Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 286 (Who?), Viewed: 14861 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 12 of 12
Inventor
#276 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:05 PM
SimmyRN, thank you for a new version. I had a quick look at it, it really looks very complete now! Some first atmospheric screenshots for further usage as convenient (I will post my findings in the next post).
Inventor
#277 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:08 PM
One question, did you swap the Tiny Cottage lot by Crowkeeeper and my Distant Relative with the fixed versions in post #254?

Findings so far (see attached pictures):

- the fog emitter at the fishing spot in the dog's ear still (or again) has the wrong code

Your aviary:
-mismatched wallpaper at the back
- two instances of stray tiles
Screenshots
Scholar
#278 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 3:50 AM
Thanks, Norn! Lovely pictures and good eye. I'll make those corrections. I'm pretty sure I did replace the lots but I'll double check. Not sure what's doing on with the waterfall in the fishing spot. I'll see about resetting it, too. I've never had so much trouble with fog emitters effects not holding. Very strange!
Scholar
#279 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 3:55 AM
Sorry for the double post but I wanted this to be by itself. attuned suggested I repeat the "guidelines" for the lots to be featured in Comments in the upload. This way they will be consistent. Thanks very much!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the format that I usually use for individual lots in the comments section.

Community Lot # 1 or Residential Lot # 1, # 2, etc.
Lot Name & Type of Lot
Lot Size
Lot Price Unfurnished
Lot Price Furnished
Additional description.
Screenshots: street view, left side, back, right side, overhead of each level starting with ground level and finishing with roof, extra "color" shots / action shots, room close ups, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#280 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:52 AM
My apologies for the triple post! First post and lot list updated. Please double check for accuracy. Thanks!
SimmyRN
Scholar
#281 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
One question, did you swap the Tiny Cottage lot by Crowkeeeper and my Distant Relative with the fixed versions in post #254?

Findings so far (see attached pictures):

- the fog emitter at the fishing spot in the dog's ear still (or again) has the wrong code

Your aviary:
-mismatched wallpaper at the back
- two instances of stray tiles

Norn,
I fixed the wallpaper and stray ceiling tiles at Birdie Apartments. Thanks for spotting them!

I checked the two houses and the Fishing Spot. The effects are working fine in my game. Did you, by chance, forget to save the game and then play the saved version? This is the only way I know of to be sure the fog emitters effects work correctly. (The chimney smoke looks very cool, by the way! I never remember to do that.) I'll add a note to the post with the download. I always put it in the overview / description for the world/neighborhood but forget that not everyone will know to do this.
Inventor
#282 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:09 PM
No, I never had these troubles before either (and yes, it was a save I opened, not a new game)... The difference is, that I start my game with the Sim Game Selector which hides the installation paths of unselected EP from the game. I.e. the game loads only everything within BG and pets installation paths. So if an effect comes with a different EP it won't show. Not sure if it maybe messes up the BG effects, too... maybe that is the case. We would need someone who really only has BG and Pets installed to have a proper testing result. So maybe my results are wrong in this regard.

To be on the safe side, I removed the effects on the Tiny Cottage and the Distant Relatives. Please find the updated version attached. Sorry for the inconvenience! Included in the archive is also an updated version of the White Barn. Not sure why it wouldn't be a starter for you, it says something around 15k for me. But I changed some minor things anyway .

More findings (see attached screenshot): Bark Park
- Sims run to the short side of the lot to enter. Maybe set the front of the lot again in CAW game editor?
- Picknick basket that comes with the lot and cannot be used by active sims or NPCs
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip lots_Norn_Crow_Update.zip (7.67 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#283 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:52 PM
Thanks, Norn! I know that the waterfalls are base game and I think the chimney smoke is too. How strange that they are affected by your game selector. Obviously, I don't use it. I think that the picnic basket must be on the ground in order to be used. At least, I've never seen it used on a table, etc. I can move it and reset the front of the lot, if you'd like, attuned.
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 4:23 AM
Yes. please reset the front of the lot for Bark Park. The main entrance is where you find the gathering of trolls.

The picnic basket was put there as a deco object. If the group feels a functional item should not be used as a deco item, I am okay having it removed. I thought players can move it themselves if they didn't like it.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Scholar
#285 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:37 AM
Replaced Norn's lots and reset the front of lots for them and Bark Park. I hope it's okay, attuned, that I moved the picnic basket near the tree. I'm just afraid it might cause routing tantrums if sims try to access it and can't. If you think it will be in the way in the spot of clover near the tree, just let me know and I can remove it. I think it will work fine there and it's a nice setting for it.
Top Secret Researcher
#286 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:35 AM
Thanks SimmyRN. I wasn't thinking about how the picnic basket could cause routing issues. I will check that sims can use it when it's placed on the ground. If not, it can just be deleted.

Top Secret Researcher
#287 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:57 AM
Our new thread to post pictures for the upload. Please keep it pictures/ lot info only: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=615045

Page 12 of 12