Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:28 AM Last edited by MTS2Staff : 22nd May 2008 at 9:24 AM.
Default End of the Victorian London Creator Challenge, and start of the next
First off, apologies to all for the delay in getting this done - that big-nosed bully known as RL has decided to pick on several staff members and drag them away from everything they'd much rather be doing.

We don't have as many nominations for Exceptional awards this month as usual, but all the nominations are fantastic - the poll can be found here.

You did pick Oriental in the previous poll to be the next theme... but as has always been said, we use your opinions as guidance. And this time we're ignoring your guidance . As such, the next theme will be Neanderthal, and the relevant Downloads area will be up shortly. We're not too fussed about the exact period defined by "Neanderthal" - unlike Victorian London, cavemen are cavemen! This challenge will end on (or around) the 20th of June.

The poll for the next theme is here.

It'd be fantastic to see some new creators taking part this month - so if you're bored, give it a go! Remember that it's not just those given Exceptional awards who get trophies.
16 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:48 AM
Interesting! I'll get creating right away.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:58 AM
ahahaha.... anything cavish is a go? lol. Doesn't have to be historically accurate?.... Like in Flintstones with dinosaurs and people inhabiting the same timelines? lol.... hm...... I'll have to squeeze some time in and get busy...
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#4 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:08 AM
Cool! Cavemen.
Instructor
#5 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:18 AM
Feel the Neanderthal, be the Neanderthal, work it, work it!

This is wearing my few remaining brain cells to the nucleus!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:28 AM
This should be fun! I might give it a shot
Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:38 AM
mmmmm does anybody know how to build a cavern? YES! V1ND1CARE sure knows!!
Theorist
#8 Old 18th May 2008 at 2:58 AM
mmmmmmmm, Neanderthal...
*Thinks*
I'll come, I'll enter this one

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:08 AM
Aw, so there's no hope of an oriental theme ever again?
Mm, well, neanderthal sounds interesting, even though there's already flintstone stuff...
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th May 2008 at 11:15 PM
Hey best theme set ever i think! now i have to start building a cave and a neanderthal villedge!!!!!!

I can do anything for anybody but i can only go to a great exstent
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th May 2008 at 2:41 PM
Egad!! I voted for Neanderthal, because I thought it would be so different than anything we already have. But it's so different that, now I can't think of a thing I can create for it, with my own pathetic abilities! Doh!

Can't wait to see cave dwellings!!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th May 2008 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moshi_moshi_suttato
Aw, so there's no hope of an oriental theme ever again?
Mm, well, neanderthal sounds interesting, even though there's already flintstone stuff...

yeah ?I would have liked oriental stuff because it is something you can use when you are making anything. neanderthal stuff, you can only really use when you are making a cave or something like that . You could have oriental stuff in a Parisien apartement, a medieval castle, or a modern loft but you cant have neanderthol stuff there! Will they ever be using the oriental theme again?
Wiki Wizard
#13 Old 19th May 2008 at 5:44 PM
Ooh i like this idea, i may give it a go as it sounds like some fun!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th May 2008 at 9:31 PM
cavemen? funny!
do you know that the last science studies suggest that Neanderthal: 1. already lived in Europe when Homo Sapiens came from Africa; 2. may have been cannibal (corps eaten for hunger - Spanish discovery); 3. had long and thin faces if nordic (Germany), larger faces if southern (Spain, Italy); 4. could speak, but not pronounce the vocals 'a' 'i' 'u'; 5. likely was red haired and white skinned (studies from Spanish and Italian rests); 6. was quite similar to modern man.... ugh ugh

go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal and read good pieces about Neanderthal - from there you can jump to the links inside the pages
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th May 2008 at 10:54 PM
ahaha... sounds like some modern humans I know...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 19th May 2008 at 11:04 PM
Hmmm...How to do Neanderthal in 1 lot? This shall be a challenge in more ways than 1. Seeing that I will only submit 1 lot, I have to think of something fabulous, unique and totally Neanderthal! **Ungah Bungah!**

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#17 Old 20th May 2008 at 1:21 AM
The complications are mind-boggling, Steph.

Neanderthals do not use bath tubs, toilets, fridges, stoves, microwaves, countertops, tables, chairs, pianos, books...hah HA! It's so funny.

I VERY much look forward to seeing what people come up with.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th May 2008 at 6:22 AM
Whoa. Neanderthal? Man, I missed the last challenges, I better try to make it for this one. Hmmm... maybe a sim of my husband? lol
That would be pretty close to a caveman! Right, dear? JK Good luck everyone, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th May 2008 at 1:53 PM
What a challenge! - As a builder my mind is really blank now! - Meh! -!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonie
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:56 PM
Aligeth...I didn't even think of those things...

I think the true fun comes in the objects that are created for this challenge as replacements for the "standard" and "modern" objects are sure to be a definite challenge.

While lot creators, clothing designers and Sim creators also have a challenge, it would be great if the object creators would inspire *hint, hint* us first!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th May 2008 at 10:32 PM
Cavemen. It's terrific This time my mind is totally empty (school ), but I'll try to do something

;
#22 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:51 PM
One Question: I usally miss this, but when does this challenge end?

Anyways, I know I will be taking alot of inspiration from Sims Castaway Stories, which I just got and I can't stop playing and My sister is starting to get mad cause I am using her computer. Anywho, I am not a mesher, but maybe someone could use some of the castaway ideas. *hint hint* Anyways, its nice to see something different for the theme, but I have to say this one is going to be a challenge...

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 22nd May 2008 at 9:22 AM
Eek, forgot to put that in the post. Thankyou for the reminder!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#24 Old 23rd May 2008 at 3:50 AM
AnyTime, thanks for the update!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:27 PM
I have a question. Im new to MTS2, even though Im here EVERYDAY!! Ive never really wondered about the challenges/Themes. I knew creators had catagories but I didnt actually know what it was until a few minutes ago. I also just voted for the next one. I would like to try this out, but of course Ive never made anything yet, so we'll see. But my question is do we actually have to sign up or something or do we just start working on stuff right away?? And do creators but their stuff up for others to look at or does that just happen after the challenge is over? Im sorry for the questions but I had no idea what this is about or any of the rules on it. I will look for rules after posting this.
Thanks
Tonya
Page 1 of 2