Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:44 PM
How do i Download the file that lets me create stuff?
I am trying so hard to find that file. but i cant find it :mad: Can someone please give me that link to that file PLEASE.

From,
Catlover211p
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#77 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 5:33 PM
Which file are you talking about, catlover? If you mean the tutorial, the first post of this thread has all the different versions of the tutorial as attachments that you can download.
Test Subject
#78 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 12:30 AM
Default Newbie help
Ok I will first say Thank you soo much for this tutorial It was great! Now for my prob, ok I can make meshes and such and get them in the sims, but I do not understand the process of Texturing my objects. I am a do it learner and like to be walked though things like the tut on this thread. I have looked and can not find a tut on how to make a texture for a mesh. Or at least figure out how to link them in SimPE. Sorry if I missed a thread on this, like I said I am new at this

Thanks again
KrazyM
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#79 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:05 AM
Thanks for this. I've got a question. Forgive me if this is discussed somewhere or at a later point in the tutorial; I'm just doing this as I go through the tutorial for the first time. I'm up to the cloning of the object (page six on the Wings 3D version) and there seems to be an option not mentioned in the tutorial. It's underneath the checkbox for "Pull Animations"; it's "Pull #STR-Linked Resources". It's checked; does it need to be?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Part-time Hermit
#80 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:24 AM
Krazymage, the tutorial does tell you how to import the texture into SimPE .

maybesomethingdunno, that cloning option was just introduced in the latest SimPE, so when then tutorial was made with the previous one, that option is not mentioned. However, since it's selected by default, I recommend you leave it selected .
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#81 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:51 AM
thanks IgnorantBliss. =D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 8:44 AM
Default Help
Hi, i posted a few replies before already, but nobody seems to be answering me, so i thought maybe my post was overseen...
can anybody help me with my problem?
Im trying to download the first tutorial for the Blender3D, but after it finished downloading, i cant open the actual tutorial...!?!?!??
can anybody help me out?

I did try and see if my problem is answered anywhere in this thread (i read through everything), but i could find anything to help me.

~Live each day as if it were you're last! ;D
» http://www.sheylassims2.com/
°SheyLa°
#83 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 9:31 AM
Sheyla,
you'll need to download both parts of that tutorial ('1 of 2' and '2 of 2'). They're linked, so put them both on your desktop, then use WinRAR on the first one and it'll open both of the rarfiles.
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:22 AM
Oh ok, I get it now. Thanks for your help Lethe_s!!!
(Although i must say that was kind of stupid of me). Thanks tho, and i will go download the second part!

(hope everything works fine now)

°SheyLa°
#85 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 11:30 AM
Sorry to bother you guys again, but i still have a problem opening the tutorials.

I downlaoded both parts now, but none of them will open up...
I really dont understand it. do i have to have a special program to open them or is it just something simple im doing wrong??

Again, id really appreciate any help!

°SheyLa°
#86 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:50 PM
How do Iget the tutorial started up? I used the first one up there, an when it finished opening, the acrobat reader opened up, and it said that the file is corrupted or not supported. please help.
Part-time Hermit
#87 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:53 PM
Sheyla and Puglord, what is the size of the rar file for the tutorial after downloading? It may be that they weren't fully downloaded (they are large files and may take a while to download) and will give an error message when opening. Try downloading once again, and even if they download fully and still give an error message, I can try emailing the tutorials to you.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#88 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:54 PM
sheyla,
they are in rar.format, so you will need WinRAR to open them
once the archives are open, you'll need adobe acrobat or foxisoft reader to actually read them
Test Subject
#89 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:58 PM
please forget my last message, I have a new problem. I changed it to open with microsoft word and it will come up, just in another language. It says I can change it, but I can't figure what to cange it to.
Test Subject
#90 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 2:53 PM
I understand the problem now! LOL, i didnt have the programs needed installed to open up the files. So i downloaded Acrobat Reader now and it opened up correctly!
(I always thought i did already have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my computer, but obviously I didnt)

Thanks again for all your help!

°SheyLa°
#91 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 5:47 PM
I have a question AGAIN.
Where exactly do you get all the different textures? cause in the tutorial it said either get a texture or do it by hand...!?!?
How would i do my own textures or where can i get some nice textures??
Does anybody know any nice sites!?

°SheyLa°
#92 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 7:39 PM
Sheyla, either do Google searches for free textures, or for tutorials for whatever graphics program you're using, there are tons of those out there .
Test Subject
#93 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:17 PM
Im pretty new here and i need help.
I have downloaded it and extrakted it but how do i open it and with which program.
Another thing, is this just text in that case how do i get the program?
Dont call me stupid i just dont get it!
Part-time Hermit
#94 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:24 PM
You need a PDF reader to open the tutorial. The Adobe Acrobat reader is free, and so is the Foxit reader.
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:35 PM
ok thanks!!!!
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:41 PM
But what program do i use to make something?
Part-time Hermit
#97 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:46 PM
Please, read the tutorial, it'll tell you what programs you need .
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:51 PM
One last question, how do i get part 2 together with part one or do i have to take em one by one?
Part-time Hermit
#99 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 4:54 PM
You open part 1, follow it through, and then open part 2. No need to connect them in any way.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sheyla
I have a question AGAIN.
Where exactly do you get all the different textures? cause in the tutorial it said either get a texture or do it by hand...!?!?
How would i do my own textures or where can i get some nice textures??
Does anybody know any nice sites!?

A good place to get some textures is The Inspiration Gallery

They have a wonderful selection of textures that are seamless and they are free. You only need to give credit to them for the textures that you use. Something like

This contains textures provided by The Inspiration Gallery.

placed in your description would work with the url listed too, of course.

BirmanKat AKA mal1958

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Page 4 of 58