Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:03 PM
I'm in the last 10 days of the challenge so I'm almost done, but I'm wondering which one we're supposed to go to next. I know that Part II Isolation is supposed to follow but then Part III and IV don't really seem to match up with II (or maybe I'm just confused, could be that) so I'm just wondering what to do next? Also I'm loving the challenge so far! I decided to do it in Roaring Heights so I have a kind of Fallout feel to the challenge as well
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quick question! I kinda guessed that the sims were allowed to have children, but I want to make sure, so they are allowed to have children right?
Test Subject
#378 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvertailedsiren
I'm in the last 10 days of the challenge so I'm almost done, but I'm wondering which one we're supposed to go to next. I know that Part II Isolation is supposed to follow but then Part III and IV don't really seem to match up with II (or maybe I'm just confused, could be that) so I'm just wondering what to do next? Also I'm loving the challenge so far! I decided to do it in Roaring Heights so I have a kind of Fallout feel to the challenge as well

Part III deals with sims who successfully went through Isolation, so if you have a sim from Part I accepted into the colony in Part II, then you can play them in Part III.
Part IV is actually an alternative to Part II and III as it deals with sims who didn't get into the Colony project and basically picks up right where you ended your Countdown phase.

So you can either follow with Part II and see if you can get any sims admitted to the Colony and if you're lucky enough proceed to Part III and play with them. (Or you can skip part II and just assume someone from your family made it through.) Then if you have any productive sims who didn't get into the Colony, you can use them in Part IV.

Or you can simply skip both II and III and jump right into Part IV.

~MiaAngelina
Test Subject
#379 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThileaLover123
Quick question! I kinda guessed that the sims were allowed to have children, but I want to make sure, so they are allowed to have children right?

Sure, but better have them early. Those little kids tend to die easily later on, since they cannot learn Athletic.

~MiaAngelina
Test Subject
#380 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:31 PM
Oooh! I'm defiantly going to play this challenge. I on merging it with a zombie apocalypse challenge of some sort.
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 8:55 PM
What about them digging an outhouse? Could download a CC one or mod one of the the ones in the game to not increase hygiene. What trade-off could be used for this? What do you think? Any opinions or ideas?

--Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.--

** Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain **
Test Subject
#382 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:20 PM Last edited by FirelightKnight : 29th Sep 2016 at 12:23 PM.
Hey guys!!
It's been a while since I posted an update. Unfortunately, I lost the game I was playing

But I'm starting fresh with a new family! So, introducing Colin Larson, his toddler Joel Larson, and their Saint Bernard dog named Darnia.
Unfortunately, Colin's wife Alicia was away in Sunset Valley for a business meeting when the virus broke out, leaving Colin and Joel alone.

I have yet to start the game proper, considering I have no time left to play after setting up, but expect to see me post again soon.
(Spoiler cus its getting long)
Test Subject
#383 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Cinnola : 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:18 AM.
Well, this thread seems a bit dead, but that's kind of expected

I've 'done' (started) this challenge about five times, but each time I ended up cheating and it just wasn't fun anymore. But now I'm back with a new family, and this time no cheating! (which is a bit of challenge for me, since I'm a HUGE control freak and micromanager. Should be fun though!)

I've started with Ivy & Matthew Burrows, a husband and wife pair located in Moonlight Falls. So far I'm on day 54, with baby Ethan and a new baby (or babies, because I set the quadruplet chance to 40%.. I may regret that) on the way! Both parents have already maxed their athletic skills, and Ivy mastered gardening. Matthew is on level 8 with logic. Nothing too interesting has happened yet, although the household has been visited by aliens 3 times already! They can't get in, though, because I've locked the gate (i figure my sims would end up running outside and get infected). I'm excited to play more!!

edit: Ethan aged up into a toddler! He turned out pretty cute, and, to my surprise, he has both his father's hair and eyes! (the dad has light hair and the mother has dark hair.) Oh, and there's a new addition to the household: Amethyst Burrows. Well, I highly doubt that everyone will survive, so it looks like another pregnancy for mom.
Test Subject
#384 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:34 PM
It sucks how little love this thread gets

Haven't had the chance to play Sims without mom breathing over my shoulder for a while, but once more I have an update!

On day 41, Joel managed to get caught on fire! Apparently dividing by zero is not a good thing. Meanwhile, Colin just sat on the couch and watched until I made him put Joel out. What a great dad.
And then nothing interesting happened for a while.
Test Subject
#385 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:29 PM
This is definitely my favourite challenge on the site. Best game ever.... finishing the game with 8 sims (started with just a married couple) Worst game ever.... 6 sims... (mom, dad and 4 kids. 2 teens, 1child, 1 toddler) all die except toddler... D: failed challenge
Test Subject
#386 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 2:09 AM Last edited by YaoiforCrazy123 : 18th Jun 2016 at 6:38 AM.
Things were going well for my sims until Day 23, unfortunately one couple's kid (they had twins) died when they just turn into a teen. Well that's a way to start the day...

Edit: One of my female sims just died on Day 4, she didn't even get a chance to see her son get married! Pretty sad... But I love this challenge. I'm really having fun.
Lab Assistant
#387 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 10:27 AM
I had tremendous fun with this when it came out. I might try another round.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#388 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:56 PM
Hey guys, what's new?
So I got a desire to play some Sims 3 and to start my doomsday challenge over again.
I started with 3 adults (a couple and mother-in-law elder). I got the wife pregnant ONCE and she had TRIPLETS. No fertility perk or anything.
So I've made it to day 38, no deaths, and then the grandma gets sick and fails her virus check. Tried to do the force kill option in master controller and it didn't work for some strange reason. So she went downstairs and filled the dog bowl (I have 4 pugs too, the two I started with had pups). I dropped her hunger to 0 and she died....job done....well not really. Everyone else was in the house asleep so I thought I had it covered with no one available to beg the reaper and then one of the DOGS bugged the reaper and he brought her BACK!! Granted, she does have the dog person trait. I read up and there is a 35% chance of that happening if a dog is around. So now I am in a quandary. My own rules say she should be dead (I wrote the challenge if you didn't know) and I'm thinking, well damn, should she be dead or should I let her live under these circumstances? I'm inclined to let her live (although it would be better if she didn't because with 6 people in the house, there isn't enough sleeping space when they get to the cabin) but part of me feels like she earned her survival. What do you think?? Kill the old lady or no?

p.s. Any idea why MC Force Kill isn't working for me?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#389 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM
So the weird just got weirder....
The grandma was cooking dinner during the few hours of power we have and right after she puts it in the oven she DIES from old age (oh I'm not done yet).
So I quickly stop the wife from exercising, giving her access to the room with the fridge, and try to rush her in there to finish the cooking without starting a fire.
...no dice...
Because she didn't know that recipe, it wouldn't let me do ANYTHING and the damn stove caught fire. Fortunately she is brave so she put it out but there went dinner.
THEN....grim reaper is leaving the lot, grandma is FOR SURE dead (figured as much since the dogs couldn't get into the locked room she died in) BUT WAIT
one of the dogs gets to him before he is off the lot and he brings her back AGAIN. Now at this point, I am thinking this woman has cheated death twice...she needs to go. I'm going to move her out and eventually, she'll pass away peacefully...sigh.....damn dogs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#390 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:56 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 14th Jul 2017 at 3:09 AM.
If you thought that last post was funny...

So as I said, family has 4 dogs, 2 males, 2 females.
One of the younger males was eating and the elder male came in (poor old black puggy) and takes over the bowl. The younger dog gets mad and starts barking his head off.
Next thing I know, the young guy hikes his leg and pees all over the old pug. Is this normal??? I've never seen that before. I fell out laughing!

So it's day 30, yay, we're moving to the shack. Of course, coincidence being what it is in this particular game, my adults AND triplets all aged up the same day. The trips are now teens. Oh and even though I had this huge house it only had 2 huge bedrooms so I had the one girl from the trips stay with grandma (while she was alive) and put bunk beds in the parents ' room for the boys (knowing we were going to the cabin eventually). When grams died (was put out to pasture as it were) I moved the boys into her room as well and had the parents celebrate with some woohoo in their now private room (they hadn't had private time since their room was private a long time ago lol). I even did the risky (being we're so far into the challenge, they wouldn't have any birth control, and it was only a 10% chance, right?

Well you guessed it, they nailed (physically and figuratively) that 10% and she got pregnant...sigh....and just when they got the room to themselves. She had a baby boy and yes, his crib is in their room.

I should have put this playthrough on youtube. You would die laughing at the nonsense that just keeps happening. Twice, their one son, when making a trip to town, decided to take off on his own. They live in Bridgeport so yeah, subways and all. The second time he chased a woman clear across town just to take a picture together. He keeps passing those virus checks though, lucky little SOB.

Anyway, not seeing much in responses so if you want me to continue to post the craziness that goes on with the challenge, drop a post and let me know. Otherwise I'll just assume no one is reading and leave it here. Thanks!
Test Subject
#391 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by sufri : 30th Jul 2017 at 3:31 AM.
Default I'm Here
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW

Anyway, not seeing much in responses so if you want me to continue to post the craziness that goes on with the challenge, drop a post and let me know. Otherwise I'll just assume no one is reading and leave it here. Thanks!

I just found this challenge. I'm a little confused about the first week or so. Are cooking and fridge use OK?

Edit: NVM I used them until the challenge said no more power. Anywayyyy I finished Pt. 1. WOW what fun, except I couldn't kill the babies and toddlers. I had to get social services to take them.
It's the same in Part 4; I am currently on Day 6, and two babies aged up. One got a bum roll. I searched the internet for ways to kill babies, but my grim won't take them. He called ss, who took them both! I may just shift-click delete next time.
Test Subject
#392 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:11 AM
I am definitely doing this challenge thanks! 1 question though are you allowed to have babies, toddlers, & kids or only young adults? Thanks again.
Test Subject
#393 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW

So as I said, family has 4 dogs, 2 males, 2 females.
One of the younger males was eating and the elder male came in (poor old black puggy) and takes over the bowl. The younger dog gets mad and starts barking his head off.
Next thing I know, the young guy hikes his leg and pees all over the old pug. Is this normal??? I've never seen that before. I fell out laughing!

So it's day 30, yay, we're moving to the shack. Of course, coincidence being what it is in this particular game, my adults AND triplets all aged up the same day. The trips are now teens. Oh and even though I had this huge house it only had 2 huge bedrooms so I had the one girl from the trips stay with grandma (while she was alive) and put bunk beds in the parents ' room for the boys (knowing we were going to the cabin eventually). When grams died (was put out to pasture as it were) I moved the boys into her room as well and had the parents celebrate with some woohoo in their now private room (they hadn't had private time since their room was private a long time ago lol). I even did the risky (being we're so far into the challenge, they wouldn't have any birth control, and it was only a 10% chance, right?

Well you guessed it, they nailed (physically and figuratively) that 10% and she got pregnant...sigh....and just when they got the room to themselves. She had a baby boy and yes, his crib is in their room.

I should have put this playthrough on youtube. You would die laughing at the nonsense that just keeps happening. Twice, their one son, when making a trip to town, decided to take off on his own. They live in Bridgeport so yeah, subways and all. The second time he chased a woman clear across town just to take a picture together. He keeps passing those virus checks though, lucky little SOB.

KEEP POSTING! PLEASE <3
Test Subject
#394 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Lalata : 17th Aug 2017 at 1:39 AM.
I started this challenge with a couple, Tom and Tamara Howe, and I am now at day 46. They have two sons, one is a child and the other is a baby. Somehow, Haden, the child, is a genetic REPLICA of his dad. I hope little Jeffrey isn't the same way.
EDIT
Nevermind, Jeffrey ended up looking more like his mother. Speaking of her, I think she's pregnant. If she is, I really hope it's a girl.
Test Subject
#395 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:47 AM
Quick question. When the trader comes back, can you make the 2 hours of water deal twice?

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."
Test Subject
#396 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 11:29 AM
I have officially cheated at this challenge.
My sims made an igloo, and Lani and Naomi are now sleeping in it. Well, time to throw out the bench once the trader comes back!

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."
Test Subject
#397 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:12 PM
Well, I just lost one of my sims to THE FUCKING COLD! Jesus Christ, that's more pathetic than drowning. Good job Naomi, you win the Idiot Award.

Field Researcher
#398 Old 25th May 2018 at 8:12 PM
While this thread may be kind of dead.... I wanted to say that I have come back to TS3 after a long hiatus and decided this would be perfect to bring me back. This is by far my favorite challenge, so I can't wait to *attempt* at getting through it successfully for the 3rd (4th? 5th?) time! I may submit short updates here, but I don't want to spam the page if this attempt gets too crazy, haha.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#399 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:48 PM
So glad to see people are still playing my challenge. I have played TS4 quite a bit but still never loved it as much as TS3. I keep going back to TS3 lol.
Field Researcher
#400 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:36 AM
I'm hoping to stick with it through the other challenges as well. Hopefully my save doesn't get too buggy so I can keep it going!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Page 16 of 17