Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#426 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:36 AM
Good luck everyone!Hmm..I don't see a mag cover Jocus
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#427 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:37 AM
Me neither... I just Pmed her about it
Test Subject
#428 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:49 AM
Oh man, I hope she fixes it, I'd hate to see her disqualified because of that.

And good luck everyone!!!!!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#429 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:54 AM
Someone should call her... Lol Can you imagine? "Hi! Can I speak to Jocus please? ... JocusDorkus is she home...? ...Hello? He-Hello?" I'm funny... :crickets: Really, it sounds better in person... :sigh:
#430 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:03 AM
Oh, I guess it really isn't there. I thought it was just my computer being stupid.

I hope she gets it in
Test Subject
#431 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:03 AM
Don't worry, I'm almost done with it! Photoshop decided to act pesky now *shakes fist at photoshop* took me forever and day to get to stop flashing wildly about. grr...

It'll be up in ten minutes!

-Jocus Dorkus on her knees for forgiveness-

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
Scholar
Original Poster
#432 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:13 AM
Ohhh Goodie!! I hate when you have to beat photoshop into submission...lol

I'm just curious guys... Now that it's over, what was your favorite round?
Field Researcher
#433 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:18 AM
Zaggytiddies, I think Round 2. I liked the alter ego and the My Space pages. And I loved seeing what everyone came up with that round.

I think this last round was the most work. A collection is so hard to do in the Sims. Plus the photoshopping for the mag and a freeshot which meant I had to think. The round was hard for me.

ETA: Forgot to mention Happy Birthday David Hasselhoff!!!! Cause I now have that useless piece of trivia rattling around in my brain.
Scholar
Original Poster
#434 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:22 AM
I can't believe it's The Hoff's Bday! How fitting we end on his day of birth... lol
Test Subject
#435 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:27 AM
Okay! Officially done! Here

And I would say the third round for me. Once I finally knew what I was going to do for the Buffy shots, I really got into it, and it's one of the rounds I'm most proud of.

I know! It is quite fitting! Hehe, I'm sure Madonna is celebrating the best way any stalker can! LOL

Oh, and Zaggy, you can actually ask for me with that name! Everyone knows it in my household, LOL

-Jocus Dorkus breathing better- einstein

Field Researcher
#436 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:31 AM
Congrats on finishing JocusDorkus!!!!

Wonderful work by everyone!! Good luck!

Celebrate The Hoff's birthday and the completion of the contest with a Hoff music video on You Tube.
Scholar
Original Poster
#437 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:48 AM
Ever seen this?

... One a serious note I may have scores soon...
Test Subject
#438 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:04 AM
Jocus YAY..I'm so glad you got your mag cover in. And it's wonderful!

Zaggy I'd have to go with Scout on that one. Round 2 was definately my favorite. Round 3 was...well..I got last place so what does that say..wasn't my fave. But Round 2 was awesome. I have enjoyed this round though, better than round 3. I like how you kind of let us do whatever..sort of...lol

ScoutFirst the balloon chair thing...now Hoff's b-day...boy...I'm gonna start calling you Madonna. :gidea:
#439 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 8:07 AM
Wonderful entry Jocus! I love your free shot!

Zaggy, I liked all rounds, but I loved the second round, the alter ego and myspace page were so much fun!

Ohh, and I just found something you might be interested in
"You know you're a nerd when..."

Good luck to everyone!
Scholar
Original Poster
#440 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:05 PM
Round 2 was also my favorite... I debated a lot on when to have that ... I was going to wait for the last round but I'm so glad I didn't since we had so many drops.

Lara that was really funny... I can totally relate to the eye sight thing... lol

Ok guys... the time has come. I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated. There was some tough competition but through the judges hard work ( for them!) We have our scores..... Without further ado!

Judge 1

Lara:
Creativity- 15/15
Originality-14/15
Picture Quality- 10/10
How they accomplished the task- 10/10
Total= 49/50
Comments: *o* Looking through this round and all your other entries, I do think you'll win. All your ideas have been original, you've gotten the point across in your pictures, and not to mention how beautiful Mina is: Inside and out. Plus, your sensational graphics could help

Mnemosyne:
Creativity: 15/15
Originality: 13/15
Picture Quality: 8/15
How they accomplished the task: 9/10
Total= 45/50
Comments: Your entries were always creative and original, I just don't believe that they were conveyed well enough through picture and text. Also, Marcilynn never really stuck out in my mind like some of the other finalist, and semi-finalist. I think you put a good effort in this contest and you can see the improvement over time.

Scout:
Creativity- 15/15
Originality- 15/15
Picture Quality- 9/10
How they accomplished the task- 10/10
Total= 49/50
Comments: Madonna was my personal favorite in the contest. Her personality was very dynamic compared to other contestants, and I could see her as being a real person. She looks a lot different without glasses She's so cute, and so is her Hoff obsession (Though I personally cannot stand him) Best of luck
JocusDorcus:
Creativity- 15/15
Originality-15/15
Picture Quality- 9/10
How they accomplished the task- 8/10Total= 47/50
Comments: In the beginning of the contest, I thought you were going to win. Instead of the goodness improving, I kind of think it decreased, sorry. I think you could have (and might have) definitely won, but you were not as focused as some of the other contestants.
Judge 2

Mnemosyne
Creativity~15
Originality~15
Picture Quality~8
Task~9
Total=47/50

I love that the water balloon incident turned into something great for Marcilynn. Some of your things on the magazine were very funny. The potato chips are very creative and very nerdy... best of the collections I think. The article was a nice touch. Great Job and Good Luck

Scout
Creativity~15
Originality~15
Picture Quality~10
Task~10
Total=50/50

It’s obvious you spent a ton of time on your entry. Way to step it up. It’s funny, engaging... heck I want to read more Too bad it’s over huh? There are so many things in this entry that tell us what Madonna is like... (“I have a Baywatch bathing suit I sometimes wear as I look at my collection.”... “that may sound weird, but I think of myself as his guardian angel. I watch over him. Even when he sleeps” ) Then other times is just down right funny Great Job Good Luck

Lara
Creativity~14
Originality~15
Picture Quality~10
Task~10
Total=49/50

I love the emotions being mathematical equations... is that a fact? Lol You made me think and that’s great. Mina is as beautiful as ever It can be tough to keep the kids in line... lol Your pictures are so well put together. Great Job and Good Luck

JocusDorkus
Creativity~14
Originality~14
Picture Quality~10
Task~10
Total=48/50

I love the magazine. It looks great! Is Cyberdine from The Terminator? I love Catarina’s new do. The Star Trek command station warmed my heart!Great Job and Good Luck!

Judge 3

Mnemosyne

Creativity - 13
Originality - 15
Picture Quality - 8
Task - 10
Total - 46/50

Scout
Creativity - 15
Originality - 15
Picture Quality - 10
Task - 10
Total - 50/50

Lara
Creativity - 14
Originality - 12
Picture Quality - 10
Task - 10
Total - 46/50

Jocus
Creativity - 14
Originality - 13
Picture Quality - 10
Task - 10
Total 47/50

Judge 4
JocusDorkus ~Catarina Evans
Creativity~ 12
Originality~13
Picture Quality~9
How well they accomplished the task~9
Total= 43
Comments- Wow, love the retro electronics! As for the freeshot and related info, all I have to say is... WOW!

Lara ~Mina Mazzinini
Creativity~14
Originality~15
Picture Quality~10
How well they accomplished the task~10
Total= 49
Comments- The freeshot made me giggle like crazy! Great work!

Mnemosyne ~MarciLynn Brown
Creativity~15
Originality~12
Picture Quality~10
Total= 47
Comments- So she finally married him. Eh, no surprise there.

Scout ~Madonna Clowsky
Creativity~15
Originality~15
Picture Quality~8
Total= 48
Comments- Ohhhhh, she is so obsessed with him! Ha ha ha ha! Great work. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Scoring goes...

We actually have a tie for :3rd
(I know how weird huh? I hadn't accounted for this cause I honestly thought... what are the odds... silly me.)

Mnemosyne and Jocus Dorkus

Mnemosyne
45+47+46+47=185/200

JocusDorkus
47+48+47+43=185/200

In :2nd place

Lara
49+49+46+49=193/200

In:1st

Scout
49+50+50+48=197/200

Congratulations everyone for making my first contest a successful one!... and thanks for sticking with me. I hope to see you all around! I had a great time ; )
#441 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:46 PM
Congrats Scout, Mnemosyne and Jocus!
Thanks Zaggy for the contest, it was so much fun!
Theorist
#442 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:47 PM
Congratulations!
Field Researcher
#443 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 2:34 PM
Thanks!!!! Of course Madonna would show her happiness through the art of clogging.

Congrats to everyone. I loved looking at all the entries each round. All the nerds were so different and interesting and that really came through on the entries.

Thanks to Zaggytiddies for the wonderful contest. And the judges for their work. And big thanks to the power of The Hoff. I'm most grateful that I will not have to look at another Hoff picture.
#444 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 2:44 PM
Quote:
I'm most grateful that I will not have to look at another Hoff picture.

Hihi, I can understand that perfectly well :D
Scholar
#445 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 3:20 PM
I cant tell you guys how much I thoroughly enjoyed following this contest. I am a self-proclaimed Nerd and proud of it I saw a little bit of myself in each entry. Excellent work you guys and congrats to the winners!!! I loved this contest!!
Test Subject
#446 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:15 PM
:cdance: This was just great! I loved it! Congrats Lara and Scout, I think Madonna is as grateful for it, perhaps now the cops could go easier on her when they hear she's Miss Nerd, eh? LOL

Yay, we tied together Mnemosyne! It really was a great round and great contest as whole, I think every contestant has done exceptional, and I want to thank you Zaggy for conceiving this contest. I can't stress enough *chants cycle 2* :banana:

I don't get into contests to win (weird, huh? ), I do 'cause I hope they're going to fun and something different from the usual, and this held up to my expectations and more! Thank you and be good everyone! LOL :grouphug:

-Jocus Dorkus whistling to town square- :taekwondo

Scholar
Original Poster
#447 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:36 PM
Very sweet of you Jocus! I'm glad you all had fun! I know I did
Test Subject
#448 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:53 PM
Congrats you guys, you all did an awesome job!
Zaggy, you're a great contest host :D
Test Subject
#449 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 9:03 PM
Congrats Scout and Lara!

Thanks Zaggy for this contest. I had fun.
Scholar
Original Poster
#450 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 10:15 PM
I'm really happy you all had fun... I'm cooking up a new contest as we speak... Hope to see you there!

Page 18 of 18