Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai
Another Tabasco lover! I love spicy foods, too. My new favorite thing is the most recently released Ketchup with Tabasco sauce in it - now even my fries are spicy. x)

Ooh, the ketchup and Tabasco sounds good. I'll have to try that .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
No one appreciates classic rock anymore.

Ahurm, classic rock lover here. Most of the time today it's all emo and punk stuff now. I guess that's why no one can appreciate the old stuff.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:03 AM
Tabasco! I work the morning shift at a breakfast joint and I use it everyday during my break. It goes on eggs, homefries, into ranch dressing and tarter sauce.

That's another. I love tarter sauce. And blue cheese dressing. And cole slaw, tuna and chicken salad. Basicly, I like foods that are white and saucy. My husband thinks I'm gross. Lol.

As fas as movies go, Showgirls is teh awesome, but only if you watch it on TV and they paint bras on everyone. Hil-arious. One of my other favorite movies is The Rocky Horror Picture Show. People either love that one or hate it.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:06 AM
As Rabid says, nobody likes classic rock, and progressive rock especially gets a bad rap -- I particularly love prog, such as Yes, Jethro Tull and Genesis...
Contrary to what 1306 says, most of the mindless masses aren't so much into emo and punk, as they are gangsta-rap or Beyonce (neither of which I could stand)...

Other things I like that most other people seem to hate:
- Aly & AJ (the pop group)
- Andrew WK (the rock singer)
- actress Tara Sands, and the Cartoon Network 'Fridays' block she used to host (I HATE its replacement 'Fried Dynamite' with a passion...)

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipperman
Contrary to what 1306 says, most of the mindless masses aren't so much into emo and punk, as they are gangsta-rap or Beyonce (neither of which I could stand)...

Oh yes. AND THAT. That's one thing I don't like, but everyone does. But that's a different thread, right?

Oh, and I forgot about Tabasco. I like it as well. Dunno why so many hate it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:17 AM
pokemon 8)
Oh and I second the long car ride thing Mai. I find them fun, lots of time to sit in my little corner of the van blasting my ipod and think to myself.
And greenbeans. Love them. :P
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:30 AM
I don't understand, but almost everyone in my family hates Muse and Coldplay! How is that possible???? I love them.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
almost everyone in my family hates Muse and Coldplay!

Hate to say it, but I hate Coldplay as well.
Radiohead all the way.

I love long car rides, too, but the good thing is my friends do as well. We don't watch movies or TV or go out to dinner or anything, we always just drive around and talk or blast music and think.

We read a book in middle school called Z For Zachariah. I was the only person in my entire school who actually liked the book. I thought it was thought-provoking and an interesting depiction of the Apocalypse. But then again, I was a very strange and mature child.

I love indie singers with bad voices, too.
It's weird.
I have no idea why, and sometimes it even annoys me.
But I can't stop it.

And classic rock is DEFINITELY NOT DEAD.
Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc etc.
#34 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:45 AM
Perhaps people dislike Coldplay because they're not terribly...good? They're overplayed, imo. I love rock, though. Maybe preteens don't appreciate classic rock, but most adults do.

I forgot to mention, I love "bad" weather. Rain, snow, thunderstorms...bring it on!
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simply_Sims
Perhaps people dislike Coldplay because they're not terribly...good? They're overplayed, imo. I love rock, though. Maybe preteens don't appreciate classic rock, but most adults do.

I forgot to mention, I love "bad" weather. Rain, snow, thunderstorms...bring it on!

Coldplay is a bit overrated, to be honest.

Bad weather is the best! Back here it's the best excuse to stay indoors :D
Field Researcher
#36 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:27 AM
i gotta agree i love Classic Rock its what i grew up on and im one of the few YOUNG people i know that are still rockin' to it! Esp. in the summer i dont know why...i also love the the tabasco but esp.on popcorn my boyfriend thinks its gross but oh well.
#37 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 12:06 PM
Peppers.
I have pepper in everything. In my coffee. In my cakes. I like everything hot and spicy.

Silence.
I can go for days in my house without any radio or TV on. Without talking. I have a hard time adjusting to the world outside, its so noisy.
A friend thats into spiritual stuff suggested Ive been deaf in a former lifetime.
Scholar
#38 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:17 PM
Pickled onions. Don't ask me why, I just do. The downside is of course bad breath, and having a nasty taste in your mouth several hours later. But worth it.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (a book). I used to hate it because I hated the writing style, but by the time I had finished it and understood why it was written like that I loved it. The very best in feminist literature. Unfortunatly, most of my friends don't like it.

The Sims2! All of my friends either hate it/think its boring or play it like once every couple of months because they don't like it enough to play it much. They think I'm crazy for wanting to play it at least once every couple of days, although they know I'm constantly trying to write some kind of story so they just see it as an outlet for that.

Unusual things. We have a pagan/alternative shop in our town, and it's my favourite shop (besides book shops in general). If I had loads of money I would buy almost everything they have in store.

Really dark chocolate. I even have some 99% cocoa dark chocolate in my fridge, but I can't stand more than this much (-----) of a piece, it is so incredibly strong it just takes all the moisture out of your mouth. 85-86.5% is ideal for me though. None of my friends like it, they all think I'm crazy seeing as they're all Cadbury people. Ugh. Cadbury's has more vegetable stuff than chocolate in it.

That's the problem with dark chocolate, once you've had the high-end stuff it's hard to go back. xD

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Instructor
#39 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:28 PM
Classic rock music - All my friends just hate it but to me there's nothing better to listen to than that!

Ninja Turtles - yes it's childish but I simply love them! They're a flashback to my childhood where everything should be TMNT - PJs, clothes, slippers etc! Drove my mum crazy.

Sims 2 - I haven't found 1 friend who likes this game - most of them thinks it's a waste of time. *shakes head in disbelief*

Feel free to call me Squash

Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Squash-buddy-ven~
Sims 2 - I haven't found 1 friend who likes this game - most of them thinks it's a waste of time. *shakes head in disbelief*

Its the same here.

I haven't found one Sane Friend that likes TS2 as much as me. I also have NEVER met one person who downloads and creates CC or does Art/Story work with it, ever..

I find that Talking about TS2 in RL is just... Odd. Does anyone feel the same way?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:41 PM
petchy i do , none of my friends like it -

anyway brusel sprouts(sp?) i love them everyone likes ew- maybe cause they hav'nt tased my mums? but i adore them have them every sunday with my roast dinner

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
Its the same here.

I haven't found one Sane Friend that likes TS2 as much as me. I also have NEVER met one person who downloads and creates CC or does Art/Story work with it, ever..

I find that Talking about TS2 in RL is just... Odd. Does anyone feel the same way?

Yup, same here. The only person I know who sometimes plays the sims is my aweful little cousin and she doesn't know that there are downloads available ; that the sims aren't compatible with vista... I feel alone in my passion.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:59 PM
Male body hair. Maybe it's the European in me, lol. But seriously, I don't want my men all slippery and hairless like an oiled up dolphin fetus. I LOVE chest hair and beards (though not everyone can carry them, I concede).

Have to concur with broccoli. It's delicious.

The movie Waterworld with Kevin Costner.

Really low-fat butter. It's not a diet thing, I just love the plastic taste of it. Weird as hell, I know.

But people seriously, everyone loves classic rock - even as evidenced by this thread. You guys must be hanging with the wrong crowds!
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lillubibi
...cousin and she doesn't know that there are downloads available ; that the sims aren't compatible with vista... I feel alone in my passion.

I have vista..

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
Snakes.
Spiders. I just think they are cute, especially the big hairy ones. :P
All kinds of insects.
Toads.
Pitbulls.
Bikes. Give me a Harley, dammit!
Biker guys. I don't know why, there's just something about them.
Onions.
Wrestling. I have lots of male friends who love wrestling, but I have yet to meet a girl in RL that likes it.
Rain and thunderstorms.
Punk, metal and classic rock. DIO, Judas Priest, Rancid, The Casualties, Sex Pistols,... are IMO some of the best bands ever.

- // ::ƒяεaκza::\\ -
[¿ ] ♥ »» sªηī†y īs σ√εЯRª†εð
Instructor
#46 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
I have vista..

So do I. And the game works like a charm on my laptop. Haven't experienced any problems yet.

Feel free to call me Squash

Theorist
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:40 PM
Neither have I..

Lillubibi, You are an Oddball

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#48 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:43 PM
I have Vista and I like it. Not only does it run well, but it's much prettier than XP :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I have Vista and I like it. Not only does it run well, but it's much prettier than XP :D.

Especially the dreamscene wallpapers, if you have Vista Ultimate.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:41 PM
Brocolli...yum!!!

Call me Dana. :)
Dana's Sims - 100% free custom content
Page 2 of 7