Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#126 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 6:31 AM
It's possible but they don't work well, and CAW tries to "fix" them by making them rectangular. If you can explain what you want to do in more detail I may be able to help you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:30 AM
Oh! I forgot about this! I was curious if creating anything like this: http://i45.tinypic.com/29q08jo.jpg would be possible. The terrain couldn't do much good in this situation because the boundaries between areas of the spring are very thin. And while you could get away a thicker boundary to keep the springs from overflowing and causing whatever damage that would do, you can't really get away with shaping the springs with the terrain. I'm not married to doing this yet, and I'm still learning, I'm just curious what the technical limits will be for my plans
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#128 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 11:30 AM
Space Pony
#129 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:19 PM
I can't find 0x90624C1B in S3PE I've searched and the closest I came to was 0x9063660D if it helps this file has a Tad as WTXT. Thanks for the help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#130 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:41 PM
ruffdog24, are you looking in the world file of your CAW world?
Space Pony
#131 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 2:21 PM
Yes I am
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#132 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 3:13 PM
Not sure why it wouldn't be present in your world; try creating a new world and getting it from there.
Space Pony
#133 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 7:29 PM
Alright sounds good, just to be safe I'll still be able to put the water plane into my actual world?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#134 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 11:20 PM
Yes; import the resources generated by the water plane tool as well as the 0x90624C1B (that you mod) from the new world. Those are what you need.
Space Pony
#135 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 2:17 PM
Yay hopefully it will work this time last time I tried and my water plane didn't appear, but I think that was due to a lack of knowledge when it came to the Hex editor
Test Subject
#136 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 9:45 PM
I have importet my waterplanes, and after saving and reloading they now look fine. Exept two of them don't clip right.

I thought a portion of plane that reaches into open air will dissapear after saving. However, in two places a plane reappears under the land that is supposed to clip them and continues into the air. It is visible after saving and reopening, it is visible in EIG. I didn't try to export is yet, though.

Have I done someting wrong? How can I make the projecting part dissappear?
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sakasiru
I have importet my waterplanes, and after saving and reloading they now look fine. Exept two of them don't clip right.

I thought a portion of plane that reaches into open air will dissapear after saving. However, in two places a plane reappears under the land that is supposed to clip them and continues into the air. It is visible after saving and reopening, it is visible in EIG. I didn't try to export is yet, though.

Have I done someting wrong? How can I make the projecting part dissappear?
If you're referring to a corner or edge of the squared plane protruding from a rounded piece of land, I had that issue as well, I had to adjust my land to compensate... I'd thought that was normal...? >.<
Field Researcher
#138 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:35 AM
Alright, read through the whole thread, and took a look at the stuff on modding the CAW, etc. Now I am totally confused! The page on modding states there are some unspecified issues with the pond tool. Anyone know what those are, or if that is still accurate? Recommendations as to whether the pond tool, via the mod, or the water planes, are the best way to go? I would dearly LOVE to place some water planes, but am unsure how to go about it. Do I use the AriWaterLevels.zip included in the thread, and/or the 707.rar? Where do I place these? Once there, do I use the water plane generator to place them into the game, or is that a separate method? I don't mind playing around with coordinates, if needed, but do those have to be set ahead of time, or can they be altered, as with other objects in CAW? I guess what I really need is the step-by-step Idiots Guide to Water Planes for CAW. I have a world I really NEED these in ,as the only other method is placing the river effects over deep trenches with water at the bottom, which really does NOT have the look I want.

I do have the distant terrain stuff in CAW, so assuming it's set for that, but it's been so long since I did that (along with a few other odds and ends), I can't remember how I even did it. So, if someone has time to set out the steps for this, and the best method (for best look, even if it's more complicated), that would be most appreciated! What I am looking for is:
1. best way to get the water planes in game - whether generator, download, of a combination
2. where to place the download
3. how, in detail, to get the planes into a world
4. whether the planes can be moved/adjusted once placed, by playing around with the x,y,etc location values. Done that with other items, so willing, if it's possible.

What I have installed for CAW works through Pets and Supernatural. I haven't installed Seasons or University yet, so I haven't changed CAW for those. Trying to finish a world in progress first, and get it exported to the game first, in case of any issues. Something that will work with what I have, and preferably with any updates needed once I install the two latest expansions, would be great. TIA!
Forum Resident
#139 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:04 PM
It's been a year since I did this, and I don't remember too well the process. Only that it was a huge pain in the rear. I must have done it a dozen times before I got a successful outcome.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
It's been a year since I did this, and I don't remember too well the process. Only that it was a huge pain in the rear. I must have done it a dozen times before I got a successful outcome.

Well, hopefully someone can explain it! As it is, I have the river effects placed, with trenches underneath with actual water down below the effects. On the surface, it doesn't look bad, but I have no idea if it would work for fishing or not. Water planes would so easily solve that issue. Just hoping I don't have to do some mod-type thing, because I haven't ever done any of that, and really have no idea how. Never had time to figure it out.

At least I know this is actually complicated, and I haven't just gone brain dead, lol!
Test Subject
#141 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 10:55 AM
Hello guys!
I am very glad that someone spent time to create this tuto but I have some troubles with it...
I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out alone but I obviously can't...
When I upload my world, I can see the water plane but the water stay below it, I don't know why..
I attached a picture and the zip file of my "config"
Any help would be welcome :lovestruc
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Water Planes Shyria.rar (492 Bytes, 21 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 11:13 PM Last edited by zaide_chris : 17th Jun 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Shyria: If you make at least one terrain sculpting change then save, close the world and reopen it, the water plane will look better.

Screenshots:
1: Before change.
2: After change.
3: After closing world and reopening.

The change doesn't need to be so large. Only made it so big so it could be seen easier.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#143 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:49 PM
Default Hope someone is still watching this thread
I hope someone is still watching this thread. I have placed two water planes into my world and after going through all the steps I see that my lower plane is falling short of the object I used to obtain my X and Z ( see pic)

The upper plane is exactly where I need it but it is the lower plane that is giving me fits. can someone help. Also simsample if you are looking here by chance I noticed in a previous thread that you mentioned some success in changing the water direction of the planes is this correct? How did you go about doing this?

*** EDIT*** ..... After looking at the picture I figured out what was going on ..... the terrain was clipping the plane... flattened the river bed and the plane now sits exactly where I need it
Sometimes you just need a second look :P
Test Subject
#144 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 5:43 PM
Default Final Water plane
I just wanted to add my finished water planes. Thanks to everyone who made this tut the awesome tools!!!

Test Subject
#145 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 2:33 AM
Default Better late than never...
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
Is there a way to change the direction of the current? If not I'll just flip my entire world over... water flowing away from the sea kind of bothers me

Hey, I know this was posted 3 years ago but if you are still interested, yes you can. See my post #365 here in simsamples thread for details.
Forum Resident
#146 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 5:39 PM
I know this is an old thread but I'm curious. At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a water plane, what does it do? I'd just like to know since I plan on building an Egyptian world and would like to know whether to use the terrain sculpting tool (Valley-steep) or water planes.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#147 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 7:31 PM
Hi,
I tried to create a lake at the mountains in my world...
To be honest, I'm not really good at maths so I don't understand these X,Y,Z codings and so on... also the same for fly-overs....
Can't I just use the Pond Tool?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Page 6 of 6