Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Allow puppy kitten toddler riders

by dickhurt Posted 17th Oct 2008 at 2:57 PM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 10:48 PM by dickhurt : compatibility fixes added

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 3:03 PM Last edited by fway : 17th Oct 2008 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Adding feeback of conflict
This is just AMAZING! I've been waiting for something like this forever!

Edit: I just used the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and it appears to conflict with Pescado's phone hack, should I add a zPrefix to your hack or should I let his load after yours? Or should I completely take it out?

Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 3:23 PM
I'm really curious to see how this great hack will work in game. I think a lot of players have been waiting for such a hack. Thanks for sharing and all the work on it!
hexameter
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 4:01 PM
Is there a way that you could make versions of these hacks that don't require the game_edition_addon hack? I'm kinda concerned about putting that in my game since I don't really know what it does and this is the only hack that I want so far that requires it. If not, it's cool.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 5:59 PM
Phaenoh, the Game Edition package does not contain overrides, they are only some custom BHAVs Dickhurt is calling from his other hacks. They are in the global group only so that all his hacks can find them without him having to copy them all into each hack. The won't affect anything except the hacks of this creator, and other creators who specifically choose to use them.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 6:04 PM
Thanks for explaining that, Inge!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
I just used the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and it appears to conflict with Pescado's phone hack, should I add a zPrefix to your hack or should I let his load after yours? Or should I completely take it out?

Readme file already made a note of that. You can just add 'z' in front of my hack. The 1 conflict doesn't seem to be even related to the phone hack, so maybe Pes left it in from old times and then forgot it was even there. Both hacks do work together though.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:39 AM
I'm Curious... Does this allow infants also?

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
#9 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 3:22 AM
I don`t have Pets, but I do have DoubleDeluxe and a few Stuff packs, IKEA being the newest. Would this be of any use to me when I want Sims to go to a community lot without hiring a nanny?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:17 PM
Awesome...now I can build playgrounds and the whole family can go.
Thankies,
Zen

PS...just a quick question, from the other file I downloaded which parts do I use? Do I just need df_game_edition_addon.package or do I need to use the stuff in the folders too? Just asking...thankies!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 1:12 PM
You only need df_game_edition_addon.package. The other files are just for testing and for people writing their own mods.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 1:32 PM
Am I the only one who was hoping this would allow toddlers to ride on dogs and cats?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 2:04 PM
lol dan...I thought the same thing! But then...I immediately downloaded this, thinking of building playgrounds as well. This is great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
I don`t have Pets, but I do have DoubleDeluxe and a few Stuff packs, IKEA being the newest. Would this be of any use to me when I want Sims to go to a community lot without hiring a nanny?

IKEA should allow the hack to work for you even if you don't have the Pets expansion. So download the pets edition of my hack. It would allow your toddlers to go to the community lot with you and hopefully should eliminate the need for nannies.

Quote: Originally posted by TIYARN007
I'm Curious... Does this allow infants also?

no, it does not. I don't know if it is even possible for an adult to get into a vehicle while holding a baby. And the babies can't move on their own, so they definitely would need to be carried everywhere.
#15 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 9:36 PM
Thanks!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dickhurt
Readme file already made a note of that. You can just add 'z' in front of my hack. The 1 conflict doesn't seem to be even related to the phone hack, so maybe Pes left it in from old times and then forgot it was even there. Both hacks do work together though.

Very good to know, thank you! I just didn't want my game to fubar for having both of these in. XD

Scholar
#17 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 12:41 PM
This is great hack, much desired. I honestly believed that it just wasn't possible to have toddlers in cars, since from the start the community invented various work-arounds for this problem. We all wanted this and here it is! Such a nice surprise. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 1:15 PM
i always wanted to have a hack like that! it's just fabulous! thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 7:30 PM
If I wanted to uninstall this hack how would I do that? For some reason neither this one or the game addon show up in my downloads folder.

I really like this hack, but it may be causing my game to crash. I'm going to take it out (once I find out where it's hiding) and see if it is causing the crash or if something else is. Hopefully it's not this one! I've wanted this in my game for so long!

Thanks! =)
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:06 AM
my game dont crash but the toddler just sits there and the picture that means to go out comes and goes and nothing happens
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crystalbluefire09
If I wanted to uninstall this hack how would I do that?
I really like this hack, but it may be causing my game to crash.

It is possible that you put it in an Addons directory instead of Downloads. But it should not have moved around on its own.
Quote: Originally posted by Mackenzie
my game dont crash but the toddler just sits there and the picture that means to go out comes and goes and nothing happens

Is the toddler trapped upstairs or on a house with a foundation? Because toddlers can't get to the car if they need to go down stairs unless you have that other mod that lets them use stairs. Or else maybe you have another hack that is conflicting.
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 4:53 AM
Unfortunately, I can't use this: it conflicts seriously with Pescado's phonehack (game errors when a sim tries to call taxi), and since the annoyances that phonehack takes of my mind are far greater, I must give up this one.
There are no other conflicts but with phonehack in my game and I did put a "z" infront of this package name, and I even rebought the phones in the house where I tested this, but no help...
This really put me down
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:33 PM
Love this. Thankyou. Have not tried to call a taxi yet, but have had my sim mom walk to the park with her toddler twins. They all walked off the lot and appeared at the park in the same amount of time it would have taken without the toddlers. 'Just a reminder: for the toddlers to be able to leave the lot, they must be at the ground level since they can can't do stairs.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dickhurt
It is possible that you put it in an Addons directory instead of Downloads. But it should not have moved around on its own.

Okay, I found it. I'm just stupid. I looked through my downloads I don't know how many times and couldn't find it. I looked through it again today and there it was it! Right in front of my face the whole time. Haha! Sorry!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 9:11 PM
No the kid was by the car ill try and find out what mod is blocking it
Page 1 of 5