Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 9:55 PM Last edited by Numenor : 9th Jul 2006 at 10:02 PM.
Gimme a "D"! Gimme an "E"!... Delphy, Delphy, Yeah!!!

A question: I'm currently member of several modding teams (the huge ones are "The Mod Squad" and "The Dream Team", plus a couple of two-persons modding teams: "MaryLou & Numenor" and "Dynamic Duo"); in my profile, only The Mod Squad appears.
Is it because some modding teams are still to be "labeled" as teams? If so, can we have a checkbox or something in the team profile to set it as "team"? This way, you don't have to do everything by yourself...

Another question: will the uploads of the team appear in the list of each team member? And what about the "thanks" given to the team?

Please don't think I'm criticizing anything I'm more than happy with the current situation, and I heartly thank you for the huge work that I know hides "behind the scenes"

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 10:11 PM
Numenor, it's becuase of the way the modding "group" works - essentially it's a usergroup within vBulletin so it's great for the larger groups but unfortunately not for the smaller 2 or 3 person collaboration efforts.

Uploads for the team currently only appear on the teams page, but thats a good idea to show them on the individual creators page too. Thanks, too, are only given to the team as a whole and not individually.

I know it's not a perfect system, especially given the great objects and items people seem to produce when working as a team, but it would essentially require me to either completely rewrite the usergroup code, or have some sort of inspiration in terms of how a "modding group" is defined. So far I have some ideas in my head but I need to think about it a bit more for things to settle into place so I can actually start coding. Input would be appreciated in the super sekrit areas about this.

ediblemalfoy, the upload page/system itself is next on my list of things to revamp so don't worry, it'll get done.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#28 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:02 PM
I fear that the 10 upload rule will mean that a lot of people will just throw up ten crappy uploads in order to get a journal. I would hate to see MTS2 become like another unnamed website where people upload random crap in order to get free downloads. Are there any quality checks as far as the requirements go?

Also, I like the idea that journals are only allowed for contributors. For one, this site isn't live journal or myspace. A journal can keep people updated on developments and projects to do with the sims, not just a place to post and chat with your friends. There are other places for that. Call it elitist if you will, its better than the alternative.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#29 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liegenschonheit
I fear that the 10 upload rule will mean that a lot of people will just throw up ten crappy uploads in order to get a journal. I would hate to see MTS2 become like another unnamed website where people upload random crap in order to get free downloads. Are there any quality checks as far as the requirements go?

Perhaps the number of rating/stars or downloads for each of the 10 uploads? Better items usually get downloaded more, but then this might cause people to beg for downloads and stars.

I really like the direction this site is headed and all the work that has been done to make it better and better.

Assuming that journal entries can be deleted by the user for whom they belong to, would this be a means for people to say things such as "I will be going someplace this weekend and will not be working on this project, please be patient" (then deleting the entry after the fact)? Just curious.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#30 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:04 AM
I have two questions:

1. When I tried to submit a journal entry this notice came up: Oops! Maintenance mode!
MTS2 is currently offline for maintenance. Please be patient while it comes back up
. <~~~Is this the message we are supposed to receive when we first start the journal because it has not been approved yet?

2. Are we allowed to include pictures in our journals?

Thanks!
Christine

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:26 AM Last edited by shotgun_mary : 10th Jul 2006 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Oh yeah one more thing
Quote: Originally posted by liegenschonheit

I think the moderation procecss will screen out any downloads that aren't acceptable. Besides it may inspire more people to create more cool things for us to download.

Also, can we edit our journal posts that we've already posted? I looked around to find an option so I could fix a post I messed up but couldn't find anything.

AND I think it counts when I view my journal as part of the number of views my journal has, is it really that way or am I just crazy?
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:55 AM
Can I ask how you view someone's journal? When I click on someones profile, there's no option to view journal, maybe I'm being dense though :p

Edit :- Nay matter, I was looking at someone who hasn't started their journal yet, hence why there was no option to view *smacks head*
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 1:40 AM
That's a great feature although i must admit i did interpret it wrong (maybe because i wasnt exactly sure what a journal was).So i did a test journal to see how it will work and when i clicked at the submit button it said " your post must be most 1000 characters" something like that, so i thought it was rejected but i see now that it is in moderation queue.I Hope it gets rejected as i wrote it right after the World cup Final and wrote my thoughts about it. Duh me... lol

Thanks for this helpful addon and i am really curious to see the upcoming features you mention.

You will find my older and newest creations here
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#34 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 7:46 AM
Can a member of staff or similar start a fake journal so we can look at it to get an idea what it will be like (and how we can find them)?
Part-time Hermit
#35 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:21 AM
Inge, if you look at Delphy's profile, for example, you should see a link to his journal.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:39 AM
User Tools -> Journal Index, will give you a list of all journals started so far.

mary, yes it counts when you view your own journal, also there should be an edit button on the bottom right of the entries on your journal.

Scholar
#37 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 10:31 AM
I like the new features
not sure that I'll have a journal, as I never really know what my next project will be until I make it lol.
It will be interesting to read other journals though. I too, have my favourite creators, who's downloads, tutorials and hacks, that I really love, so it will be nice to know what they're going to gift us with next :D

I didn't know about the mod groups, so that's something for me to explore.
Thanks Delphy, and the site staff for your hard work
Muse

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Instructor
#38 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:52 PM
Hi Delphy,
I know your working extremely hard,but I can't seem to see the edit button on my journal entrys.
Thanks,
Walt
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 3:27 PM
Thanks Walt, the Edit Own Entries is now fixed (was an error in the original code I used)

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 3:55 PM
everything seems kosher, thanks
Instructor
#41 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 4:15 PM
Thanks Delphy.
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 5:18 PM
Is the modding group are for the moderators only?or for other creators also? hows that?

If You can't beat it,.... CHEAT IT!!!!!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#43 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 6:54 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to Delphy and the rest of the staff for the new site features. I really like the addition of the journal and think that having some restrictions on who gets one is a very good idea. I do have one question, is there any sort of way to subscribe or bookmark individual journals?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#44 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
What about the quick links?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Part-time Hermit
#45 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jhayze
Is the modding group are for the moderators only?or for other creators also? hows that?

Modding groups are groups of creators who got together to create a large project, such as a whole lot of objects in a particular theme. See the Grand Trianon collection or the Harry Potter project for examples. Not all of the members of these groups are moderators.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:21 PM
I think it a fabulous idea personally...I'm game...if my journal gets approved, yeah! If not, life goes on...MTS2 still is a great place.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:39 PM
I kinda don't understand the point of journals, but thanks anyways! It just seems like you could have created a small area on the site for modders to discuss things but w/e.
Scholar
#48 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 12:27 AM
Eh what is the function of the journal? I mean, what should a creator put on it?

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#49 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
What about the quick links?

Didn't think about, good idea jax.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 10:18 AM
fortyfeet, there are already hidden forums where creators can discuss things - how else do you think projects like the Harry Potter one, Retroville and others get done?

The journal system, on the other hand, is not specifically for creators to talk to other creators, but for creators to communicate to regular visitors and fans without having to post in a thread or on a PM.

Page 2 of 3