Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Rose Colored Glasses Went Out with the 70's- Default Replacements for Maxis Glasses

by Phaenoh Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 9:50 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:51 PM by Phaenoh

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 9:58 PM
You totally rock. I've been avoiding all the stupid maxis glasses forever... Also annoying - my own glasses look identical to the ones that prompted your librarian comment (and prompted me to apply to a librarianship course... :P), and I've always hated the game for not giving me MY glasses with clear lenses...

In short, I know the year's just begun, but you've made it for me. :D
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 10:11 PM
Oh, yes! Thank you.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 10:33 PM
Thanks Phae Great replacements of hideous 70's glasses.

Oh and a (?) about the whole plaid convo...

How do you use/export textures?

Thanks!

~Alex

Quote:
Honest Harry they're brains! Look!

*sigh* poor, silly, misguided Ron
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 11:16 PM
Thank you SO much! You have no idea how happy this makes me. I wear glasses, so it naturally bugged me that the maxis glasses were so stupid looking.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 11:52 PM
Huzzuh! Something I've been wanting without realizing I'd been wanting it! Can't wait to give it a try! Phae, you're a genius! :D

I have gone out to find myself. If you see me before I get back, please let me know where I'll be.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:02 AM
O.O you are my god. thank you so much!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:08 AM
I never thought about that... I always used the frameless glasses for normals. These replacements really look nice! I occasionally used the ones in 1st and 3rd pic but I don't think I'll miss them.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:15 AM
Wow thank you! I always thought the frames looked decent, but never with the colored lenses.

Great job thanks!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:53 AM
Thanks for leaving comments everyone! Love hearing from you!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:56 AM
Wow, very nice. Finally, normal looking glasses! I just got glasses too, so this will be very helpful for simming myself

Please. DON'T ask me who Frazier is, or I'll hurt you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:30 AM
These are exactly what I was after today. Thank you
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:45 AM
Thank you for once again reading my mind. Awesome.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:20 AM
Thank you SO much. I barely ever have sims with glasses because the maxis ones were mostly all tinted and I haven't really gotten myself to look for custom ones. So thanks a lot for these :3

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Instructor
#15 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:22 AM
Oh, thank you, thank you for these! And all your other great default replacements! Man, my game would be so much less fun without you!

pureheart
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:31 AM
I've always known there was SOMETHING strange about those glasses, thanks so much!

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:47 AM
Awesome! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

:D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 4:13 AM
Glory be! I've been wanting this for a very long time.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 4:39 AM
am i halucinating, or did somebody just make my YEAR

yes, she did it, she did it! and on the eve of the release of sims 3! (funny how these things work out, all the best stuff happens to things that will soon be outdated. oh well...)

sorry for getting off topic, but these are a life saver. literaly, i was choking to death at how ugly the maxis glasses were. so thanks again

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:18 AM
You are snazzy like bacon sammiches. So needed, and so useful!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:28 AM
Very Useful, Thanks!

I hardly ever use the 'rose colored' glasses. Glad to have replacements.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:43 AM
I've always wondered who on earth uses those coloured glasses. Thanks. :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:46 AM
Got to admit, I never used these glasses. Never.
Thank you so much for the very nice looking replacements ^^
Alchemist
#24 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:39 PM
Thank you, Phaenoh!
I've always felt the same way about the Maxis glasses, and have just not used them much because of it. I thank you so much for everything you've done to make things that are sitting useless in the game into really great & useful stuff.
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:28 PM
Oh this is wonderful Phaenoh ! I guess now my simmies will have lots of glass ! Thank you !!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Page 1 of 6