Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon

.......................However, how far should a life simulator go? I mean, we have burglars. That's pretty light. How would people feel if there's a mod that adds... muggers? or even murder? How about awesome mod? It has the ability to enable romantic relationships between child and adult. Is that over the line?.......................

Well there are at least 2 murder mods on this site alone; the Dexter the Bear mod, and the gun mod. Both are handy dandy tools. And Awesome mod does allow for teen/YA/A relationships, albeit with very strict rules, so that if it is at all witnessed, or potentially witnessed, will have you branded as a child molester, ostracized from sim society, and unable to find gainful employment at any of the standard sims careers (Pescado seems to like to use Roman Polanski as the basis for that moral position, although that particular case is a bit more complicated than most child molestation cases). Twallan allows Teen/YA/A relationships without the moral judgement, and is also quite popular. Neither allow child romantic interactions. Although I expect there might be something out there that does allow it, I am personally unaware of its existence, and would prefer to not even know it is available, but that's just my own moral judgement at play.

Now, as to whether those pretty mainstream mods are over the line or not, is a personal judgement. And the beauty is, if it's not your cup of tea, you don't have to have it in your game. But options are good. Returning to the topic of this necro'd post, if you want amputees in your game, I have no objection. I continue to remain concerned that the use of the now "phantom limb" in normal sim activity will take away from the immersion of watching an amputee negotiate life's trials, limiting the utility of this mod pretty much for photo taking only.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 12:07 AM
Hell I actually used both murdermods in my own game today.

Surprisingly, it's hard to kill ghosts!
#29 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 5:54 AM
I thought about a wheelchair mod, but I have no clue how to even start such a project, it seems like a lot of script changes.

Most of my mods ... don't work so well.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:51 PM
I like that this is available, as I've wanted to have a Sim of a three-legged pets for quite a while (I intend to make a very loving Sim who adopts all the animals she feels sorry for). But I'm having trouble getting this download to work. Which folder to have I put it in to make it function in the game?
One Minute Ninja'd
#31 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EllenRebecca3
I like that this is available, as I've wanted to have a Sim of a three-legged pets for quite a while (I intend to make a very loving Sim who adopts all the animals she feels sorry for). But I'm having trouble getting this download to work. Which folder to have I put it in to make it function in the game?

You put it in the mods/packages folder. However, it is designed for 2 legged sims, and I haven't a clue as to whether it will work on the 4 legged variety, as pet sliders are different than sim sliders.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:46 PM
I have those in my game. I used them for creating Simonsters in CAS, but I really never played a game with a sim that has amputee arm or leg. Does not look very nice...

Anda for the murder mod... It's really cool. U can aim and shoot sims and take a record of your killing. U can also blow things up. Made my game a lot more fun XD
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EllenRebecca3

You just put it in the mods folder under packages flies. Their is a pet version one that allows you to create a three-legged pet.Here's the link.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Today I ran across this mod. Amputee sliders. Sim game is all about simulating reality, but in a more cheery and comical way. Then someone made this sliders. I read there were quite an uproar about it. Some says this is sadistic, others argue that this is part of a reality we live in. I find the whole uproar thing interesting. Probably not going to download these sliders any time soon. But ... what do you think?

Link to blog post: http://mysims3blog.blogspot.pt/2014...neeuromutt.html

I try and make my sims reality as fun and unreal as I can, I myself have Cerebral Palsy, and a few other problems too. I don't find this offensive, I hope people that download it use the mod in a positive way, I'm going to find it and download it if I can and make some real little angel sims, living their lives coping with a disability like I have done
#35 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
Ok I get that this thread is super old and all, but I don't know why anybody would find this offensive. There are false limb mods/CC and that involved amputation/an otherwise missing limb at some point. I mean heck one of the most popular anime characters ever, Edward Elric, is a double amputee and he's a frickin badass and everyone loves him (well, fans love him I should say).
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:42 PM
Let's not forget that many people use the sims games to write stories, and these sliders can be pretty useful for storytelling. However, I don't think they make much sense in a regular gameplay because the sims will just walk on non-existent legs or do stuff with their non-existent hands.

And I don't know why any time some negative thing is represented in the sims games, so many people get "offended" and make crazy theories about such content being used by sadists and such. What about someone just wants to write a story/make a machinima about a disabled character's struggles, and the intention is to make people sympathise with the character, not to enjoy his/her suffering?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:36 AM
Frankly, I doubt any of the people getting up in arms about this were amputees themselves. Disabled people existing shouldn't be controversial..
#38 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimOllieTS3
Let's not forget that many people use the sims games to write stories, and these sliders can be pretty useful for storytelling. However, I don't think they make much sense in a regular gameplay because the sims will just walk on non-existent legs or do stuff with their non-existent hands.

And I don't know why any time some negative thing is represented in the sims games, so many people get "offended" and make crazy theories about such content being used by sadists and such. What about someone just wants to write a story/make a machinima about a disabled character's struggles, and the intention is to make people sympathise with the character, not to enjoy his/her suffering?

Not even specifically struggles, just regular lives.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM
I don't mind playing amputated sims. I'd love to see those prosthetic CAS parts on my sims, and I'd love to see some cyberpunk, medieval, fantasy & futuristic prosthtic CAS parts!!!!

Buuut I understand why amputated sims are considered cruel & sadistic by some. Seeing that missing limbs are not something desirable in real life, it is more of a sad tale & people who has this opinion will think putting amputated playable characters in videogames are to glorify something terrible (which is stupid seeing cyborgs are a thing in videogames for years!).

But I just think it's because it takes more of developing time to animate sims with missing limbs.

Can I have cyborg CAS parts pls? I wanna make some OP cyborg sims right now...
Scholar
#40 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:28 AM
@lonerbum I found these under accessories, enjoy!
http://modthesims.info/d/416190

I haven't found cyborg tights/socks though.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
@lonerbum I found these under accessories, enjoy!
http://modthesims.info/d/416190

I haven't found cyborg tights/socks though.

SEXY!
I wonder, though. Are they set to Valid For Random? Since Easy Casp Editor became unusable, I've been dealing with tons of silly CAS parts popping up all over the place.
Page 2 of 2