Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 16 [NL+OfB] -- Home Business (converted warehouse with small ruin)

by plasticbox Posted 27th Jan 2007 at 3:50 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 9:58 PM by plasticbox

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 4:45 AM
Another great urband lot! Thank you plasticbox!

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 5:21 AM
Very nice industrial lot, plasticbox.

Herald Between Two Lands
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 5:21 AM
Yet another one of your wonderful urban lots! Thanks alot! ^^;''
These all so unique and beautiful. Thank you for putting them up.
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:08 AM
This is great; thanks for sharing

Formerly known as boolPropped
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 10:05 AM
It's so realistic. I agree with you, this lot has a "bizarre" look but with absolutely positive meaning. You guessed the urban touch.
I'd love to visite the ruined building, i wonder if i could find some ruined furniture, an old bookcase, paintings, cartoon boxes, and more misterious things. Thank you, it's really good. ciao ciao
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 1:31 PM
lamamma, I can only do so much with just the Maxis items (so, no ruined furniture =) ... but you should definitely find *some*thing in the ruin.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 6:00 PM
Quote:
... but you should definitely find *some*thing in the ruin.

Oh dear, there goes another evening with the family. I'll just have to install this little treasure into the new neighbourhood to see what lurks therein... Many thanks, plasticbox, as always.
Alchemist
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
lamamma, I can only do so much with just the Maxis items (so, no ruined furniture =) ... but you should definitely find *some*thing in the ruin.

Hi plasticbox, actually I've found something there! the right details for a "ruin"
I do not say what, others would discover by themselves. THANK YOU and ciao.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:56 AM
Amazing lot... I love it. Thanks fo sharing.

All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:29 PM
Thank-you Love
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:33 PM
Hi Plasticbox, I downloaded this whole series and created an entire neighbourhood with it. Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, I had an issue with this lot when I called the gardener and about 15 gardeners were spawned - all different NPCs. I've never had this happen in my game before and read it was something to do with portals. Also, my sims complain at the 'door' to the ruin as though something is blocking their way when they try to get in.
I have not done anything to the lot except activate it as a home business and set the shop items for sale, incorporate a bathroom in the basement area and added furniture to create a bedroom. I've also moved the maple tree from the ruin because I have seasons and my sims could not get to the leaves to rake and put 3 fruit trees in the garden.
I was just wondering do you have any insight on the multiple gardeners issue?

Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 6:52 PM
butterly,

The gardeners issue I've had myself a long time ago -- as far as I recall, it's not caused by something on the lot directly but can happen anytime on any lot. I don't remember the details very well, except that the issue arose in my game after I had been playing that house for more than one generation ... at the time I had the problem I bulldozed the lot and then installed this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...=0&page=2&pp=25 to prevent further problems.

Is your game patched?

As for the ruin, yes the door could very well be blocked (perhaps by the slanted ceiling?). It's not built for functionality or to be used as is, since it's a ruin anyway =).

Sorry about the Seasons issues, I don't have Seasons myself and at the time I built this I knew nothing about leaf raking.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 9:47 PM
Hi plasticbox,
Thanks for the response. Well, I was determined to keep this lot because it's great fun so I played through until the gardener was due to come again. This time only one gardener came and worked as normal, no problems. I have researched the 'hoard of gardeners' issue more and it seems a very random occurrence generally so I will just hope it doesn't happen again.
Thanks for the link. My game is fully patched and apparently the patches *should* supercede the fix you linked to, but I have read of others having the issue occasionally still. Please, no apologies are required for anything, I know the game constantly changes with EPs and patches etc. I only mentioned the things I had done to the lot in case they may have affected any of your building techniques.
All seems well now and I am really loving this neighbourhood!
An aside - do you have an idea of how many of this series you will eventually make?

Thanks again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butterly
All seems well now and I am really loving this neighbourhood!
An aside - do you have an idea of how many of this series you will eventually make?

Good to hear it's working now =)

and no, I can't foresee how many lots I'm going to make. Sometimes I have the time and "brain-space" to play games and build sim houses, sometimes not .. in the next couple of weeks I don't think I'll upload much (too many interesting things going on in RL =). But I'm still interested in the city theme, so next time I build anything it's very likely going to be Backdoor Lane.

Scholar
#16 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 8:20 AM
Thank you again. Another thing that makes your houses so perfect: You don't need tons of custom content!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:23 AM
A fantastic little house - I love it.

One thing I noticed: when I downloaded it, the trash can was stuck inside the ruins. I know there are a couple on the lot, but apparently that particular one was the one all my Sims wanted to use.

I moved it out by the back steps and then everything was fine - and nobody was leaving garbage piles by the ruins anymore!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 3:21 AM
Wonderful!

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 4:34 AM
I went a little silly yesterday and downloaded most of your Backdoor lots. I love that they have so little CC. I wanted to have a shed in good repair on this lot instead of the ruined one. However, it seems to be impossible (or maybe I'm just not talented enough) to get rid of the roof made of floor tiles. Any ideas?

EPs I have: All of them! OMG, Ultimate Collection!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 4:48 AM
melethana, this has been explained to you already in the thread you made in Build Mode. Please stick to one thread.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:41 PM
duck74, please *read* the thread in Build Mode that you've already posted in ..

Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:36 AM
Loving the warehouse. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:15 PM
Thanks to your ninja sim skillz, my neighborhood now has an abandoned, decrepit downtown, as all the sims fled for the suburbs 20 years ago!
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:15 AM
Thank you for this nice lot!
Page 1 of 2