Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 11:02 PM
Default Remove all possibility of any romance? And can different saves have different rules?
short version: 1. How can I make sure I have turned off all possibility of any romantic interactions? 2. How can I have different saves with different options?

I know this is an odd request for a sims game, but my grandgoblin is six years old, and she just wants to grow crystal trees, watch the rodent, and train the puppy. She thinks romance is icky and she doesn't want the sim daddy to be flirting with anybody, and she doesn't want anybody getting older or dying either. I've turned off death and aging using game options and MCC, and turned off every spontaneous flirt, woohoo and romance option I can find, but I feel like I haven't really done the whole thing-there's no option saying "turn off all flirt and romance socials" for example, which means I feel like I should be turning them all off individually, and I can't find enough options. No options to turn off woohoo at all, that I could find. Is that covered with all the flirts I've turned off? (I don't feel like I found options to turn them all off)

I generally play sims 3 myself, and I do have a sims 3 save just for her, but I feel like she likes the esthetics of 4 better. I spent hours tracking down every romantic social in Nraas and turning them all off one by one, turning off the possibility of zombies or werewolves, etc (I don't have werewolves or vampires for sims 4, so that's not an issue) She is hat adamant about no romance! Anyway in sims 3 I have a suite of settings for her and one for me, an we play by different rules. It doesn't look like that's possible for sims 4? It looks like a new save is integrated into the same overarching universe of the existing saves? If that's not rue, can someone tell me how one enters a save that is not integrated to another save? Because I am certain that if I play I do not want to prevent sims from aging or having any sort of romance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
short version: 1. How can I make sure I have turned off all possibility of any romantic interactions? 2. How can I have different saves with different options?

I know this is an odd request for a sims game, but my grandgoblin is six years old, and she just wants to grow crystal trees, watch the rodent, and train the puppy. She thinks romance is icky and she doesn't want the sim daddy to be flirting with anybody, and she doesn't want anybody getting older or dying either. I've turned off death and aging using game options and MCC, and turned off every spontaneous flirt, woohoo and romance option I can find, but I feel like I haven't really done the whole thing-there's no option saying "turn off all flirt and romance socials" for example, which means I feel like I should be turning them all off individually, and I can't find enough options. No options to turn off woohoo at all, that I could find. Is that covered with all the flirts I've turned off? (I don't feel like I found options to turn them all off)

I generally play sims 3 myself, and I do have a sims 3 save just for her, but I feel like she likes the esthetics of 4 better. I spent hours tracking down every romantic social in Nraas and turning them all off one by one, turning off the possibility of zombies or werewolves, etc (I don't have werewolves or vampires for sims 4, so that's not an issue) She is hat adamant about no romance! Anyway in sims 3 I have a suite of settings for her and one for me, an we play by different rules. It doesn't look like that's possible for sims 4? It looks like a new save is integrated into the same overarching universe of the existing saves? If that's not rue, can someone tell me how one enters a save that is not integrated to another save? Because I am certain that if I play I do not want to prevent sims from aging or having any sort of romance.

In regards to saves having different rules, it depends on individual settings, but generally settings that effect the game world (like turning off aging) affect only the save you select that setting for. So, you can have one save where sims don't age and another where they do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 6:00 AM
Thank you! I'm surprised how hard it is to find any of this information.