Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enchanted Cove: Versatile Neighborhood!

by enchantedw0lf Posted 6th Mar 2009 at 4:12 PM

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:32 PM Last edited by destuana : 13th Dec 2007 at 5:16 AM.
This is great! One of those neighbourhoods where Sims can go to the beach in Summer, the mountains in Autumn, the lake in Spring, and stay inside enjoying the view in Winter! Thank-you!

PS: Maybe you could include photos of the neighbourhood in different terrain types? Because at the moment there's only a photo of it as lush. Since I've already downloaded it I can do it for myself, but it might be handy for the next people to download if those were included. Thanks again for a wonderful neighbourhood!

I have the right to act my shoe size.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:42 PM
This Neighboorhood is GIGANTIC!
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:52 PM
It looks lovely and easily adaptable to any playing style. I like the two lakes and, as a builder, totally love the many slots near the sea. Thank you for sharing, good job
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:02 PM
i just love this neighborhood!!! :lovestruc really good work!
i will use it for my next city! thanks a lot!!!
Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:12 PM
Absolutly gorgeous! Thanks,
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:22 PM
It is beautiful. This may be the first neighborhood that has ever been a "must have" for me.
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:32 PM
Fabulous neighborhood -- very versatile. Thank you for sharing with us.

Any chance you would offer your decorated hood as a download option? I like how you placed the trees....

pureheart
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:42 PM
Oh this is going to be my new winter elf world. Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:52 PM
Nice job, thanks.

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:02 PM
This is absolutely beautiful! I don't download new neighborhoods often, but I really like this one because it has so many different locations, and thus, options for buildings. I'm getting ideas for new houses just looking at it!

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:12 PM Last edited by enchantedw0lf : 14th Dec 2007 at 12:01 AM.
Wow! I am overwhelmed! I appreciate the feedback so much. You all are fantastic. I am so pleased that you like it. It's scary to put something out there for the first time, and now I am so glad that I did! :lovestruc

Pureheart: I have no idea how to do that, but will look into it for you. I know I have downloaded a 'hood before that had a seperate file that you put into the Neighborhood folder, so I'll check that out...

Destuana: You are absolutely right. I will get those tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: Destauana, I have uploaded the photos of the different terrain types. Links are at the bottom of the original post. Thanks for the suggestion!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:22 PM
Amazing! It really is versatile!
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:32 PM
Very nicely done....well thought out layout! Thank you for sharing it.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:42 PM
very nice it's compatible with beach lots is it?
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:52 PM
WOW!!! EnchantedwOlf... I'm speechless. That is quite an awesome neighbourhood.

I'm getting it right away.
Thank you so very, very much :lovestruc

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:02 PM
This is going to be my favorite!
Thanks! It's absolutly amazing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:12 PM
Lasciel: Yes! There is a ton of space for beach lots!

Nengi: You're the best! I'm glad you like it. *huggles*

Nohan: I'm a huge fan of yours too, so I am going to take that as a compliment.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:22 PM
This is truly one of the nicest 'hoods I've seen in a while. I'm very selective about which ones I download since I have so darn many, but I've got to have this one! Thanks for a great 'hood! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:32 PM Last edited by enchantedw0lf : 15th Dec 2007 at 11:46 PM.
Enchanted Cove Decorations!!!
By Request: Here's a file that contains the instructions and the .package file to use if you want all the decorations in my 'hood to show up in yours. Now, please remember that this neighborhood is my first upload, so bear with me. I am learning. I have tested this several times and it works if you follow the instructions in the file!

A WORD OF WARNING:
In my neighborhood, I already have a few beach lots placed with decorations around them. When I installed this on a new, blank neighborhood, the areas where the beach lots were at, still showed up in the blank 'hood, only there were no lots there. I am able to place beach lots on them, and next to them without issues. But, I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS WILL EFFECT YOUR GAME IF YOU ALREADY HAVE BEACH LOTS DOWN! I am taking no responsibility for any ill-effects this might cause. To prevent permanent damage... ALWAYS backup your neighborhood to somewhere safe so that you can revert to that if you are not satisfied with the results! You have been warned.

I hope you enjoy my neighborhood and, as always, let me know what you think!

~Enchantedw0lf~

EDIT: The decorations will require Bon Voyage and Seasons. I am not sure if any other EP or SP is needed. I have all installed.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Enchanted Cove Decorations Package.rar (546.2 KB, 981 downloads)
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:42 PM
THANK YOU so much for adding the decorations package, enchantedw0lf! I plan to carve out some time later to day to upload -- I'll let you know how it turns out.

I think this is one of the best neighborhoods I've ever seen and cannot wait to populate it with favorite sims.

thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing it with us.

pureheart
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:52 PM
Thanks so much! I love how there is so much land to work on! I like this very much! :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:02 PM
I just have a couple of answers to your unknowns in the guide. First I do believe the reason you have to restart is because of Vista. Second, the reason it's name is Enchanted Cove is it's basically taking your neighborhood (lots and sims excluded) and overwriting the other one. So since your's was named Enchanted Cove, the name in the other people's game will be called Enchanted Cove.

Also, this doesn't have to be done with the enchanted cove neighborhood template, just use any old neighborhood template and it'll be fine. (Note: For those who didn't derive this from the message: IF YOU HAVE PLACED ANY LOTS OR DECORATIONS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD THEY WILL BE GONE, REPLACING THE NEIGHBORHOOD WILL ALSO DELETE ALL SIMS FROM IT ((At least those in the family bin, if you make a suburb neighborhood with sims in it I don't know how that will affect it)). )

Now, Enchantedw0lf, this is a great template, thanks very much for it, and I like the decor as well.

[Insert witty and hilarious signature here]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:12 PM
Fantastic information, Arialonomus! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:22 PM
I just LOVE you Neighborhood! :lovestruc

One question though...
Seams I cannot put my already built beachlots in this hood. I can only biuld a beachlot from scratch. How come? And what to do to be able to put the prebuilt lots?
Page 1 of 3