Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 2:58 PM
klaw444 - You make these changes on the actual mesh file, not recolours.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:48 PM
Thanks.

Klaw444
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 6:31 PM
Zomg, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for making this tutorial, and making it so easy to understand! =]

I have only one question. I can't tell if Ren's custom elf ear earrings are showing up completely...How can I explain? Hm...ok, I do everything on your tutorial, but when I click on the "Geometric Data Container (GMDC) (#)" of the first part for the earrings, there are more than one GMDC's listed below. The problem is that only the top file, louis_ac01, is checkmarked. (There are also more than one louis_ac01 GMDC's under it, but only the top one is checked) The other GMDC's are there, but left unchecked.

The part says it needs a louis_ac02, and I see some louis_ac02 GMDC's listed there, but only the louis_ac01 is checked. Should I checkmark one of the louis_ac02's? If so, which one? =\

I can put a screenshot up if I didn't do a good job explaining there. =P

EDIT: I just noticed that many of the parts in the earring have the GMDC's listed there, but not checked. Is that a problem?

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 6:45 PM
Checkmarks are irrelevant. Don't worry about them - just what's listed. Pretend the checkmarks aren't even there.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Checkmarks are irrelevant. Don't worry about them - just what's listed. Pretend the checkmarks aren't even there.

Oh, as long as they're there. Thank you! I fixed more than just the ears now, and so far everything is working. ^____^

You're the best, I can't thank you enough!

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:05 PM
Is there any workaround with my earrings? kisamore93's question was also left unanswered...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:20 PM
Sulphur - Those earrings are definitely non-standard as the textures are in with the mesh. I know doing that with body meshes and suchlike can cause issues... They're really made, well, wrong by the creator.

You might be able to fix it by extracting the four mesh parts (GMDC, GMND, CRES, and SHPE) from the original file (right-click, extract) and saving them elsewhere. Then delete them from the original file (right-click, delete) and save. Create a new file (File - New) and in the resource list, right-click and Add. Select the four extracted parts whereever you saved them to, and it'll add them to the file. Save it as a new file separate from the recolour.

That's all I can think of.

Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 5:42 PM
Thank you for the most clearly worded, easily followed explanation I've ever seen.
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 7:33 PM
Thanks!!

with your guide I can now fixed my blue accessories
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 11:28 AM Last edited by HellhoundCerberus : 9th Mar 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Hello, I'm very new to this modding business and I'm stuck on the very first step. Could you please provide me with more step-by-step instructions on how to open the file that I want to fix? I tried to open the file that I wanted to fix but the screen looks nothing like the one in the manual. Just so you know I am currently using v0.72 of SimPE.

Edit: Ahhhh, nevermind. I made the mistake of not opening the mesh file. My bad.

Edit: Now that I've fully understood the instructions I want to thank you for making available the instructions needed to remove those flashing blue eyesores.
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:39 AM
I am having a problem with objects flashing blue. If someone could help me with it that would be great. I have gone through the tutorial and don't know what is missing to add to the placeholder.obj file. The objects in question are: A set of misc Punk/emo jewellery by Vxen. This is the link to the set (http://hideki.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=241678&c=1) and 3D Lashes recolors of mesh by rose (http://www.simsoverdrive.com/downloads/makeup.html) This is the link to the Mesh by Rose (http://rosesims2.net/sims2/Accessor...essories_10.htm (the mesh is on the top row third from the left is says 8 color eyelash) Thank you in advance.
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:23 PM
Okay I really need help.. I went through this tutorial with the Ren's elf ears and did step by step exactly what was said, and my ears STILL flash blue, so there should of been no mess up since I did EXACTLY what was written. I REALLY want to use these ears but I can't stand the flashing blue butterfly effect. Can you please help me fix it or tell me (if I did) make a mistake?
Also, I DID go back a second and third time over the tutorial to make SURE I didn't make a mistake and I'm pretty certain I haven't but they still flash blue. Any help would be MUCH appreciated I thank you in advance!!

...I am the lie living for you, so you can hide.
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 3:01 PM
Thank you for the tutorial. I was starting to go a little batty with the floating blue mp3 players and such whenever I load a new game.

side note:
I've been fixing messed up accessories for the last three hours, and all I have to say is "It's official, there is not a single accessory that I have seen from rose that doesn't need to be fixed. And rose has a LOT of accessories."

Would it be a bad idea to save my fellow download-junkies the hassle, and just upload a file of fixed rose accessory meshes once I finish going through and correcting these?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 1st May 2009 at 7:49 PM
Thanks a lot for this tute that I discovered when I re-downloaded generalzoi's vampire fangs as they were flashing blue. Like many others I stopped using accessories for my Sims, because it's truly annoying.

BTW I have recolours of generalzoi's pirate tricorn and they flashed blue. So I needed to fix generalzoi's mesh and now all is OK !

Somebody wrote that rosesims' accessories do flash blue. I fixed a few meshes. If interested, the mesh parts missing to add to the placeholder are each time : lens and rim.

It's the very first time I modified meshes, but I was a little confused on the explanations for the missing parts of a mesh. I needed to read several times. Also as I'm not used at all to handle tools for meshes, I thought I needed to download an extra programme to open the placerholder file.

Anyway thanks ! And if some who have time could fix more accessories meshes it'd be great. I think that a few jewels from peggy are also flashing blue like one pink feather necklace/earrings set.

Quote: Originally posted by obsesssion
Okay I really need help.. I went through this tutorial with the Ren's elf ears and did step by step exactly what was said, and my ears STILL flash blue, so there should of been no mess up since I did EXACTLY what was written. I REALLY want to use these ears but I can't stand the flashing blue butterfly effect. Can you please help me fix it or tell me (if I did) make a mistake?
Also, I DID go back a second and third time over the tutorial to make SURE I didn't make a mistake and I'm pretty certain I haven't but they still flash blue. Any help would be MUCH appreciated I thank you in advance!!

If that flashes still blue maybe you missed adding to the placeholder the missing parts of a few more GMDCs and maybe to click commit after having added each. I'd say that in this case it's better to redo the whole process and to not forget to click on Commit after each single change to validate before saving the whole modified mesh file.
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
I noticed that BuggyBooz's new shakerlicious kitchen set is flashing blue in my game, but I haven't heard it flashing blue in other people's. What could be happening?
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:46 AM
Thankies sooo much. You're a life saver!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:59 AM
smuckmuffin - That really doesn't relate to this, but I think her kitchen is tied to one of her previous sets - if you check her post, she should say which one, so you can download it. It's a repository set, so it requires some other files to get its textures from.

Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:22 AM
First of all, thank you for a wonderful, easy to follow tutorial.

Okay I read this entire post and I also have a question about eyelashes and extra files that was unanswered.

The rose eyelashes have 4 files that say "frame" in the GMDC and it says "lens" "frame" and "rim" in SHPE. So basically, the mesh needs 3 different files and instead has 4 of the same file. What does this mean? What do I do about it? Can I just delete the extra frame files and add lens and rim? Will that unravel the fabric of the universe?

Same thing with peggy eyelashes, it says it needs 2 different files and instead has 2 of the same file. I love eyelash accessories! Please help!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
RoyalT - Leave any existing ones. Add a new one (or multiple new ones) named the same as any missing ones. Duplicates are fine - missing ones are not.

Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:16 AM
Thank you thank you thank you
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:42 AM
Thank you, much appreciated.
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:51 AM
awesome!! My accessories work for approx. 1 hour Sim-time then they start flashing blue!! Weird eh? Im gonna follow this tutorial word for word!!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:10 AM
i am working on the prida glasses mesh..it list that i have two missing parts which are frame and lens..i am able to fix the frame but how do i fix the lens?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:46 PM
Wow! Thanks a lot for making this tutorial. It always annoyed me very much. I thought that it's only my problem and something's wrong with my graphic card or my game.
Anyway, I'm upset that it won't fix my other (and even more annoying) problem with snow - when there is snow on the ground, at night it starts flashing blue! I've got the headache when I see it! I don't know what to do. I tried to 'throw out' all my downloads, download all the patches, reinstall the game, and it doesn't work. Maybe someone have had the same problem and could help me?
Field Researcher
#75 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:09 AM
1 0f my chairs flashes blue...

Garbage Isn't a wierd band, Garbage is an Immensely talented Group of strange people.
Quote:
"No, I'm not Shirley the girl, I'm the woman on MTV with the big boots." - Shirley Manson
Page 3 of 6