Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM
Default "Attribute number out of range" on object array operation?
I am trying to do object array operations on an object. I have allocated space for the object array in the OBJD, but the operation throws the "Attribute number out of range" error. I have gone back and allocated space for 15 attributes, none of which I am using, and I still get the error. The object I am taking notes from about array interactions also has 15 attributes and 1 array allocated and it does not throw the error. Exactly how many attributes do I need for one array? What do attributes even have to do with arrays?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:11 PM
Ok, I see. Greyed out fields in the instruction wizard are not necessarily ignored and can still cause errors.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:40 PM
Attributes don't have anything to do with arrays. The first trap to watch out for is that you are reading/setting values on an array of the correct Object ID, loosing track of the Object ID is one of the biggest causes of problems with op-codes. If you have only set one array make sure you are using array 0 (not 1) for example:
'Stack Object's object array 0x0000 element at Temp0 == Const 0x1001:0x01'
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:12 AM
Yeah, I had everything right, it was just that:

That argument was still getting computed, and it resolved to some attribute that I hadn't allocated space for.