxer Carlos Contender and his fiance, Julia Peterson. On his off time, he enjoys hanging out and partying a little with friends, though he's not really one for getting drunk with near-strangers. He likes science fiction novels and going to plays and movies, as well as all sorts of art exhibitions. His two main dreams are to have his art exhibited in the presitigious SimCity National Gallery and to visit and take photos in China, the country his great-grandparents on his mother's side and grandparents on his fathers side came from.

He is also allergic to cats.
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:27 AM
Since we have a few days before ap's are due, you can count on one from me later this week. Gotta finish fighting with my game/pc to finish my too-big-of-a-mansion for SRE contest.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
#20 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:30 AM
Default clw8 - Application
Meet Johnny Harper!
Johnny is 26 and fresh out of college. Throughout his years of study, he has became quite knowledgeable of Business Management, and wishes to open up his own shop. However, first he would like to meet, fall in love, and eventually marry a stunning young lady. He fancies blond beach babes, but will settle for any woman who will supply him with all his deepest needs and desires.

Not only is he full of brains, but also he is quite the stud. Well, that is what the locals say, atleast. Johnny has always prefered the pampered, preppy boy appearence, however he is still one macho guy underneath.

And so, having never played an actual sport a day in his life, Johnny is still proud to show what muscle he does have....which, he can magically make look larger whenever an attractive girl comes wondering by.

clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:31 AM
HyghTyme- Great app His bio is so well written.

Deatherella- Awesome, can't wait to see your bachelor!

clw8- I love him! What a stud
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
HyghTyme- Great app His bio is so well written.

Thanks! That's me speciality, ya know.
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:58 AM
This looks like a great contest! Thanks, ktbcca, and everyone for having me as a judge. I can't wait to see some hunkalicious bachelors!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:44 AM
Default 1306: Kevin Levin (application)
Name: Kevin Levin

Short Bio:
Hey, my name's Kevin. I turned 18 a few months ago, and my friends, Ben and Gwen told me this--was their birthday present. You could imagine my face that day.

Well, what can I say about myself? My life's been a rollercoaster ride, for one thing. I've been in the farther regions of space and time, fighting aliens and baddies. I know you'll never believe me, but that's my life in a short sense. Another thing is how I'm struggling to do a bit of good myself. You see, I spent most of my life hijacking cars, smuggling alien technology, that kind of stuff. But then again--I've done a lot of stuff that I'm not proud of. So right now, I'm working as a mechanic in a seemingly huge repair shop outside the city. So there's my life.

Headshot:

Full Body Shot:

Freeshot:

(That's my car I'm sitting on. And no, I didn't carjack it.)

-----------------------------------------------------
(A little did-you-know: My avatar's his cartoon self. So yeah, I made him and based him from a cartoon.)

Excellent apps everyone!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 5:04 AM
I'm really enjoying all of the apps so far! They all look great.

Just a heads up 1306. I have a 6 year old obsessed with Ben 10, I know the show inside and out, (Ben 10, Ben 10: Alien Force and Ben 10: Intergalactic Invasion, I have seen them all!) and your Kevin is really good.

Looking forward to seeing all the other apps. Good work everyone!

Page 1 of 17