Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "The sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff is not installed" error
I have been a few months without playing The sims 2. I wanted to start playing again but now every time i try to launch the game I get "The sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff is not installed or improbably installed on your machine, please install or reinstall". I know I haven't uninstalled the game, and I haven't deleted any program files because im too scared to touch any of that stuff. I have no idea what is going on.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:45 AM
You can try to repair the game in Origin client. Save the downloads folder somewhere just in case. Good luck.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:01 PM
Do you have the disk version of the game or the UC?

Sometimes EPs/SPs will randomly uninstall. You can try just reinstalling them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:56 PM
Turns out that for some reason the mansion and garden .exe file had it's extention changed. I changed it back to .exe and was able to load the game normally. Thank you!