Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#826 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 8:55 AM
Not fair! Jones should be restricted to no CC!!! >.<

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#827 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
So impressive Joni!! Love what you've done with the ceiling and the niches, spectacular work! I must say, Im glad Im not a judge! Good luck with that guys!!

It's proving to be very difficult! This is going to take awhile. I'd like to just give you all a five and say done lol, but I want to take my time and give a proper comment.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#828 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 1:10 PM
Round 06 Playalong

Here is my playalong that I created in less than a week, so isn't a touch on all of yours! I have used some CC but didn't have time to go looking through my catalogue to find more.

Venues selected: The games room, theatre, nightclub and cafe.

So here is....

The Venue
The ground floor has the disco area, bar and games area in one open plan area. If you wander over towards the pool table there is a door out to a small outdoor seating area, ideal for the smokers among you. To the left of the main entrance is a small theatre. The theatre holds small recitals and plays for a select few students and is ideal as a practice venue before you try the main theatre. On the next floor you will find the spacious toilet facilities, some arcade games and a photo booth plus a bright and welcoming restaurant. There is a terrace with a karoake machine too for those lovely warm summer evenings. if you ride the elevator to the top floor you will find private rooms for the staff and the green room for performers, each with their own bathroom facilities (the green room bathroom contains a shower and it's own makeup artist!)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#829 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 3:36 PM
Aren't we lucky you're not a contestant!

Let's Not Procrastinate,Choi Sooyoung!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#830 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cyshix
Aren't we lucky you're not a contestant!
Thank you Cyshix, but that's not my best work, I can do better than that given more time (eg the 3 weeks that you all had). I managed to create round 5 and round 6 in the time you had for round 6.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#831 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:40 AM
Whew!!! I'm back on-line! And, I just sent in my judges comments. I have to apologize to all ya'll for delaying the process; and, for the terse-ness of said comments. I tried to be short and quick - as I was already behind. Everyone really did an excellent job - I loved pouring over your entries!

This was my first time judging a contest - I knew it would be a lot of work, and it WAS! But, it was also lots of fun Thank you Karen, and all the contestants, for having me.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#832 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:58 AM
Cat, you are not delaying anything, I am still slowly judging, so I am the one holding things up, not you. I just don't have the time during the week to really sit and think quietly as much as I would like. I love when judging starts on a Friday afternoon, but it started on Tuesday this time and i have way too much on my plate during the week.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#833 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:14 AM
Oh, good! (I mean, not good that you're not done - but, I'm glad I wasn't too late)
Being off-line for 2 days has really thrown a few wrenches in my timeline. I feel like I've been gone for 2 weeks!
Does anyone else use Brighthouse? (For their ISP?) I don't know what they did, but they fixed it... I've never had internet problems like that before.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#834 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:19 AM
Lol Cat, I know what you mean. It kind of sucks to be the one holding things up! Scores are sent guys! Wooo! This was a hard round to judge because there were some amazing entries.

This was also my first time judging and I hope I did so fairly. it's certainly not as easy as I thought it would be. Thank you Karen for running this awesome contest, thanks Cat for being another judge and to all the contestants for making it so great.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#835 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:39 AM
Lol, you two are funny I only managed to do mine so quick cos I'm on leave from work! Thank you both for being lovely judges.

Scores up later today folks! (Now where did I put my abacus!)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#836 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:49 AM
Oh shoot, Karen is using an abacus, now we're all in trouble!

~Call me Jo~
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#837 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:51 AM Last edited by Klaartje : 24th Apr 2014 at 11:01 AM.
/me gets the marching band ready for the revealing of the winner!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#838 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:46 AM Last edited by karen lorraine : 24th Apr 2014 at 12:12 PM.
Round 06

trambling101

ekrubynaffit

ScottishRach

klaartje68

Cyshix

Celebkiriedhel

aaries16

justJones

Thank you
Thank you to all the contestants for taking part I have thoroughly enjoyed watching and judging all that you have created. Thank you all for being wonderful, patient and kind contestants too. I have made some great new friends along the way. It is great to see new simmers joining in too and I hope that I will see you taking part in the next contest whenever it happens as well.

A HUGE thank you to my judges, who I couldn’t have run the contest without. I hope I haven’t worn you out with my noobness in hosting.

So on with the next contest, whatever it might be!

Karen

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#839 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:52 AM Last edited by karen lorraine : 24th Apr 2014 at 11:02 AM.
And the winner is.... drum roll..... dun dun dun....

celebkiriedhel

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#840 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:43 AM

celebkiriedhel!

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#841 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:43 PM

KIRI!!

Well deserved!

Again thankyou Karen for the wonderful contest, and Judging for the fabulous judging.
Judge 2 your wcif, do you mean the wall stencils on the outside? If so, they are as yet unrealesed, I am contemplating uploading all the roller skating themed stuff I made for this in one file though, at some point!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#842 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:51 PM
Congrats, Kiri!

Judge 3: Cafe light is TS3 conversion here. And have been thinking about rebuilding it with minimal cc for upload. We'll see

Thanks Karen and judges! You've done a wonderful job. Good job everyone!
Mad Poster
#843 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:53 PM
YAY!!! Congratulations Kiri!

@justJones - Building shell - Can you just package it up, run it through CI and only keep the lot package? Will that work, or will it crash everything? Dunno, I've never tried it...
...not that I have any idea who J3 was for this round...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#844 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:56 PM
Yeah, I knew it was you, but was being discrete I could. But there are things I want to fix. And would want to take pics of it empty. Might even furnish it, just not as fancily as I did for this.
Field Researcher
#845 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:04 PM
Oh my!!! What a wonderful thing to come home from babysitting to. I never expected to win when I started, I just hoped I wouldn't come last.

Everyone here did wonderful buildings and decoratings and I loved something in everyone's build each round. And some of them I was completely floored by. To be honest, I think we all won, just by participating. And my Uni hood is now more built than it's been in 3 years I've been meaning to work on it! LOL

Thankyou all for your congrats - I'm feeling a bit light-headed by it!

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Mad Poster
#846 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 5:06 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, Jones
/me...running to look up the word 'discrete' LOL!

ETA: "To be honest, I think we all won, just by participating." Very graciously said, and I couldn't agree more!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#847 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:07 PM
Pssst....Looking for something else to do now that we're through here? Look no further!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#848 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:49 PM
Well shit that was fast jones. Looks like fun!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#849 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:28 PM
A new contest already? That's way soon. What to do?

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#850 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
A new contest already? That's way soon. What to do?
Come and join in, Jo!

Page 34 of 35