Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:49 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 13th Aug 2017 at 12:34 PM.
MTS help!
Hi! So I've played TS4 for about 80 hours now and have been getting bored. I am curious about mods, and how they work. I was looking at a few and saw a bunch of things that were completely foreign to me, like "flavors" of mods, etc. I have no idea how to use these mods so if anyone could help me, that would be great. Thanks in advance. :p
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:45 PM
Welp, mods are typically player made files that alter various components of the gameplay. Mods is a blanket term but theres custom content which is usually build/buy objects and stuff that can be applied to sims' appearances, and then you have actual mods that alter how the game is played, i.e. a mod that affects the games timer or how many townies spawn stuff like that.

Luckily the sims 4 already has a mods folder available. I suggest downloading some sims 4 mods from here and testing them to see how you like them!
Here is the site wiki for getting started > http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS4_CC_Basics <

(from a more personal pov... mods can only do so much, especially with the sims 4, I can't guarantee they'll keep you from getting bored for long)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 9:15 AM
I just use mods for specific things I want. IMO there is no reason to use mods just to use mods. And using mods takes maintenance to be sure there are no conflicts and they are up to date. As said, they will not drastically change the game. If you are bored without them odds are you will be bored with them.
Theorist
#4 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 9:26 AM
As for your other question "flavours" just means, two different versions of the same mod that have subtle differences to suit people's preferences.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 10:49 AM
I have been burned from playing sims too. How do you guys still survive, mind if you all share your experiences? What's make sims game become more exciting?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:33 PM
Moved to help!

@Kompaktive I actually think you might get better and more helpful replies if you start your own thread, and it will keep this thread to stay on the topic
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to help!

@Kompaktive I actually think you might get better and more helpful replies if you start your own thread, and it will keep this thread to stay on the topic

sorry XD but no thanks I won't open a new thread because I'm bad at initiating a conversation and have 'no one replies' anxiety, to be honest. Sooo back to the topic.