Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:21 PM
Default No wallshadow in-game?
I got the aesthetic part of of how to make proper shadows I believe (it looks okay in Milkshape). But I can't get my new wallshadow to show up in-game. Could anyone look at the file and tell me what I did wrong? Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 3:12 AM
If your shadow does not show on the wall, it might be because you placed the shadow mesh too far..the wall eats it. A shadow mesh must be a few clicks away from the surface is has to show on. A bit above the floor, for a ground shadow, and a bit closer to the object/far from the wall...for a wall shadow.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:08 PM
Hi, i'm sorry, I though file had attached, but I can't get it to upload.

simfileshare.net/download/z56cB9tQmYGti7ijB1TA1Ifsg3woIATWOhIgX2sYPeE7TDbObTpBXBN5CPtyV54r/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If your shadow does not show on the wall, it might be because you placed the shadow mesh too far..the wall eats it. A shadow mesh must be a few clicks away from the surface is has to show on. A bit above the floor, for a ground shadow, and a bit closer to the object/far from the wall...for a wall shadow.

I moved the shadow a bit foward from where the original shadow was placed but it still won't show up. thank you nonetheless.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:57 PM
Sometimes you need to keep moving the shadow mesh a tiny bit at a time and check in game until it's just right. I can't remember - does Bella's shadow show up properly in game? I clone Bella for new meshes quite often and it seems to me that I always need to fiddle with the shadow mesh. But I could be remembering wrong...

For what it's worth, I did take a look at your mesh in SimPE and everything for the shadow looks okay to me.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:02 AM
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:20 AM
Were your walls in cutaway mode when you checked the shadow? If so, try it with the walls up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:37 PM
@mustluvcatz yes I cloned Bella too

Thank you all, I will check in game again (what an embarrassment... perhaps I should try to delete my cache files...)