Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#5801 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:40 PM
If the stereo is on, Sims can listen to music while relaxing in bed. They'll bob their head to the music.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#5802 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:00 PM
found out somewhat recently:
45 degree view; switching to either of the other views would return to previous position/rotation.
Instructor
#5803 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:26 PM
I found out that some adults will lecture teens when the perform pranks on other sims.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#5804 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:33 PM
I mostly play Pleasantview, however I wanted a change so I loaded up Belladonna Cove. Went into the Cordial sisters house and as I was lookin around I realized that their house is the exact footprint of the Pleasant house. It's mostly the same, just a very small difference in the downstairs.

Are their any other 'reused' houses from one hood to another?
Alchemist
#5805 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
not sure about "reused", but there are a total of 8 sets of base game houses that resemble the others.
http://mdbfiles.blogspot.com/2017/1...-base-game.html
Inventor
#5806 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I mostly play Pleasantview, however I wanted a change so I loaded up Belladonna Cove. Went into the Cordial sisters house and as I was lookin around I realized that their house is the exact footprint of the Pleasant house. It's mostly the same, just a very small difference in the downstairs.

There's the Roth household in Riverblossom Hills, it's a replica of the Goth house but 'brighter'. If you already know this ignore this reply.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#5807 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
There's the Roth household in Riverblossom Hills, it's a replica of the Goth house but 'brighter'. If you already know this ignore this reply.

I actually just found that out today while I was playing them in my mega hood. I was like "wait a second, the layout is very familiar. Too familiar to be coincidence."
#5808 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:19 AM
The mini fridge can go under a counter.
Mad Poster
#5809 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:59 AM
Hey, the bandatron has more than one color...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#5810 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:28 PM
I wanted to share something that happened and the fix. Last time I was playing I had a cat that was walking around just a little bit embedded in the ground and even after forcing an error on her more than once and using the bat box I could not fix the issue. I ue a mod that prevents the pets from being taken away by animal control, so I gave her up for adoption. Then I thought maybe that would fix her, nope still had the same problem, gave her up again to avoid being annoyed.

Then I thought maybe if I had her with a different family, so I used Sim Wardrobe's Teleporter and summoned her, nope still the same problem.

So then I decided to age her Elder and then make her pass as it was annoying me that I could not fix her, so I made her selectable using the testing cheats in preparation. Much to my surprise when I used The Sim Blender to age her I discovered that she must have been aged up wrong and that she was set at Kitten age even though her body was Adult, so I aged her to Adult and the issue was fixed. Yay.

Never had this problem before, maybe this might help someone, I don't know.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#5811 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:25 PM
That 'Fight/Torment' is actually a POSITIVE interaction between siblings! At least if their relationship was high to start with anyway. I've been the game for 14 blooming years and never realised that before!
Mad Poster
#5812 Old 18th May 2018 at 7:01 PM
Positive? These options won't even show in my game, unless the relationship between the siblings is bad/low. Are you saying, performing them actually boost their relationship? (no way, I never ever even try these.lol)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#5813 Old 18th May 2018 at 7:09 PM
I've had one pair of siblings (a teen and a child) that would do that interaction and their relationship would go down a notch IIRC

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#5814 Old 18th May 2018 at 7:57 PM
Really? That's so odd!! I found out by accident by seeing all the negative stuff I could make a child do in one day - smashing the dolls house, jumping in puddles from a broken sink, teasing a toddler sibling, turning the newspaper into an aeroplane before their mum did the crossword, yelling at the dog for no reason, that sort of thing. I had them torment an older sibling and they both got a bonus to the relationship! They could well have been 'friends' already though. I'd never directed kids to fight before as I usually like my game to be fluffy and nice and everyone friends.

I suppose it makes sense, children do enjoy being wound up by their siblings in real life - sometimes at least!
Alchemist
#5815 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:12 PM
about Cordial's house; the witch chapter in Apartment Life's Prima Guide mentions it.
exact wording (about the house):: "Even the house rings a bell."
whole paragraph:: "Now if only we could figure out why they look so familiar? Even the house rings a bell. It's so...pleasant."
Mad Poster
#5816 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89
That 'Fight/Torment' is actually a POSITIVE interaction between siblings! At least if their relationship was high to start with anyway. I've been the game for 14 blooming years and never realised that before!

I believe it's like the prank interaction--my outgoing mean sims think it's just the funniest thing. My shy nice sims go cry.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#5817 Old 19th May 2018 at 3:03 AM
I discovered downloading, or creating a Sim in BodyShop, with a custom face turns on the 'delete' button on part 2 of CAS. I know it's bad if you delete anything in CAS but that still kind of surprised me a little :p

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#5818 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:03 AM
Kestrel Teens (the Tricou orphan with the hat) has cute pyjamas! Purple nightgown with flowers :D
Mad Poster
#5819 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I discovered downloading, or creating a Sim in BodyShop, with a custom face turns on the 'delete' button on part 2 of CAS. I know it's bad if you delete anything in CAS but that still kind of surprised me a little :p

It is? I've deleted clothing from CAS. :O
Top Secret Researcher
#5820 Old 19th May 2018 at 12:51 PM
For some reason every rug in my game is now marked as custom.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#5821 Old 19th May 2018 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
For some reason every rug in my game is now marked as custom.

that happened to me a while ago and i still havent found a fix in my game i cant select the rugs and if eg a phone is on the wall in front of a rug they can't use it.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5822 Old 19th May 2018 at 12:59 PM
The rugs get custom stars when you install the "rug fix" that makes them stand out from the floor properly.

Not being able to select the rugs or use things behind them is not a part of this. Maybe a conflict with the rug fix and something else?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5823 Old 19th May 2018 at 1:03 PM
i'm not sure if i've installed a rug fix but it's possible that it might have came with a lot

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Link Ninja
#5824 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:00 PM
I have that issue too, but only on IKEA rugs after I installed the rug fix. Sometimes sims treat them as obstacles and won't pass them or use items sitting over or on top of them.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#5825 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pickles89

It's actually positive for the one tormenting but negative for the one tormented. Sort of like rock-paper-scissors for the winner vs loser.
Page 233 of 445