Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 1:25 AM
Default Help with menu interactions
So if you've seen my previous threads in this forum you know I'm making a Vampire mod. I'm currently trying to make a make sim think about other sims mod. I've already made a make sim think about me mod, now I'm trying to make a make sim think about other sims mod where a menu will open up similar to the menu for when we use go here with interaction. The menu will have a list of sims from the relationship panel and we select a sim from the list and the sim will think about them.
This will also help me compel to be mean to..... interaction where the vampire sim will be mean to someone from the list. Does anyone have any idea how I can create this list? or select a sim from that list? Any ideas will be helpful.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 12:58 PM
I know you've probably asked the same question at NRAAS, so you will probably get a better answer from Chain Reaction, but if you look at the Relationship Panel mod you might get started. One of the things it does is to allow you to click a sim's portrait in the panel and have all the interactions available as if the sim were on the lot as well as the interactions you usually get from clicking a portrait of a sim across town. So if you were clicking a sim in the vampire's relationship panel, you would already have all the mean interactions to choose from. If you want someone to click the vampire's picture in their own panel and have the vampire be mean, you could work on a new interaction of "Be tormented by." Otherwise, I would be worried that your new mod will conflict with Relationship Panel.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:26 PM
I actually meant this to be like the go here with.... interaction, we get a menu with a list of Sims, Sims that are nearby, we then select a few Sims from that menu. My mod will be like that, the vampire will get a menu and he can make Sims think about the sim in the menu.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I know you've probably asked the same question at NRAAS, so you will probably get a better answer from Chain Reaction, but if you look at the Relationship Panel mod you might get started. One of the things it does is to allow you to click a sim's portrait in the panel and have all the interactions available as if the sim were on the lot as well as the interactions you usually get from clicking a portrait of a sim across town. So if you were clicking a sim in the vampire's relationship panel, you would already have all the mean interactions to choose from. If you want someone to click the vampire's picture in their own panel and have the vampire be mean, you could work on a new interaction of "Be tormented by." Otherwise, I would be worried that your new mod will conflict with Relationship Panel.

I just asked in the Nraas forum right now. My mod won't conflict with the relationship panel because it works in a different way as I explained in the previous post.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 10:31 AM
Is the convince to interaction called "you should" in the dll files? I can't find the convince to interaction anywhere in dll or jazz or even gameplaydata or social data or social ep3. you should seems to have the same options of kiss, dance with etc. that we usually get in the convince to interaction. So is you should actually convince to?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 2:58 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:15 AM
Ok I've done it, Chain from Nraas really helped me out.