Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 2:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Deleted Sim3package files still showing up
Hello,
I searched in the help, but didn't find anyone else with this problem.

I used the launcher to install a lot of cc. well, i decided to clean up my game to make it run smoother, but once i uninstalled the cc from the launcher, they still show up in my game. is there another way to delete package files that you used the launcher to install?
The cc I uninstalled from the game is no longer listed in the launcher. I'm not sure how do solve this problem. I have no problem with uninstalling the game again, but i know that it may not fix the problem in the future if i want to delete installed content again.

Has anyone else seen this, and is there a way to fix it?
thanks for the help.
liz
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 7:57 AM
Did you just delete them from Downloads tab in Launcher or from the Installed Content tab as well?
Cleared caches and thumbnails? Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Fileswiki
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 3:37 PM Last edited by kittielickie : 19th Apr 2010 at 4:05 PM.
I deleted from the installed tab. I clicked on the item and hit uninstall.

yes, i just deleted all the cache files and thumbnails. i reloaded the game twice, and the downloads are still in the game. how bizarre
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 4:39 PM
what type of content are you still seeing: clothes, sims, lots?
You may need to check the siim bin in CAS and remove sims.
Lots in the Library will still show up in game after uninstalling.
While you mention removing content installed by the launcher, you refer to them as package files.
The launcher installs sim3packs, package files are placed in the mods/packages folder in Program Files.
Which brings up another question, are you sure the content you are seeing is launcher installed?
Have you moved your mods/packages to your desktop and started the game to see what still shows up?
worst case, would be to delete the DCCache and DCBackup folders and just reinstall the sim3packs, you want to keep, with the launcher.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 2:54 AM Last edited by kittielickie : 20th Apr 2010 at 3:11 AM.
Yeah, i realized after i said package files when i meant sim3packs.
yes, i am seeing objects and CAS objects that aren't deleting. I used the launcher to install them. I also used the launcher to uninstall.
I think i will delete the DCCache and DCBackup folders and start fresh that way. thanks for the tip.

Okay...
I deleted the DCCache and DCBackup folders and all the launcher installed content is still in my game. What am I doing wrong?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:37 AM
Did you delete the cache files, as well, after you deleted the DBCache and DBBackup folder?
When you add/remove Custom Content, it's a good idea to delete the cache files.
Scroll up to Ella's post, if you are not sure how to do this or which files to delete.

and if that doesn't work, can't imagine why it wouldn't but stranger things have happened

Open your Documents folder
Open your Electronic Arts folder
There will be one or two folders:
The Sims 3 folder
and The Sims 3 Create A World Tool folder (if you have it)
Rename The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 backup (this will make the game create a new The Sims 3 folder)
Start the game and see if the content is still there or not
NOTE: doing this wipes out your User Files - you wont have any saved sims, saved games, etc (they are in the folder you renamed)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:41 PM
Yes, i deleted the cache files, but everything's still there. I decided to go ahead and uninstall the game and reinstall. it's working fine now. i'll just be more selective when downloading cc using the launcher. lol. thanks for trying to help me.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 4:55 AM Last edited by caccigirl : 20th Feb 2024 at 7:17 PM.
I’m literally 14 years late to this post, but I stumbled across this thread earlier today when trying to solve the same issue which was occurring in my game, and I think I found the answer.
I had 5 pieces of CC that were still showing up in my game - 3 outfits and 2 tops, all Sims3Packs which had been installed and eventually uninstalled using the launcher. There were many other pieces of CC I uninstalled at the same time, most of them also CAS items, but for some reason these were the only ones that stuck around (although the thumbnails showed up normally in CAS, when worn the items themselves made either part or all of my Sim’s body invisible; but I was able to figure out which specific pieces of CC they were by using Delphy’s Multipack Extractor and S3PE to match up the instance numbers). I tried clearing all the caches suggested in other similar threads, and quite a few other suctions that I saw floating around various Reddit posts and forum threads.

Eventually I somehow ended up realizing that each of the 5 items had been used on at least one Sim that I still had saved to my Saved Sims bin in CAS. I went through and found every Sim using any of those outfits/tops, deleted them, then cleared my caches and restarted the game. They’re gone!! It’s so simple I almost want to scream, I can’t believe I didn’t figure it out sooner.
Additionally, it anlso fixed one more similar issue I had - long ago I’d created and saved a preset for one of my favorite tops, but this week I was going through CAS and deleting most of my saved presets (in an effort to help CAS load faster/be less laggy). It seemed to delete with no issue, but the next time I ran my game it was back - except the thumbnail was all buggy looking (the shirt was very boxy and all white) and when put on my Sim, it would appear as the default preset that came with the shirt. Turns out I had also used that top/preset on a Sim that was still in the Saved Sims bin. Deleting the saved Sim solved this issue as well!

Anyway, just wanted to leave this here for anyone who encounters the same issue in the future! If I ever have this issue again, my first step is going to be removing the Sims from my Saved Sims folder (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>SavedSims) and checking to see if that resolves it, because my goodness, what a quick and simple fix, especially compared to the literal days I spent trying to remedy it before I realized this was the issue.