Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 1:02 AM
Default SimPE Scenegraph Resource Finder No Results
Hello all, attempting to follow this tutorial to clone and edit a tree but on the step where you have to use the finder and namemaps, upon putting in my tree's name (cloned from the base game Japanese Maple) and starting the search the game will load for a bit but the results section will be blank, not even a path found.

Having run a system check, everything seems to be working fine, and my file paths are correctly linked, but I'll stick a screenshot here just in case. I have a cracked version (only way to get it going on my laptop, no disk drive). If anyone has any pointers, please let me know!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 3:27 AM
Under Extra/Preferences->File Table, have you added all the packs?

Also, if you've got your savegame path (Documents) under OneDrive, you're in for a lot of trouble...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Under Extra/Preferences->File Table, have you added all the packs?

Also, if you've got your savegame path (Documents) under OneDrive, you're in for a lot of trouble...

Thanks for the info about OneDrive, I had no idea! I've currently got it unlinked, I don't have an account, and all my backups are on my computers hard drive, so I should be okay if something happens I think.

As far as File Table, I believe so. Here's a screenshot of my File Table, let me know if anything looks off. Slightly cropped because I think the version I wound up downloading is the "sexy" version...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 4:17 PM
In "System Folders", are they linking to the main folder of the proper EP/stuff pack (SP1/Free Time/etc.), or somewhere else in the folders?
(it's not possible to see in the picture)

The tick boxes in the "File Table" look a bit strange. Have you tried unticking and ticking them again (the ones with squares instead of V's)?
Also check that the same folders are ticked in "advanced settings" below. If anything is unticked, it's possible something isn't properly included, or isn't recognized properly by SimPE.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Did you verify the actual path in the file table? The preview doesn't show the whole path.

Was this what you mean? The path should lead here, right?

Tried re-ticking the boxes, for some reason they alternate between boxes, empty and checked, changed all of them to check marks but no luck yet. Advanced settings show that everything is checked except for packs I don't have (Extras, Angels and Nurses, Store Edition, Sim Stories).
Screenshots