Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:37 PM
If you mean change the increase the color depth, I can't increase it any further. It's at the top of the depth. All I can do to it is to decrease it and I wouldn't think I'd want to do that.

Jo
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 2:36 PM
Faylen, thanks for your tutorial! But.. there's a simple question I need to ask. Umm.. I.ve followed every step in your tutorial.. However, when it comes to refreshing my sim in the bodyshop, I see no changes. it's the same as if I didn't make any changes with the clothes. Please help me.
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 3:04 PM
Did you save your changes in your graphics program before refreshing it in Body Shop?
Test Subject
#79 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 3:14 PM
Yes, I did.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 3:49 PM
The question is - did you "Save", or did you "Save As"? If you selected "Save", that's your problem right there. (I'm not talking down to you, it's just that I've seen this same question before, and it's always been caused by that. . .)

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#81 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 4:32 PM
I finally solved my blurring problem, well, at least the blurring around the edges of the swimsuit I was making. I got a tip from someone else. It's kinda long to explain here. I've got to do a few more with the Hawaiian graphics I really want to use and then see if those graphics come out clear in the game.

It all looks clear in Body Shop but using it in the game is more blurry. I put my game in high resolution and all and it didn't change it so I guess it was my technique. Hopefully this new technique will solve it all.

Thanks for all the help and answering my questions quickly.

Jo
Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:34 PM
One probably final note on my blurring problem. I got a new video card--a GeForce 6200--and my clothing blur is gone! Woo hoo! I finally deduced that that was the problem by sending my file to a friend who had a high end card and the picture she sent back just wow'ed me soI went on a mission to buy a card.

Now can anyone tell me if I have to make the clothes I make or any objects University ready. I don't have University and will probably not get it. So do I have to do something to my objects--especially furniture--so that people with University can use my things? This may not be where to ask this but I didn't know where else to put my question. There are soooooo many topics on this board and I have tried reading through them all.

Thanks all,
Jo
Test Subject
#83 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:46 PM
hi!
youre tutorial's are great, but with this one i'm getting stocked by step 5,6,7 i know very early but i think the problem is how many inches because at step seven i can't transform it, help me please! Greetz
#84 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 10:31 PM
how do I post skins for download
Hi,

I'm very new to the sims community and I'm creating a website. I just can't figure out where to fined the files to use for the download of my clothing recolors. I've sent some files to a friend and the only ones that work are the ones I package in bodyshop but these change the name of the file when it goes into the general population and they also include the Sim. My friend said she downloads another type of file from other Sims2 sites that when placed in the download folder worked fine and didn't change the file name. It doen't have the little pack icon like mine and all you have to do in put it in the downloads folder.

I've looked all over the forum for an answer to this. Can you help me?

Sunray
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#85 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:34 PM
When you tell bodyshop to put the clothing you made 'into the game', it builds a package file and throws it into your... either saved sims or download folder (I forget and I'm not on my pc right now).
What I did is make a new acct on my computer and then run sims in it, so it's a clean, fast loading game. Then I worked on my recolors, so they're easy to find.
Hopefully you included your name in the name of the recolor when you made it in bodyshop. If you did, you should be able to search your folders for your name and find your recolors.
I hope this helps!
#86 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 5:55 PM
Thank you so much Tiggerypum. The files were in the saved sims folder. It worked great!

Sunray
Field Researcher
#87 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:53 PM
I miss make-a-date from sim1, I loved that program...after a few clicks you could change a mini skirt with flats to a mini skirt with heels...Is it an easy task to do it with sims2? I have a few outfits that have flats shoes that I would love to convert to the high meshes....any tutuorials out there that could help me?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:43 AM
Thanks! I'm usually very good with photoshop, but I could never get patterns to work just right. This helped me out a lot! If I could, I'd give you some cake right now
Instructor
#89 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:21 AM
Default Thanks
Thank u, this helps me out loads! you rule!

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maree464
I miss make-a-date from sim1, I loved that program...after a few clicks you could change a mini skirt with flats to a mini skirt with heels...Is it an easy task to do it with sims2? I have a few outfits that have flats shoes that I would love to convert to the high meshes....any tutuorials out there that could help me?

Not so easy with Sims2. WDSBrianna wrote a meshing tutorial, DatGen has a new function that cuts out a number of steps in it, and in the Skinning Forum there's a sticky with links to both of those, and a specific high-heel mesh tutorial. Go check them out and see if they give you the information you need.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 1:29 AM
its only a pity that i dont have photoshop but great tuttorial
Test Subject
#92 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Mushu
hi!
youre tutorial's are great, but with this one i'm getting stocked by step 5,6,7 i know very early but i think the problem is how many inches because at step seven i can't transform it, help me please! Greetz

can someone answer my question please, i have to know it, greetz
#93 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 2:05 PM
I don't understand any of this. How do I get the shading to show up under the new fabric?

Do you use layers and adjust one of the layers?

I need it stated like you would to a five year old...
Field Researcher
#94 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 2:12 PM
i know so many people wh don't know how to recolor clothes, so thanx
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 3:43 AM Last edited by diplacesims : 5th Sep 2005 at 5:08 PM.
i have a question: re: fabric. do you want the prints on the fabric to be larger or smaller. (ie: the fruit in your texture) when increasing the size. I'm confused on this.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:40 PM
In general, any fabric image you get will be too large to use directly on sim clothes. You will need to copy and paste it multiple times to itself after scaling it down to make a useable texture. I keep a separate file of textures in My Documents/My Pictures, where I keep the fabric images I like. If something can't be multiply pasted onto itself (distorted, edges can't match correctly, too small a sample, etc.) I just delete it. After I've made it into a larger sample, I save as, using a descriptive name, as a JPEG to use later.

Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 3:56 PM
so does anyone wanna explain how you make a shirt from aeropostal? do u just go to the website and save a shirt? but if that is the case how do u make the back?
Test Subject
#98 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 12:41 PM
Wow this really helps.All i need to do now is get abode photoshop. Thanks
Test Subject
#99 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 12:34 AM
thanks so much. i've always been a little intimidated about skinning but I think you're tutorials will give the tools (and confidence) to get started.
Test Subject
#100 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 4:01 AM
Thankyou.
With any Luck and some time off work coming up I will be able to learn how to design clothes worthy of sharing with everyone.
Page 4 of 12