Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3501 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
I have... some... personal experience. I do not feel like talking about it, though.
Sorry, Lance. My sympathies.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3502 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:22 PM
Middle class suburban teenagers who try to sound like they are from East. L.A. are about as fresh as a new season on T.V. I wish they would get a new schtick.

Scholar
#3503 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:48 PM
I wish my college homework would just go away. =/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3504 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
I wish my college homework would just go away. =/

I wish my students wouldn't do theirs and then I wouldn't have to mark it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#3505 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:37 PM
I think we should just stop homework all together Then everyone will be happy!

I really wish my cookbook would get here....even though I just ordered it an hour ago.
Banned
#3506 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:38 PM
The PlayStation controller got wrapped around my dog's foot, and his started spazzing about it like a bucking bronco (if you don't know what that is... too bad?) and then he pulled over the PlayStation, and ran down the hallway with the PlayStation still attached to his foot... NOW IT DOESN'T WORK.
Scholar
#3507 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:34 AM
So I got into a fight with myself on my livejournal.

I cannot be anymore pathetic.

Oh, yeah and I lost. -.-
Scholar
#3508 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
The PlayStation controller got wrapped around my dog's foot, and his started spazzing about it like a bucking bronco (if you don't know what that is... too bad?) and then he pulled over the PlayStation, and ran down the hallway with the PlayStation still attached to his foot... NOW IT DOESN'T WORK.

Sorry that your PS doesn't work, but is it wrong that I'm amused by that? I mean the most interesting pet thing that's happened to me in the last week was when my dog, Jet, puked up food on the floor.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#3509 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:44 AM
I hate it when that happens.
Banned
#3510 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankokomando
I cannot be anymore pathetic.
I guess the way you talk of yourself is the primary reason people shy away from you. Change your signature, too.
Scholar
#3511 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:39 AM
Why? D: I think it's witty.
Banned
#3512 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:29 AM Last edited by 5M0K3 : 14th Nov 2011 at 6:08 AM. Reason: Gender-confused, much?
Lance, I don't think she means any harm. Some people are naturally depressing sounding. Whatever. I hate life.
Scholar
#3513 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 5:38 AM Last edited by frankokomando : 14th Nov 2011 at 5:54 AM.
I'm a not a he D: and I'm not as depressing as I used to be. Used to be a million times worse. Now I just walk around and pretend to be happy :P
Banned
#3514 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:07 AM
Okay, that is exactly what Lance means. (I think)
Scholar
#3515 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:10 AM
Pretending to be happy is better than acting all depressing all the time :P
Banned
#3516 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:16 AM
But saying you're pretending to be happy to someone you don't know very much, it's rather attention-seeking.
Scholar
#3517 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 6:18 AM
I don't say it to people =/ I just act happy when I'm around people.
Scholar
#3518 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:39 AM
I am bloody tried and decided I needed coffee. I just opened a new thing of coffee the other night so I was busy thinking how the hell em I going to get this to the cup with out spilling it. Well of course my sleep deprived brain farted and I literally dumped it in my cup and not the filter. Considering the price of coffee now days-;sighs: be better if it was chocolate covered coffee beans and not you know black ground coffee beans/

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Banned
#3519 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:58 AM
Frankokomando, public self-humiliation is bad, bad, bad.
Mad Poster
#3520 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
Frankokomando, public self-humiliation is bad, bad, bad.
There's a fine line between that and self-depreciating humor. Lance is right, if it isn't caught just right it comes off as negative and can make others see you as less than desirable to be around. I keep thinking of Eeyore who was funny in many ways but ultimately a big bummer.

I'm so sorry you continue to struggle with your feelings. Pretending to be happy isn't the worst thing in the world. If it can help you to assume a more upbeat and uplifted mood, then it has its use. If it's keeping you from dealing honestly with your problems, then it's not useful.

Banned
#3521 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:51 AM
Humor it is if you repeat it once, twice, thrice... but she speaks like that every single time she speaks of herself at all and doubles it with her signature.
Look, I think she's a nice girl and I understand she has self-confidence problems and I also understand she means her words as funny BUT in real life that line of behavior is extremely irritating.
Banned
#3522 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:44 PM
There's a difference between "I'm sad I just act happy" and self-depreciating humor. Telling someone that you are depressed and act happy all the time, does not seem like it was meant to be humorous at all. And I agree, SHE (see I got it right this time) is a very nice person, but - and I feel weird agreeing with you on about everything you're saying right now, Lance - as you said, it gets irritating.
Banned
#3523 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:29 PM
Well, I was not talking of that one her post here in this thread, I was talking of the whole bunch of her posts around the forum.

...Why do people never agree with me without telling me how weird it feels to agree with me? Am I that disagreeable?
Banned
#3524 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 1:37 PM
No Lance, but I always feel weird agreeing with every word someone says. It's a thing.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3525 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I am bloody tried and decided I needed coffee. I just opened a new thing of coffee the other night so I was busy thinking how the hell em I going to get this to the cup with out spilling it. Well of course my sleep deprived brain farted and I literally dumped it in my cup and not the filter. Considering the price of coffee now days-;sighs: be better if it was chocolate covered coffee beans and not you know black ground coffee beans/

This makes me sad - I am such a coffee freak. I lurve coffee. <sigh> You know, chocolate covered coffee beans are nice but nothing beats burying your nose in a fresh espresso. With sugar. Lots of sugar. <eyes espresso machine> *sigh* I've had my allowance for today.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Locked thread
Page 141 of 144