Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

FULLY Functional Popcorn Vending Machine - UPDATE Oct 06 - Candy Floss Machine added

by AbstractSIMmer187 Posted 6th Oct 2007 at 1:25 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 4:05 PM by -Maylin-

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:28 PM
Candy Floss Machine Added
Another Lost and found item from the "Circus Stuff Pack, The Stuff Pack You Never Heard Of"

This one isn't animated, only decorative, enjoy

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Cotton Candy Machine.rar (124.6 KB, 705 downloads)

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:33 PM
They're nice, but could you please do a Simlish recolor?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:33 PM
wow! both items are just fabulous!!! especially the popcorn vending machine!!! it's great that it runs with the base game!!! thank u so much, abstract!!! :D
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 1:53 PM
Great! what a pity that this project didn't go well, but thank you for sharing these two items. The popcorn vending machine will add an happy touch to community lots such as parks or seaside shopping centres. Thanks again and ciao!
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 2:00 PM Last edited by rebecah : 7th Oct 2007 at 5:54 AM.
Wow, these are fantastic Abstract! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us. Thanks to Echo for coding the item. It is sad the project didn't take off as it was a great idea. These will be a very, nice addition to the items Echo created for her circus.

I just thought you should know these don't show up in base game. They don't crash the game to have them in the download directory though. I did find it is a base game item and it maybe just my computer that it doesn't show up in.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 3:57 PM
OMG so cute!thanx so much u both 4 amazing and wonderful work!

p.s. please make candy mashine with animation in the future,cause it looks very yummy and sweeeeet i want to try it ^_^
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 4:19 PM
Thank you! This is awesome! It will go with my other circus things.And it's animated cool!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 5:06 PM
Looking great Travis, thanks for sharing this!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 5:27 PM
Looks like you and Echo are a great team! Thanks for this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:17 PM
Very nice. Beautiful for Hollyday. Thank you
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:32 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 7th Oct 2007 at 4:49 AM. Reason: Naughty...
OMG HOW CUTE! Sim Pop, that's sweet! I amm very picky about downloads now, as I have thousands, but this is one I ain't passin' up!

~Sarah~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 6:56 PM
They're adorable, adorable, adorable. Five stars. No recolours needed (I see you say you're BUSY!!!!!)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 8:19 PM
I've been wanting something like this for so long! Thank you! And I'd love to see someone animate the candy floss one!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Scholar
#15 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 10:08 PM
Cool creation ! Thank you Travis !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Instructor
#16 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:28 AM
oh wowl this is SO AWESOME! thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:16 AM
That popcorn machine is definitely a great item, but I have a few critiques I have to mention:

1. The biggest issue for me is that the textures are quite bland (compared to Maxis objects, which are cartoony, but still have some degree of realism) and even somewhat muddy is some areas- especially around the text... it just seems really blurry to me.

2. On the topic of the text, i'm one of those nuts who just has to have Simlish in my game. For an item like this, i'm willing to make an exception, but some of the writing just made me go "WTF?"- for example, in the second screenshot, it says "Mr Pop", except the "Pop" part is backwards for some reason, so it reads as "Mr qoq", which when sounded out, sounds a little bit rude. You might wanna look into that.
Scholar
#18 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 2:43 AM
This is a longed for object for me. It will be great in my moviehouses! Thank you.

danburite2 If you just have to have Simlish then don't download the object. Have you ever made anything? You have no idea how much hard work goes into something like this. It annoys me to no end when people such as yourself offer your "critiques" as if the creator is being paid to please you. This is the kind of comment that's turns many creators off. They don't have to share their objects and efforts. If you want perfect "Maxis" objects, buy the stuff packs. Oh and if you have actually made something, please share it with all of us.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
danburite2 If you just have to have Simlish then don't download the object. Have you ever made anything? You have no idea how much hard work goes into something like this. It annoys me to no end when people such as yourself offer your "critiques" as if the creator is being paid to please you. This is the kind of comment that's turns many creators off. They don't have to share their objects and efforts. If you want perfect "Maxis" objects, buy the stuff packs. Oh and if you have actually made something, please share it with all of us.

I also agree with this, its sad to see how many people come out of the wood work to make sure a creator is told that they don't like how their object looks.
I know for a fact that so many creators here got so tired of people's complaints and just quit sharing their work.
You should be happy to see such great work shared with you and leave the complaining in your own home where it might serve you well.
Thanks for such a great object and we are going to have fun with popcorn in our game.
You two are fantastic creators and sure have brought quality things and fun to our games.
Thank You both.
Alchemist
#20 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 5:41 AM
I love your popcorn object. Thank for making it available for us. :lovestruc

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 6:14 AM
Absolutly fantastic! Thankyou
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#22 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:38 AM
Really lovely looking items Travis.

Gizmo and Mendota, remember that there's nothing wrong with someone giving constructive criticism like danburite has, so long as it is constructive. Saying "It's ugly and I hate it" would not be constructive. Nor would "Why didn't you make it blue, I want a blue one!". Constructive comments are the sort that a creator can read and take into account in future creations, even if they don't immediately apply them in the current creation.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 8:40 AM
I can't unrar this file ;|

< .So Paint It Black And Take It Black. >
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danburite2
That popcorn machine is definitely a great item, but I have a few critiques I have to mention:

1. The biggest issue for me is that the textures are quite bland (compared to Maxis objects, which are cartoony, but still have some degree of realism) and even somewhat muddy is some areas- especially around the text... it just seems really blurry to me.

2. On the topic of the text, i'm one of those nuts who just has to have Simlish in my game. For an item like this, i'm willing to make an exception, but some of the writing just made me go "WTF?"- for example, in the second screenshot, it says "Mr Pop", except the "Pop" part is backwards for some reason, so it reads as "Mr qoq", which when sounded out, sounds a little bit rude. You might wanna look into that.

All i can see is, get your hands on recoloring this object so its suits your tastes

Thanks you everyone for your comments!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 9:34 AM
Thank you so much!!
I love Popcorn, my Sims will too :-)))
Page 1 of 4