Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:37 PM
Default Favorite Non Computer Games
Lets talk about our favorite games that we love to play that don't require a computer in order to play it. Game of this nature would be Board games, card games, dice games, book games, miniatures, and anything else.

My 2 big favorites are spellfire (CCG) its out of print now but I am a die hard. It was made by TSR ( Dungeons & Dragons) Not many players left, so I don't get to play all that often.

My second is Heroclix (Miniatures) very popular but kinda price, Its made by Wizkids using the superheros form almost all comic books in the game. I love how they managed to take and combine D.C. and Marvil comics and have them work so well together.

Erasing One Big Astounding Mistake All-around
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 2:04 AM
I used to be big in to WH40K... I also used to love tabletop RPGing with my fav rulesets being The World of Darkness, GURPS and the original Star Wars RPG system (before it was transfered over to the D20 system)... oh and how could I forget the capitvating Call of Cthulhu.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 2:17 AM
Monopoly:so many editions out there. I like Star Wars monopoly
Scrabble
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 3:47 AM
Are you guys reading the thread? This is about non-computer/video games.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 4:49 AM
I've played the warhammer miniatures a few times, not many, I thought it was very fun. Farly easy to learn once you got the basics down. To bad where I live no one really plays it so I only have about a once a year chance to play.

ElPresidente, have you tried the d20 system yet? I haven't because no real players in timbuktu land. What I've been told is that it is too be more player friendly, less math and less rules then the old D&D 2.0 rules.

#6 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:36 AM
Uno and Speed (its a quick played card game...), oh and Bullsh-. Thats a good card game too.
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 9:27 AM
NON COMPUTER GAMES!!!!!

I'm going to start deleting posts from people who have not read the thread topic.

*edit*

Actually I'm not going to start... I'll delete the current ones.

If you ar going to engage in discussion people then please pay attention to what the discussion is about.

Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 10:08 AM
My favourite is Paydirt, which is an American football boardgame.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 12:08 PM
WH40K I used to play, Eldar... I loved them dreadnaughts and harlequins.... and death jesters were just damn sexy.

Stop Thief! was the greatest boardgame ever, still trying to find one on ebay for less than $50... the players are detectives and you have to catch an invisible thief who moves around the playing board. An electronic device plays the sounds the thief makes (ie: footstep, footstep, open door, footstep) as he moves around the board.

Pictionary and Billiards is always fun as well... and the ultimate party game, Twister. XD
retired moderator
#10 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 10:14 PM
Mmmmm Eldar goodness. :D

Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 12:12 PM
Dungeons and Dragons, Chess, Poker, Go, Trivial Pursuit
Fluffy
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 8:36 PM
World of Darkness
and Trivial Pursuit (here's a tip, never play against historians who follow sports, they always win )
Settlers is also pretty good (the board game, pres! please don't delete me! although the computer game isn't bad either )
I don't know if it's called that in English. It's from a german company and is called Die Siedler von Katan.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 7:11 PM
My favorites include;
monopoly,scrabble,spades,yahtzee,trivia games, and pictionary :P
When I was younger I used to love the "pretty pretty princess" boardgame.......
Fluffy
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 8:00 PM
what the heck is the 'Pretty pretty princess' board game?
It sounds like the kind of thing I would secretly enjoy...
Theorist
#15 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
World of Darkness
and Trivial Pursuit (here's a tip, never play against historians who follow sports, they always win )
Settlers is also pretty good (the board game, pres! please don't delete me! although the computer game isn't bad either )
I don't know if it's called that in English. It's from a german company and is called Die Siedler von Katan.

Funny you should mention that...I hold a degree in History, and love sports...and oddly enough, I usually do win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Fluffy
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by davious
Funny you should mention that...I hold a degree in History, and love sports...and oddly enough, I usually do win...

See! Historians into sports are a devil at Trivial pursuit. :vikingb:
Very frustrating
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
what the heck is the 'Pretty pretty princess' board game?
It sounds like the kind of thing I would secretly enjoy...
Its a jewelry dress up game.

http://www.toys2wish4.com/pretpretprin.html

Theorist
#18 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 1:30 AM
none of my friends will even play me in Star Wars Trivial Pursuit anymore...besides being a historian thats into sports, I am a sci-fi nerd too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 5:55 PM
I just got back from "Gencon Indy" and while I and my friends were there we got into a late night game with some of the game designers and one of the best I have to tell you was "Why Did the Chicken? ". Its a really simple board game and is great for groups. In the half hour we were playing it all of us were in tears and rolling on the floor laughing so hard. I tell you this, get it!!!!

Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 8:08 AM
Table top roleplaying has to be my favourite. Don't really have a favourite system although I will admit to running a Changeling game & am shocked and horrified that besides the usual suspects already mentioned nobody has named Call of Cthulhu & Unknown Armies. Put those together with Castle Falkenstein & that would be my top 4.

Also enjoy an occaisional game of Munchkin or any of the Chez cardgames. Or using normal cards, s***head or dwala are fun too.

:wave:
Fluffy
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Oct 2005 at 9:32 AM
skylark,
never heard of Unknown Armies...
but I did play Call of Cthulhu and didn't really enjoy it too much. Maybe it depends on the storyteller or something, but the rules of that game make it kinda hard to play, since basically, once you see a squid, you go insane. That's what I remember of it, at least
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:06 PM
Warhammer!!!!!! I luv painting small dollies and watch my brother play the game.
Well never really played it but I paint the figurines for my bro.

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 5:51 AM
I loved to play card games like spades. Chess is another one, so is yahtzee. I had this game long ago, it came in a tube, it was a rolled up leather square and you play it with coloured stones. I can't remember the name, but wish I could. I really loved the game. Hey, if you are really bored, go outside with nothen around you and bend over with your head down and point to the ground. Now start turning around and round. Point to the ground as close as you can and make sure your head is down, then stand up, LOL It will blow your mind. You might need some head gear. It is a trip. Make sure there is nothen around you but the ground. No cement please. If you try it let me know. Try this at your own risk, don't blame me if you break something.

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 11:41 PM
Rebirth time.

As of late my boss has gotten me into playing Texas Hold-em. Still suck, but I am at lest getting better.

Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 12:00 AM
mine is Monopoly and It was Yu-gi-oh but I stop playing that card game now oh and 21 blackjack Man I still I'm good at that game and I forgot to mention Dominos :P

Page 1 of 2