Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 12:31 AM
Default PSA: Fresh Prince is still making cars
Okay so TS3 managed to turn 10 years old last month without creating a singularity of lag and tearing the universe apart. But Fresh Prince, right, he started making CC automobiles for TS3 as soon as he figured out how to. Turns out he's still doing it! His car models were pretty cool in the TS2 era and he jumped right at TS3, but it kind of dried up after TS4 came out. Well, turns out, he's opened a redesigned site and he's pumping them out again.

This guy must be making pretty serious dough because apparently he's had the time to make and release two dozen new car models already in 2019. That's not much shy of one a week. And they look great. He's going to be releasing his 300th CC automobile at the end of the year at this rate. I personally tried to keep my game fully fictional and Maxis Match for some time, but quickly gave it up when I saw how many cars I could get. And this was 2012 we're talking about.

Just letting you guys know, some of these CC creators take it really seriously. Sandy from AroundTheSims has also been doing it for almost 10 years, without cease. FYI - there's also a dude called Understrech Imaginations who's got a few hundred other cars, if FPC's don't cover it. Not as consistent quality-wise but more often than not, well worth downloading. He's got a lot of diversity. More stuff on the lower end and all sorts of vintages.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:21 AM
Yes. He updated his car selection about a week or so ago with six new cars. His site redesign was done a few months ago.

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
2000 Acura Integra Type R
2003 Ford Focus SVT
2011 Volkswagen Touareg
2017 Lincoln Continental
2019 Tesla Model 3

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:46 AM
For a bit of context, this is what we've gotten in CC cars over the past 7 months:

1937 Plymouth PT-50
1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe
1958 Edsel Pacer
1965 Ford Mustang GT
1970 Citröen 2CV
1970 Oldsmobile 442
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R
1988 Lamborghini Countach
1993 Toyota Supra MKIV
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
2003 Ford Focus SVT
2009 Mazda 3
2011 Volkswagen Touareg
2012 Toyota Yaris 5-door
2014 Kia Soul
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2016 Nissan Maxima
2016 Rolls-Royce Wraith
2016 Jeep Trailcat
2018 McLaren 720s
2017 Alfa Romeo Quattro Formaggi
2017 Nissan GT-R
2017 Audi R8
2017 Lincoln Continental
2018 Dodge Durango SRT
2018 Alpine A-110
2018 Cadillac Escalade
2018 Lamborghini Urus
2019 Tesla Model 3

......that's a lot of cars. Now I don't know about you guys but I like realism, and so I LOVE this. I'm still short on good '80s cars, but it's getting there.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
For a bit of context, this is what we've gotten in CC cars over the past 7 months:

1937 Plymouth PT-50
1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe
1958 Edsel Pacer
1965 Ford Mustang GT
1970 Citröen 2CV
1970 Oldsmobile 442
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R
1988 Lamborghini Countach
1993 Toyota Supra MKIV
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
2003 Ford Focus SVT
2009 Mazda 3
2011 Volkswagen Touareg
2012 Toyota Yaris 5-door
2014 Kia Soul
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2016 Nissan Maxima
2016 Rolls-Royce Wraith
2016 Jeep Trailcat
2018 McLaren 720s
2017 Alfa Romeo Quattro Formaggi
2017 Nissan GT-R
2017 Audi R8
2017 Lincoln Continental
2018 Dodge Durango SRT
2018 Alpine A-110
2018 Cadillac Escalade
2018 Lamborghini Urus
2019 Tesla Model 3

......that's a lot of cars. Now I don't know about you guys but I like realism, and so I LOVE this. I'm still short on good '80s cars, but it's getting there.

Off topic (delete if not allowed); let's race them then :lovestruc

If you (or anyone else) like cars and also play Forza Horizon 3 and/or 4 other than TS3, come join my club and add me on XBOX app, also please visit my FH3 storefront or FH4 creative hub if you like realistic paint job designs and vinyl stickers, my gamertag name is PAPAEMY, here some samples of my paint/liveries and stickers;

See you there
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:29 AM Last edited by daisylee : 14th Jul 2019 at 8:26 AM.
Dang, I need to check this out. Have many of his cars now and I am sure I will want more. Thanks for the heads up!

edit: found quite a few new ones to add to my game. Fun times!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 12:42 PM
This the site link for Understretch Imagination TS3 Car list for those interested in some vintage or cars not covered by Fresh Prince.

https://thesimscars.wixsite.com/mods/TS3CarList

Theorist
#7 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:06 PM
Yes, we need to thank and appreciate these creators who still keep our Sims 3 fresh with new content. That's why I was asking in another thread if anyone has done a master list lately. Thanks to all who still take the time to learn to create for Sims 3 and share those items freely.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:18 PM
Fresh Prince's motors look great in-game. I'm currently driving a 2010 Mini (still no sign of a Renault Captur though ) around Twinbrook in a sweet shade of orange.

AroundTheSims is one of my got-to places and it's worth the little donation to get the special goodies as well. Some fantastic conversion work on there and I love the fact that Sandy hasn't abondoned us and creates matching TS3 sets for her TS4 creations.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:47 PM
Didn't I mention Sandy? Sandy's great. She's also been making content for TS3 for about 10 years now, and as far as I know she has no intention of stopping.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#10 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:54 PM
If Sandy ever stopped creating/converting, I honestly think I'd cry. She's a gem for this community, always has been.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 5:53 PM
Sandy has something for everything. If you need to build something unconventional, and you don't know where to go, Sandy probably has something for it. I'm not a rich man but sometimes I send her a tenner or whatever over her site donation thing. It's not like that money would be going to anything more worthwhile.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 10:17 AM
I currently have 99 cars from FP, and 33 from UI. Somewhere in the near future, I need to start culling some of my excess CC, I guarantee the axe will not fall on anything I have from these two creators

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Theorist
#13 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 4:28 PM
I'm not a huge car freak but I love the classic one he does (it's some sort of Jeeves and Wooster style roadster). I always do a double take when I see cars from the 20s/early 30s in real life.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 5:41 PM
Cars from that era are deceptively huge, you never realize how large they are until you see one in real life. The ones I've tried in my own game were also wonderfully large. One issue I have is that FPC and UI don't always scale their cars realistically. Some of them are up to 20%, or a full tile's worth, smaller or larger than they should be. I don't know if that's easy to fix but it's very ugly when you put two incorrectly sized cars next to one another.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:56 PM
It's likely the scale is off on some of them because they have to be designed to accommodate TS3's limitations. The sitting animation and slots for example. It's also worth noting that many of the meshes from the original games they were ripped from (Forza, NFS, Driver) were inaccurately scaled to begin with.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:04 PM
There's probably major inconsistencies between those games but I think you can reasonably expect each individual game to have realistically scaled models, especially in a game like Forza. I'd surprised if there was even 1% deviation. The differences in TS3 are really quite extreme to the point that a lot of these models are unusable.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:15 PM
Unusable is bit of an exaggeration. You're obviously not part of the Sim Racing community otherwise you'd know that much of Forza's mesh work is outsourced and therefor inconsistent in both detail accuracy and scale accuracy. The only studios that would have consistency with their cars are those that both strive to replicate every detail with accuracy and do everything in-house. The only studio I'm aware of that does that is Polyphony Digital but those meshes have upwards of 600k polys and are not suited for a game like TS3.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:24 PM
It's not an exaggeration, it's a profound shortcoming. I cannot use a vehicle that looks unconvincing next to any other vehicle. I also know for a fact that Turn 10 doesn't have the same quality standard as Polyphony, because of course they don't, one is a Japanese studio and the other one isn't, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that Forza is any sort of sim racing game. It's a realistic racing game for a casual audience, and a simulator by some stretch of the imagination, but certainly no sim racer. Polycounts certainly don't have anything to do with it. Usually all it takes to scale a model properly is a short series of numeric values in a configuration file.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:35 PM
How'd you get the impression that I called Forza a sim racer from what I had typed? Sometimes it's like you don't even know how to read.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 7:52 PM
I think you need to rethink your ability to write a coherent piece of text if you don't see why I (reasonably) assumed the two are directly related to one another.

insert signature here