Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:08 AM Last edited by Elegant-Faults : 24th Feb 2018 at 8:21 AM.
Default Way to Undo Pet Pregnancy?
I had my Sim get her cat spayed, but then 3-4 Sim days later I got a notification saying that her cat is now going into labor. I'm really annoyed by this because I obviously did not want to have more that one pet, let alone get my current one pregnant (hence, you know, getting her spayed. Wonder if I can demand a refund from the vet, lol), but alas I don't have any previous saves I can go back to try and stop this mysterious Cat-Jesus pregnancy. I was wondering maybe if anyone knew of any tricks or mods to undo it? I thought maybe MCCC may have a way to remove it, but unfortunately you can only control human Sims' pregnancies, not pets.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 10:32 AM
I don't think there's an option to undo pet pregancy, BUT you can sell newborn kittens. You'll get some money, and they will disappear from your household. Selling them doesn't triggers sad moodlets (at least it didn't triggered them in my gameplay)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Elegant-Faults : 11th Mar 2018 at 1:02 AM.
Okay so I started a completely new game and recreated my Sim and her cat from scratch, and then immediately got her spayed as soon as I entered live mode for the first time. Everything was going swell for about a month 'till her cat started throwing up around the house again. I thought, "Well there's definitely no way she's pregnant I made sure she was spayed first thing", so I simply took her to the vet again and had them give her a preventive shot just in case. But then a few Sim-days later, I suddenly get the notification that my cat has gone into labour again.

Fortunately I had a previous save that took place a week before then, but this is so damn ridiculous. My only guess as to why this happens even though I f***ing spayed her is because she has the Free Spirit trait. But that is still complete bull-crap. If your pet has been spayed, then it should be literally impossible for them to get pregnant. She has no uterus!