Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:31 PM
Default Custom Carpool Vehicle
Quote: Originally posted by eldrichfire
Ok, so i have the career up and running all pretty smooth. I tried including a custom vehicle and that's when it went bad. The carpool comes but tries to go in the driveway. If the driveway is empty, the car pulls in but my sim won't go in and i cant get a selection "go to work". Any thoughts on how to make a custom car work for carpools?

I am currently working on a Fire Service career and have been able to create two new vehicles by cloning two other existing car pool vehicles. If you try to use a vehicle that is not already a car pool vehicle, I would think that you need to adjust the pie menu and the behavs. Sorry I can not help with that. I have been able to repaint the police car and the ambulance and they seem to work fine in the game. Hope to get the career up soon, once I get the chance cards finished (a little stuck).
I am attaching 2 pics.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 1:11 AM
Just started working on my first career, and It seems to be going smoothly. Just one thing that confuses me (I'm sure it's been answered, but i don't think i saw it)

Is there anywhere that shows which car is which for the carpool? (ex: what the different sportscars look like, what the sedan looks like, etc). I cant tell exactly by the names
Test Subject
#103 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 9:40 PM Last edited by AcesOyster : 20th Jan 2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: I had another thing to mention later, but I was still the last post.
I'm trying to create a archaeologist career, but after writing everything, I found that I could not open the career editor. I have a base career, but the button not only doesn't ungrey, but it doesn't even appear.

Ask me for screenies if you need.

Also I don't see why we need to make a card for every level, I checked out the cards for natural scientists using the cheat, and there is only about 4 cards (the others just say 'nsii not used' (I think))
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:37 AM
Okay... I'm just going to say thank you for writing this tutorial right now; I'm sure I'll be back later to annoy you with questions, as I've never used SimPE (well, not for anything serious) before. I'm going to try to make an HP-inspired career dealing with magical beasts. Inspired by one of yours, I think (the Hogwarts one?). Anyway, I guess I'll do the fun bit now, writing out descriptions and levels... I despise Chance cards, so I'm not gonna bother with that bit.

Thanks again for the guide and for your patience in dealing with all the inquiries; as I said, I'm sure I'll have some too.
Test Subject
#105 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:21 PM Last edited by kilevel : 11th Feb 2008 at 10:28 PM.
Hi I have finished my first career but there is a problem. When my sim gets promoted the promotion box that says the new time of work and description of the new job does not come up, however my sim does receive the new job. I would post the career here but I don't know how. Please Help Also how do i get bidou's career deitor without downloading a new simPE. Finally I would like to know how to get a promotion or demotion through chance cards
Test Subject
#106 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 9:15 PM
Hey superfly, i was going to send this to you in a private message but it said i couldnt so:

Can you explain the career chance cards, becuase i dont understand like how to write them. You said 100 cards and the other tutorial i was reading said other stuff. Am i able to write 1 for male and then copy it. Becuase the jobs are the same and this in the first time i have tried making a career. Ive already done the jobs, wages, desciption, skills vehicle, clothing,workdays and firneds on a piece of paper (desciption in word). If you are able to help plz let me know.

Imrebel
Test Subject
#107 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:49 AM
You can easily test the careers by opening the cheat menu(Ctrl+Shift+C) and typing "BoolProp Testingcheatsenabled true" then shift click the newspaper>adult jobs>then select the job you want to test(use with the force chance cars).
Alchemist
#108 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 7:14 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 6th Jul 2008 at 7:34 AM. Reason: Found it now, stupidity again.
Hi! I hope this is the right place for this question.

I want to edit a custom career made by someone else. I have SimPE, with Bidou's editor working. But I can't find any of the custom careers. I looked in the object Workshop under Other and Sims Type, and the maxis careers seem to be there - but not the custom ones. I checked that the career files are in-game, and even tried to search for them in SimPE with the Finder tab. Ddin't locate anything with the right package name. Or anything else, in fact.

I've been all over the net looking for a reference to help me, and can't find one. Everyone just says..."open the career you want..."

The careers were made by SaraMK, and they are the Maxis NPC careers really. In case that makes a difference. I don't have any totally-custom careers.

Hope this is another case of blindness or stupidity. Hope you can help me!

EDIT: Okay, as usual I found it almost immediately after giving up and posting a question. The answer is...Use the 'open' command from the File menu at the top of the screen. Idiotically simple. There's just something about SimPE that makes my brain go all mushy.
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 1:08 AM
Okay, I've made a custom career but I can't get promoted. Any idea's anyone?

I've checked everything. I have the skill requirements, friends, job performance, blah blah blah...

D=
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 9:38 AM
Can some one swedish help me ^^ i suck on english and i whant 2 do a carrer for my sister
Test Subject
#111 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:54 PM
Default crappy GUID-how to fix?
I finished my fantastic new career and when i was testing it during the game, i hit a little snag. It runs pretty smoothly, but when my sims get promoted, i get that little annoying error box (you know that one with cancel, retry, and delete) and it says that I gave it a crappy GUID (exact words too, what person from maxis typed in crappy GUID?) and i need to fix it. How, exactly, is a tad bit of a problem. Any help would be fantastic.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#112 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 3:27 PM
So I know this is going to sound stupid, but I have everything down, writing wise. But I have no idea how to use SimPE Bidou Career Editor. It always tells me that I don't have a package file selected or there is a problem loading the career. I have no idea how to get from having it all in MS Word and making it into SimPE.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#113 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
So I know this is going to sound stupid, but I have everything down, writing wise. But I have no idea how to use SimPE Bidou Career Editor. It always tells me that I don't have a package file selected or there is a problem loading the career. I have no idea how to get from having it all in MS Word and making it into SimPE.

Never mind, I figured it out.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#114 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 9:10 PM
I have written my own career and tested it and, shockingly, it works. This is my first ever custom created item for the game. However, I am having one small issue. Playing Maxis careers, I have noticed the higher a Sim's aspiration meter, the more likely they are to get a career and the lower the aspiration, the less likely. Not in my own creation. No matter her mood (I even cheated and set it in high red), she gets a promotion as long as she has fulfilled the skills requirement. Is there somewhere to change this or did I do something wrong? If someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Test Subject
#115 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:47 PM Last edited by lcrmrc : 28th Feb 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Default hello I am French
Thank you very much for this tutorial. Bidou career editor is an awesome tool !
Field Researcher
#116 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:19 PM
uhh...
How do you put them IN the game
#117 Old 10th May 2010 at 3:24 PM
how do you open the ressouce tree?
Test Subject
#118 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 3:46 PM
Default Slight career problem
hi im new to this,but i have managed to do a career and get it slightly to work in the sims 2.When my sim gets a job it says karate instructor (my career) but has test subject after it(as you can see i used the science career as a guide) and when i click on skills and career it says test subject and when i hover over that a brief discripton of whati do in the job.How do i edit these ? and where can they be found .

I posted for the first time today but a HystericalParoxysm kindly deleted my post with a note saying "not even remotely in the right place."I had already apologize if i had posted in the wrong place.

Perhaps HystericalParoxysm could do a new user/first time poster a favour and put the post in the right forum but maybe the power of forum mod has gone to his or her head !
Test Subject
#119 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 3:03 PM
Hello,

i would like to know, if its possible to edit original careers shipped with the game and EPs or whether it is possible to replace these careers with new ones?

thanks
Test Subject
#120 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:37 PM
I am so lost with all of this stuff. I can't even seem to get SimPE to open up correctly. I appreciate this tutorial for what it is, but apparently I'm beyond clueless. Is there a tutorial that is meant for dummies such as myself who need step by step instructions on creating a career? I've tried visiting the SimPE website about a thousand times today to look for a tutorial on the program itself and I can't get any of their pages to load. I would LOVE to create some custom careers. Am I really too stupid to do it??
Test Subject
#121 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 5:53 AM
dose this work with sims 3 if not do you know any for sims 3.
Test Subject
#122 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:02 AM
Hi all! I'm working in a project for making a "career" for my elders which is in fact like atending a Leisure Center: a way to keep them busy after retirement and not earning moore money but spending it in art, dancing or wathever classes. The idea is that they earn 0$ in all 3 levels and have chance cards 100% happening with -150 or -250$ so everyday they "get a bill" for this classes. I'm working with SimPE and Bidou's editor, but this chance cards in game do not work as I thought: both options result in a "earn 0$ and got a bonus (or a penalty) of 0$".

Any idea why and how to solve this? Thanks!!
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 6:30 PM
I am trying to replace adventurer and intelligence career. but all of the tutorials here seem obsolete.
I assumed if I could at least find their GUID I could overwrite them using a different career file with those GUID.
Could someone please help me using the latest version of SimPE, and without any links to really old site links on how to find and change existing careers?
Page 5 of 5