Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 10:39 AM
Default right eye lower lid distortion
Hi: There's a minor detail on my sim's right eye lid which is really bugging me for a long time. It is not the mascara cause I tried that already. I would guess it is something in the uv mapping or maybe a vertice which is causing it. I though if I can extract her by opening the neighborhood first,then sim browser and choose more to press on character files. I chose #0x6f000c10!age4_0_gmdc which is her face. Now I'm thinking maybe I can export this and find out where the flow is in milkshape and fix it and reimport it and save. I just want someone to reassure me that I'm doing the right thing. Here is what it looks like in bodyshop and in the game. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 12:13 PM
Are you sure it's not just a flaw in the skin or makeup?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you sure it's not just a flaw in the skin or makeup?
Unfortunately it's neither. I tried different mascara and skintone, same thing. I tried and using milkshape made both eyes identical and replace both the #0x6f000c10!age4_0_gmdc and #0x6f000c10!age4_0LOD15_gmdc. It's still same result maybe slightly better yet one can see the distortion. I changed her face in bodyshop to the first face and the distortion disappeared but that's not what i want. I think it has something to do with maxis sliders like the one I used to make her eyes slanted cause i tried that slanted feature with another premade sim and same make up looked distorted on the right eye. I tried appliing uv to the face but the whole face gets blue with no patterns, probably because the face has no uv coordinates so i can't see where the uv looks distorted. Anyone has an idea as what to do next? Thanks for your help anyway.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 1:49 PM
Faces do have UV coordinates, but sometimes they get shifted away or get distorted when exporting meshes (there's a bug somewhere between the OBJ exporter in SimPE and Milkshape for CAS meshes), and it's a problem with faces for whatever reason. If you export the GMDC (right-click/export) you get the proper face.

You could try to edit the makeup by adding a little bit more black in the problem area. Or you could go a bit easier on the slanted eyes if that particular morph/slider is a little borked. Maybe moving the eyes down just a bit can help fix the issue.

You could try to make an UVmap into makeup. Added one below.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 2:15 PM
Thanks for your help simmer 22. I've already after several tries abonden the idea cause it's really not that important when I rethink the idea of making my sim looking perfect in every detail. I don't see her that close anyway in the game, it's just bodyshop image that's bugging me so I'll have to live with that and not make it so important. Thanks for your help anyway.