Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Caroline, they were only 40 metres away, and came back to check in on them every half-hour. They could run that distance in less than a minute, and if the kids did wake up and cry they could hear them. It's not like they were a few miles away.

And no one deserves to be told that this loss is their own fault. Not with something like this.

I totally agree. I feel so bad for her parents and the hell they must be going through.

I really hope that she's still alive but after the first 24-48 hours of a child going missing, their chance of being alive is pretty slim.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 9:14 AM
Haylifer are you really sure your not missing.
#53 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 6:31 PM
Haylifer, I think I understand what your saying. Same time, I cant see how its the parents fault altogether. Accidents do happen, you know....
I was carefully supervized by my granny. She was always somewhere around. She was also letting me wander off to the forest aged 4. I could have fell into a pit, I could have get stucked between some rocks, I could have.....whatever. But I felt safe. And Im here, too. Not missing.
Now, first time I went abroad I was 9. And I was never more than a couple of meters apart from my family. I think "home" and "away" makes a huge difference...
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:38 AM
What do you people think to the allegations that Madeleine was killed by her parents? The Police in Portugal are now claiming they have evidence that could show the McCann's overdosed Madeleine on sleeping pills. I know the police in Portugal have not really shown themselves as particually effective but this wouldnt be the first time a child has been killed by the parents and then it blamed on a kidnapper. I am dubios to whether this is what happened, but i think people need to take a step back, and stop thinking with sympathy but with more logic. People in the UK tend to dissmiss the police in Portugal, the tabloids especially prefer to pile sympathy upon the McCann's instead of publishing facts about the investigation. I think the McCann's have recieved enough sympathy and support, (on a recent trip to Alston, the highest village in England in rural Cumbria, i even saw Maddie posters there) and now its time to really find out what happened and also begin questioning the responsibilty of the parents. Just because they've suffered loss does not mean they are invinsible from all criticism.

This whole think reminds of 'Butter's Very Own Episode' from South Park, where Butters parents try to kill him and then blame 'some Puerto Reican guy' for kidnapping him.

EDIT: Sorry was lazy and didnt read all the posts, so some of the things ive said have already been mentioned.
Scholar
#55 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 12:09 PM
It's okay Mark, most of us are saying the same thing but its the way you say something that counts, and I think you made a really good point that hasn't been put like that before.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Inventor
#56 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 12:36 PM
I think it is quite possible the parents killed her themselves too.

I mean, not that I think they did it on purpose, but it could have been an accident and now they are trying to cover it up with the media-circus.

On the other hand, they can be poor parents who's child was kidnapped too.

But as Mark said, you should think logical about this. It is very well possible.
#57 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 12:37 PM
Haylifer ~ Personally I feel its almost impossible that they killed her. Mainly because of the investigation itself. Anyone else think its highly co-incidental that they didn't find blood for what... 100 days? And they found a suringe only last week?! What kind of policing is that? I think the portugese police could even be framing the parents... just to stop the search.

In responce to the view that she is being much more publicised I think there are two reasons.

1) It happened to a british couple. The amount of british kidnaps isnt too high last time I heard (although gunnings seem to be on the rise) and so it was shocking when it happened to a group of british people.

This lead to it being british news, in the papers and on TV.

2) The parents, as strong minded as they are in finding their daughter, appeal to other countries for help. If that didn't happen half of you people would never have known and wouldnt be complaining about it being everywhere. Of course it helps they are both respectable people.
#58 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM
It happened before that parents killed their children and then tried to cover it by having the media hype it as a kidnapping case. It didn't work, the police were onto them in a matter of days.
Test Subject
#59 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mark2512
What do you people think to the allegations that Madeleine was killed by her parents? The Police in Portugal are now claiming they have evidence that could show the McCann's overdosed Madeleine on sleeping pills. I know the police in Portugal have not really shown themselves as particually effective but this wouldnt be the first time a child has been killed by the parents and then it blamed on a kidnapper. I am dubios to whether this is what happened, but i think people need to take a step back, and stop thinking with sympathy but with more logic. People in the UK tend to dissmiss the police in Portugal, the tabloids especially prefer to pile sympathy upon the McCann's instead of publishing facts about the investigation. I think the McCann's have recieved enough sympathy and support, (on a recent trip to Alston, the highest village in England in rural Cumbria, i even saw Maddie posters there) and now its time to really find out what happened and also begin questioning the responsibilty of the parents. Just because they've suffered loss does not mean they are invinsible from all criticism.

Uh, that's not true at all. Under Portuguese law, if police have any evidence relating to a suspect they MUST charge them. The police have said time and time again that they have no reason or evidence to suspect that Madeleine's parents were involved.
It's just media sensationalism making life harder for parents who have lost their child.

EDIT: Cus backing up your statements with evidence is good.

Sheer wonder, baby.

Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 7:25 PM
Latest news on Madeleine is on http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine i really hope she is found.. she was supposed to start school on friday it said on the website. Whoever took her is very cruel to have done that.. they can see what the parents are going through..and its been over 4 months. Why not just return her ?
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 8:26 PM
Quote:
Uh, that's not true at all. Under Portuguese law, if police have any evidence relating to a suspect they MUST charge them. The police have said time and time again that they have no reason or evidence to suspect that Madeleine's parents were involved.
It's just media sensationalism making life harder for parents who have lost their child.

Your evidence also seems to support my point that there has at least been speculation that Maddie was killed by her parents and that that came from sources within the police.
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mark2512
Your evidence also seems to support my point that there has at least been speculation that Maddie was killed by her parents and that that came from sources within the police.

Whereabouts does it say that? Yes, there has been speculation over her parents involvement, but the police have always publicly denied they were ever suspected. The only accusations directed at the parents have come solely from within the press.

Sheer wonder, baby.

Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:03 PM
"The allegations were attributed to a "source close to the investigation".

and

"We never accused Mr McCann or Mrs McCann. We just published one thing - the Portuguese police believe the Maddy parents [sic] killed Maddy by accident... just that."

This at least explains that the police have been accused of suspecting the McCann's. Although this isnt exactly what i said i think its close enough to validiate my point some what.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 12:00 AM
Opinion of a Portuguese:

If they were Portuguese, they were already arrested, and the police would be much more agressive and fast to solve the case... but OMG, they are British, they are the owners of half-algarve, if Portugal Judiciary Police was rude with them, and tell them the truth that they (parents) neglect the children, and didn't care a s**t about the kids, it would be better. But since they are British, everything is different... Joana was never found, only the rest of the body of the girl... and the case was similar to Madeleine's case, the mother also gave the alarm to the police, and later, she confessed that she killed her... well, way to go, 25 years inside of the jail, only at 15 km from my home. With a bit of luck, she's going to die there That would be nice!

Well, anyway, what I want you to know, is that this case would be FAR different if they were Portuguese or Spanish, the world media would care less about it, and that would help the police, since they can't make a step with the media "OMG, me me me me me, is there any news about the Madeleine? OH MEU DEUS, eu eu eu eu eu, há noticias acerca da pequena maddy? Oh mio dios, yo yo yo yo yo, hay alguna noticia de la pequeña maddy?"

The Portuguese police works in the shadows: That's true. That's the way it's solved here, and maybe that's the reason why our police is one of the best in the stats when we talk about abductions. Well, or fake-abductions, which I start thinking now.

Anyway, I think it's way to strange that the police didn't get the results of the blood analysis now. I think they spot something, and are trying to avoid the media (Which is good. I really don't give a crap if I don't know nothing about this case. I just want the killers caught, jailed, and god knows what after that.)

Maybe in a month, we'll know further details. Until then, don't expect for the Judiciary Police give more information. As usual, they leave the details for the end of the investigation. Just like Joana's case, the Casa Pia, etc. etc.

Quote:
I know the police in Portugal have not really shown themselves as particually effective but this wouldnt be the first time a child has been killed by the parents and then it blamed on a kidnapper.

The police is effective... although the standard procedure is "keep low profile - The easier the investigation will be, with less attention by the media" which is hard in this case. Our police is way to much silent sometimes, but I think that's good.

And I know pretty well it isn't... just like Joana's case... :S

Quote: Originally posted by RageRage

EDIT: Cus backing up your statements with evidence is good.

No doubt. Anyway, Newspapers like Tal & Qual and 24 Horas should never be taken seriously... I can't forget, for example, the 1st page of 24 Horas back into the March terrorist attacks in Madrid: "Portuguese Secret Agency COULD stoped the death of 300 innocents in Madrid"... yeah right, be afraid of one thing, the Portuguese media is the most sensationalist ever (just after the British one )
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 1:36 PM
Just heard on the BBC that the mother is officially considered a suspect and is expected to be charged soon my the police, the father is being questioned too.

Looks increasingly like some of us were right.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 1:49 PM
Yeah, I've seen that in SIC too. The police said that the father will be interrogated today, after Kate, but they won't be with each other to avoid contact and change of informations between them (They said it was an official font... but well, this is a media circus over here)

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM...iTsRIEfJupzFIrg

http://euronews.net/index.php?page=...le=441442&lng=1
Instructor
#67 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 2:30 PM
It's all over the news in the US too. I've always thought they did it. They either killed her or they know who did. And if she was indeed taken, she's dead. Has been for at least a month. Plaster a kid all over the news who's missing and you sign their death warrant. Both parents should be charged with neglect and abandonment, and thrown in jail. Call me cruel, but I agree that this is in no small part their own fault. You don't leave a child in a room alone, especially a young child. I have a 2 year old (3 this December) and I would *NEVER* leave her alone anywhere, least of all in a foreign country. I don't leave her alone in my KITCHEN for more than a minute without at least peeking in to see what she's up to.

In short, I think they killed her. If indeed she was kidnapped, they still killed her by plastering her all over the news.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
#68 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure now they killed her, looks like the top detectives are starting to see my way of thinking. Like I said before.

a) If I were the parent of that child, I'd be visibly sick with worry i.e. stressed, lost weight. Maybe they have better ways with dealing with things, but they both look quite clearly healthy. I also haven't seen them in states of pure grief yet, I find that unusual.

b) They're doctors, they don't wanna ruin their career. By making it look as though the child was abducted, they won't be struck off the practitioner register.

c) Again, they're doctors. Clever people, so they'd have thought all this through. They'd also have the money to launch such a huge campaign, "Find Maddie", that it nearly completely convinces the public that she has been kidnapped, due to the hugeness and certainity of it obscuring other alternatives.

d) Physical evidence, blood specks in the hire car that match up with Madeline's DNA.

Quote: Originally posted by chelleypie
In short, I think they killed her. If indeed she was kidnapped, they still killed her by plastering her all over the news.

I couldn't agree more :p
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 12:54 AM
I don't believe the police if they said that the parents weren't suspected in the beginning. The last person to see a missing person alive should always be suspected. Doesn't mean they did it but they should always be suspected and investigated.

forever and ever....amen.
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Haylifer
I'm pretty sure now they killed her, looks like the top detectives are starting to see my way of thinking. Like I said before.

a) If I were the parent of that child, I'd be visibly sick with worry i.e. stressed, lost weight. Maybe they have better ways with dealing with things, but they both look quite clearly healthy. I also haven't seen them in states of pure grief yet, I find that unusual.

b) They're doctors, they don't wanna ruin their career. By making it look as though the child was abducted, they won't be struck off the practitioner register.

c) Again, they're doctors. Clever people, so they'd have thought all this through. They'd also have the money to launch such a huge campaign, "Find Maddie", that it nearly completely convinces the public that she has been kidnapped, due to the hugeness and certainity of it obscuring other alternatives.

d) Physical evidence, blood specks in the hire car that match up with Madeline's DNA.

I couldn't agree more :p

I before thought that they wouldn't make such a fuss if she had been murderd by them but now I see.

Or maybe she had an ADR reaction and as doctors they want to protect their profession?
Scholar
#71 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 11:01 AM
I so agree. I have been waiting for her parents to be investigated for about a week now, it was certainly going that way.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Forum Resident
#72 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 11:51 AM
I am in total agreement with Haylifer, Contessa and chellypie - the parents were very negligent. I am not saying that this sort of thing cannot happen by chance, but by leaving the kids alone, they were tempting fate. If she was abducted, how did the abductor know that the kids were unsupervised at that exact moment? Because they probably left the kiddies alone regularly.

I sincerely hope that Maddie is alive (with people who will and care for her), though it seems very unlikely. I has always seemed odd to me that the parents were never suspects from the start - who says Maddie was even in the room when daddy when to check up on her? The parents are to blame, one way or another for the murder/death or disappearance of Maddie.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
#73 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 2:46 PM
I read the paper today, it gave the details of the times Maddie was actually checked up upon the night she went missing.

9.05, Gerry McCann went up to check on her and the twins. 25 minutes later, at 9.30, a family friend went to check on them but "did not enter the room". Another half hour later, Kate McCann checked on the children.

My first impression is half an hour is a long time to leave a kid alone in a foreign country. But then, why did the family friend not actually enter the room? And how did he know that the children were fine, because they weren't crying? I think the family friend has been told not to enter the room, "so you don't wake them up" or something, but of course Madeline was supposedly missing at this point - they didn't want the friend to find out the news, Kate herself needed to break the news.

The hire car the specks of blood were found in was only hired 25 days after the investiagion. Prior to this, the couple were transported everywhere by friends or the embassy. Why did they need a hire car? It was a day before they flew out to Rome to meet the Pope, which strikes me as odd. Could they possibly have moved the body to a safer place in this time, so that it wasn't found in their absence? It's a stretch of the imagination to think they'd be able to pull that off, being in the public eye 24/7, but by no means impossible.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Haylifer
I read the paper today, it gave the details of the times Maddie was actually checked up upon the night she went missing.

9.05, Gerry McCann went up to check on her and the twins. 25 minutes later, at 9.30, a family friend went to check on them but "did not enter the room". Another half hour later, Kate McCann checked on the children.

My first impression is half an hour is a long time to leave a kid alone in a foreign country. But then, why did the family friend not actually enter the room? And how did he know that the children were fine, because they weren't crying? I think the family friend has been told not to enter the room, "so you don't wake them up" or something, but of course Madeline was supposedly missing at this point - they didn't want the friend to find out the news, Kate herself needed to break the news.

The hire car the specks of blood were found in was only hired 25 days after the investiagion. Prior to this, the couple were transported everywhere by friends or the embassy. Why did they need a hire car? It was a day before they flew out to Rome to meet the Pope, which strikes me as odd. Could they possibly have moved the body to a safer place in this time, so that it wasn't found in their absence? It's a stretch of the imagination to think they'd be able to pull that off, being in the public eye 24/7, but by no means impossible.

By the way, in the start they "where" Catholics... Now they only meet with an Anglican priest?!
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:58 PM
Kate McCann has always appeared quite 'shifty' to me on the tele, her eyes are always darting about. If they are guilty then this means they lied to the Pope's face... i dont think it gets much lower than that. They basically told God porkies... surely the pope should administer some righteous retribution...

Page 3 of 6