Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#5826 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:02 PM
two children at a time can jump on a bed

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5827 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The rugs get custom stars when you install the "rug fix" that makes them stand out from the floor properly.

Especially, if you put the package labelled *bin* in your Downloads folder, and not in TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins (of your lastest EP)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#5828 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
It's actually positive for the one tormenting but negative for the one tormented. Sort of like rock-paper-scissors for the winner vs loser.

The sibling definitely had plus points too! I tested it again with another family, and ditto! It must all depend on personality points and mood and relationship level with the tormentor I suppose? I love Sims! :lovestruc
Alchemist
#5829 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
two children at a time can jump on a bed
is that a single bed or a double bed?
Scholar
#5830 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
is that a single bed or a double bed?

single but it could be a mod i forgot i downloaded

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Inventor
#5831 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It is? I've deleted clothing from CAS. :O

When I was looking through downloads here certain clothing (unlocked clothing options) they would enable the delete button and the OP would say to not delete anything in CAS or else the game will be corrupted. Like I never seen this particular thing with the faces before so I'm not curious enough to try it. I might be wrong, somebody with more experience in this lead me in the right direction.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#5832 Old 19th May 2018 at 9:23 PM
about deleting causing corruption; closest would probably be NPCs and/or NPC-spawning objects.
sim parts I take would not cause corruption when deleted. though there may be problems if any character had it/them.
Inventor
#5833 Old 19th May 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about deleting causing corruption; closest would probably be NPCs and/or NPC-spawning objects.
sim parts I take would not cause corruption when deleted. though there may be problems if any character had it/them.

Yeah it was something along those lines. I also saw that if you put the clothing download in the Bins folder it'll disable the trash icon. Still, I won't touch it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#5834 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
When I was looking through downloads here certain clothing (unlocked clothing options) they would enable the delete button and the OP would say to not delete anything in CAS or else the game will be corrupted.

IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.
Inventor
#5835 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
IN that instance, they mean don't delete that download in CAS/Bodyshop. If you have something that unlocks, or recategorises clothing shipped with the game that enables the CC star and the trash bin icon, deleting it via the trash bin icon will mess up your game files and need a reinstall because it will be deleting core files. Unlockers and such like do not include the meshes and textures themselves, they use the ones from the core game files and just tell CAS/Bodyshop to show that clothing instead of hiding it. It's fine to delete completely custom clothing/hair/etc in CAS, including sims in the sim bin, or their faces from part 2. Deleting sims does cause the thumbnails to get messed up, and of course the whole orphan mesh thing is another issue, but neither of those will corrupt your game into needing a reinstall.

Deleting eyes/skins/genetics that sims are using will cause corrupt genetics, but that will happen however you delete them.

Ohhh okay. Thank you for explaining it better, I get it now . And I don't think I'll be deleting genetic-type downloads any time soon, but this is good to know.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#5836 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:15 AM
I've just discovered that reading magazines alters interests!
Lab Assistant
#5837 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:58 AM
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
Scholar
#5838 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
Toddlers can chase butterflies. This is too cute. I don't know how I never noticed this before.
I found that one some time ago, but I've just spotted that they can also play in fallen leaves! So cute

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5839 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:37 PM
I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#5840 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:47 PM
Cool! Is this Aileen Landing supposed to be a Sims 2 version of Oasis Landing or something? It sure reminds me of it!
Scholar
#5841 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I did not know that neat ghosts can clean up while haunting!

I was surprised when I saw Capella's ghost cleaning up when I was playtesting the Lyra household in Aileen Landing.

Oh, wow! I just said on another thread a couple of days ago that neat ghosts ought to clean!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5842 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr

They can also chase fireflies! I just wanted to post that but then I saw your post.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#5843 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:28 AM
He looks really pissed off that he can't catch it. XD

Cats can chase butterflies and fireflies as well.
Mad Poster
#5844 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:31 AM
Which is why there are doors leading to the outside in my toddlers'rooms
Mad Poster
#5845 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Which is why there are doors leading to the outside in my toddlers'rooms

And why there are not in mine: Dang it, why is the toddler blue (or red)? Oh, went outside to play again. Toddlers get stored up stairs where they can't escape unless I mean to watch them, the little sneaks.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5846 Old 26th May 2018 at 6:35 PM
I grew up three townie kids with the FT grow up friend function, the built-in one, and they all three got "Great Party memories" together with the triplets aging from child to teen and the toddler aging to child in the playable family.

I've never seen townies get great party memories before when they grow up during a playable's party.

Heh. Apropos to my last post, in RL, my toddler is currently trying to figure out how to get out the front door. (Locks on gates, so I'm not worried she'll escape into danger.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5847 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:39 PM
I believe I found a drawback of SmartBeds. Sims won't autonomously use beds (at least that could be the case with only single beds) until you assign them a bed.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#5848 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:19 AM
If you woohoo with a vampire, the game treats it like you just did it with a maid??

Vampires are also ridiculously strict about dates, they think you stood them up before you get a chance to leave the house.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5849 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:00 AM
Most special NPCs count as service sims. If you date a playable vampire it won't happen like that, only the Count and the Contessa. The standing up thing is a glitch that can happen to anybody, not just to vampires.

I think I figured out how to use the mansard roof pieces that came with AL. I think.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5850 Old 27th May 2018 at 8:27 AM
If an adult or elder catches a toddler breaking an OFB toy robot, they'll lecture the toddler. The toddler will jump from sitting or standing on the floor to hovering and making the same movements that children and above do to being lectured. Very funny... would've made some screenshots but I was laughing too hard.
Page 234 of 445