Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#4001 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 6:14 AM
I remembered another one; When you delete "make food" from their queue, they will shout and even turn at you to complain how there's something "on the way" even when there is nothing. Even with hacks to make them complain much less. I think the thing that makes it annoying is how they turn at you and break the fourth wall, despite not doing that when they complain for other things (like when something is blocking them), when they could just put the unfinished food on the counter w/o any problems.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4002 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM
Carpools and taxis constantly honking the horn. Yes, I know you're out there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4003 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:28 AM
Especially when my sim is IN the taxi or carpool waiting to leave and the idiot driver keeps honking the horn anyway.
Test Subject
#4004 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:40 PM
When sims go to a community lot by taxi, they can't walk back home. They must use a taxi again instead. Just why?
Instructor
#4005 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 6:44 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves is the fact that we don't have a proper black wall paint, or grey, for that matter. Also, the fact that columns aren't the same height as walls. It makes it really annoying when you're trying to use a column for decorative purposes.
Scholar
#4006 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 7:12 PM
Mine is also build related.

It does annoy me that there is no curved walls in game. There are roofs that are round but no walls. The only walls that are curved is for pools.

It also annoys me that I can not place a lamp 2 floors up. So if I build a house whit two floors and there is a space that is open all the way up to the roof I can not place a lamp up there as it "can only be placed on floors or terrain".
Top Secret Researcher
#4007 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:28 AM
When creators have downloads of a collection but don't have a clear picture of everything in the collection.
Mad Poster
#4008 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
It also annoys me that I can not place a lamp 2 floors up. So if I build a house whit two floors and there is a space that is open all the way up to the roof I can not place a lamp up there as it "can only be placed on floors or terrain".

You can use moveobjects on to place the lamp, but unfortunately the light won't reach the lower floor even if there's nothing to block it. I solve that by using a tiny cc lamp that isn't visible, and placing it on the first floor with moveobjects. That way I get light, and it looks like it's coming from the second floor lights.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4009 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:51 AM
Inconsistent pricing with CC.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#4010 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You can use moveobjects on to place the lamp, but unfortunately the light won't reach the lower floor even if there's nothing to block it. I solve that by using a tiny cc lamp that isn't visible, and placing it on the first floor with moveobjects. That way I get light, and it looks like it's coming from the second floor lights.

There is also this light, though it is old. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=135440
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4011 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
More of a custom content pet peeve: When downloaded lots come with 10000 mailbox recolors! And it's usually the types of 9438459568f files as well

edit: 1000 Trashcan recolors in the downloaded lots count as well.

This is why Clean Installer should always be used. You won't find that in lots uploaded here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#4012 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
This is why Clean Installer should always be used. You won't find that in lots uploaded here.

I realized that after i noticed the problem even when i have been using Clean Installer for forever. I wish i realized it earlier >_< But i did find the offending files after some searching thankfully. I will be more careful from now on.
Lab Assistant
#4013 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:58 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves is Sims fighting. When I'm playing a university lot such as fraternity/sorority or dorm, there is inevitably fighting at least once a day and often much more frequently than that. It really disrupts my gameplay and makes those lots not at all fun to play.

I haven't found a good mod to help with this. The only thread I found was this one which links to a mod by Squinge to disable watching fights. However, the zip file for the version of the mod which is supposed to work on all lots actually only has the version for business lots in it

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Instructor
#4014 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
My pet peeve is that the cheat for having additional floors broke somewhere along the line and was never fixed. I know about the one roof trick to get the number of floors up to six, but the cheat not working really curbs my love of Build Mode.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#4015 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
The Q button, which is one of the controls in freecamera mode, also is the shortcut to quit the game...

Lab Assistant
#4016 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The Q button, which is one of the controls in freecamera mode, also is the shortcut to quit the game...

This happened to me once while I was taking a picture, pressed Q and accidentally quit the game without saving. I was so upset that I didn't play for a while
Forum Resident
#4017 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:28 AM
-Twins are the only ones who literally can't be identical, which is the opposite of what it should be

-Learning teleportation through meditation won't give you the learned teleportation vacation memory
Mad Poster
#4018 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:00 PM
- Hardcoded limitations in the game engine, particularly the stupid Create-a-Sim restrictions and only four families in an apartment building.
- There's no way to get rid of a want. Sorry kid, you flunked out of high school, so stop wishing to go to college!
- Sims don't know how to take turns. Lots of stomping and flailing when multiple Sims are trying to clean up their plates.

Lab Assistant
#4019 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
- Hardcoded limitations in the game engine, particularly the stupid Create-a-Sim restrictions and only four families in an apartment building.
- There's no way to get rid of a want. Sorry kid, you flunked out of high school, so stop wishing to go to college!
- Sims don't know how to take turns. Lots of stomping and flailing when multiple Sims are trying to clean up their plates.

That last one yes!!
Mad Poster
#4020 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:09 PM
Because it makes more sense to throw your plate in the trash rather than wait five seconds for a free sink.
Lab Assistant
#4021 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Because it makes more sense to throw your plate in the trash rather than wait five seconds for a free sink.

My sims do that all the dang time.
Mad Poster
#4022 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM
I have been tempted many times to follow that example and throw the dishes into the trash.
Field Researcher
#4023 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM
This is more of a pet peeve about CC but I just downloaded a handful of hairs. I checked them out on CAS and see like, bald spots that weren't in the screenshots. Or like one hair mesh where its not attached to the scalp on the left side and makes it look like a bad wig. Conveniently the left side was left out of the screenshots *sigh*

So close yet so far
Field Researcher
#4024 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:24 AM
Quote:

Especially because when sims are done having their temper tantrum and finished dropping the action out of the queue, the other sim is almost always just done doing the dishes, walking the stairs, walking through the door, you name it. If only they made sims a little bit more patient.
Alchemist
#4025 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:55 PM
They did, in TS3, and it's just as annoying. And there's so much waiting in that game. Sims end up waiting so long that half the time they end up colliding again. Makes me respect the TS2 sims a bit more.

They don't really want to do the dishes. Like a teenager being asked to do chores, they'll do what you say, but any little excuse to drop it and run, they take so they can do whatever they feel like doing. I just try to learn from my mistakes and design their homes better, so they don't have any excuses.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 161 of 274