Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 2:57 PM
I have maxis windows tht flash blue and i can't delete them or do anything because i live in an apartment, i sold some stuff which i could and bought the same back, but i can't sell the windows to remove the blue light, please help me...
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 3:07 PM
This tutorial has nothing to do with ANYTHING flashing blue but accessories. Objects flashing blue are unrelated to this!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 8:13 PM
meshes and polygons and placeholders....it sounds so complicated....I wish i were a sim expert like you...=(
Test Subject
#79 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 7:13 AM
Thank you!
I had began to think I'd just simply never get to use accessories again. This is great. Thank you to all involved in fixing this problem. :lovestruc :lovestruc Hooray!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 10:13 AM
Danaouli - It's actually -really- easy. I think you're getting stuck on terminology - the mesh file says "I have these two parts" - like a label on a box that says "Contents: Apples and Bananas" but then when the game actually goes and looks at what's in there, it's only got one part - the box just has Apples. So you take the placeholder - just a little piece of scrap paper - and write "Bananas" on it. The game looks in the box, sees some apples and a piece of paper that says Bananas, and goes, "Well, that's close enough, very well then," and everything works fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 6:26 AM
Would love to get my hands on the placeholderobj.rar file, as *** is down, and fix my meshes.

Does anyone know if it's available elsewhere?
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 1:18 PM
Same here. Is there a way to get the placeholder file anywhere?
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 6:17 AM Last edited by SEPHIROTH664 : 28th Nov 2009 at 2:49 AM.
Default Site Down?!?
Ugh... Placeholder site is down, any chance somone can upload the file?
Test Subject
#84 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Jackathyn : 29th Nov 2009 at 12:16 PM.
EDIT2: Yuxi loaded it up on Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?izjmmdzdx2l
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 12:51 AM
Default Thanks!
Thanks A LOT Jackathyn!
Test Subject
#86 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 12:40 PM
Not a problem!
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jackathyn

Thanks!!! :D
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 9:00 PM

That's a text document. What do I have to do to make it rar?
Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 10:57 AM
Thank you so much, I am going to try it now!
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:36 PM
Default hood and cape flashing blue
I have a cape and a hood flashing blue in game, found in the glasses accessory section. But when I open them in SimPE, they do not have SHPE or GDMC files associated. Did SimPE change the file names? I have 3DIR, BINX, CLST, TXMT, XMOL, STR#, and TXTR files, but no GDMC or SHPE listed in the tree. Am I being unobservant?

The hood and cape are from The Guild Masters "The Dark Project" collection, called the dark princess hood and the dark princess cape. They are attached.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DP-Women-Princess.zip (113.6 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Description: hood an cape files
Field Researcher
#91 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 7:41 AM
A little late for a response to you, ctsensenbaugh, but it appears that there isn't a mesh in that archive that you uploaded. This fix is for the mesh of the accessory itself. Hunt down the meshes in your game and then try the fix.

Stories (okay, LEGACIES), Tutorials, and Downloads at my sim journal:
http://rikkulidea.livejournal.com
Test Subject
#92 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 9:23 PM
now i feel very stupid indeed. Yes that wasn't the mesh file, and finding and correcting the actual mesh file was the key. Thank you for your reply I was able to fix them in my game.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:32 PM
HP. I love you. (= It annoyed the s*it out of me when it flashed blue!

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Scholar
#94 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 3:16 PM
I'm so grateful for this tutorial, I was about to give up on accessories installed in my game and that would really be a pity as I need them all to give Sims the unique/unusual look. Thank you so much, HP. I'm still testing if Peggy's 3d lashes were fixed, but many other accessories work perfectly now.
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 6:24 PM
Default Help :x
Is there anyway someone can upload the placeholder obj. file. as a .rar file.?? It would be greatly appreciated. [:
Forum Resident
#96 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 2:13 PM
I've read this & it sounds like I would try it cause, it's explained well. However, when I click on the object place holder link, it does not open the page. Anyways maybe it's just temporarily out of service. Thanks a lot for your hard work.
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 10:28 PM Last edited by HauntNightmare : 26th Mar 2010 at 11:17 PM.

OMGweloveyou D:!
And we love HP for this tutorial!
Ohmay, I will survive!

@Edit
Thanks ScorpioMaurus too, I had the "blue fangs" problem and that package solved it!
Test Subject
#98 Old 5th May 2010 at 10:14 PM
<3333333333333333333333333 *star kiss* i had been meaning to look into that for months and i saw it linked when i logged in today. great, informative tutorial too! infinite thanks for greatly enhancing my quality of simulated life as always! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:27 PM
Default help!
the link for "My Placeholder Obj File" doesn't work for me!
Test Subject
#100 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:47 PM
Default Help!!
hey I need help... the "My Placeholder Obj File" link doesnt work for me I really want to get that glitch fixed.
Page 4 of 6